It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this some kind of alien craft with satellite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fou

Found this while looking at google sky, thought it was interesting. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Should provide the link to that exact page so it can be seen directly off the Google site.

That way it can be confirmed that it is in fact showing off the site and not just inserted into a photo posted in a forum.

Cheers!!!!

link   
In google sky you occasionally get some sort of refraction and you catch a glimpse of the insides of that particular telescope... I'm gonna say thats what you have there.

link   
The resident experts will know for sure but I suspect it's part of the structure of one of the Observatories.

Google Sky includes a number of different ways to explore the universe. The initial view shows the visible universe and is a mosaic of images from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey, the Digitized Sky Survey and the Hubble Space Telescope.
Google Sky

Very nice image though

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Refer RA Dec on Google Sky or search for NGC6879

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hi OP.

I referenced NGC 6874 and switched to "infrared" and my jaw dropped. The same image you saw came up. Then, I zoomed in on it and saw this:

i162.photobucket.com...

Sorry - I'm not real savvy on putting pics directly into the forum - but - After I zoomed in I saw that the shape was actually some kind of weird light distortion caused by ???? Anyway - yes - from a zoomed out perspective it looks like some crazy stuff. But - I zoomed in and saw that.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I say it's an internal reflection from the camera.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
you can "see through" the supposed objects, I guess that tells one thing...

besides, there are a lot (and a I mean a Lot) of these glitches both in Google Sky and MS Telescope (more on the later)... but they all seem to be from actual telescope lenses/converting malfunction.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yep definitely looks just like a glitch to me. Or I suppose if it is a space craft it could have some sort of "cloaking" device of some kind.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
When you consider the number of times NASA has revised its take on what we discover
as we have more access to space images. So anything and everything is probably in most space photography. We just don't know about it at the moment..so keep looking!

It took Dr. L. Frank half his professional career to get NASA to admit that the "dark spots" in their satellite photos were "small" (house sized) comets, showering the Earth every hour by the thousands! He saw something weird on an image, kept going and science had to eventually acknowledge the "dark spots"...

top topics

join