It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to begin operation of 1st nuclear power plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali
America is the only country
interested in mass scale wars, even Israel wants to keep it small.

Not entirely true... Ever heard of Greater Israel? How do you think they plan to achive it? Massive scale war through proxies such as the USA of course, the USA would not be in one single middle east warzone, if it were not for Israel and its control of the US! (This seems to touch a raw nerve with many Americans, most of whom dismiss the possibility of their government being so much so compromised).

But you are right, the only people to ever nuke a human City, not once, but TWICE! Is the USA, the same people who have nukeing Iran on the table as a last ditched plan if all else fails...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

actually fuel enrichment is %5 (up from 0.7% for dug out of the ground uranium) - which is what the 1 ton of UF6 that iran has , is enriched to.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yes you're correct, I should have said "up to 20%" as it varies apparently.

I guess it depends on the specific design of the reactor it is intended for.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If all countries would band together to completely disarm America, then
we could finally start rebuilding our societies. America is the only country
interested in mass scale wars, even Israel wants to keep it small.

You may recall 2 fairly recent large scale wars, you know the ones I'm sure, World War I and World War II.

As you may also be aware, Belgium, your country of residence was somewhat destroyed by the Germans, and on both occasions you saved to varying degrees by..........the Americans.

We don't expect much gratitude in return, but it would be nice if you didn't criticize us in our attempts to help others in similar situations (Grenada, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc).

We're not perfect, but who has been a better friend to you, the Germans?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

We're not perfect, but who has been a better friend to you, the Germans?

Well not exactly. If the American industrial and banking elite (amongst others) had not bankrolled the rise of the Nazi party in the first place, and continued to do so even after the US went to war, then Belgium wouldn't have needed saving.

It's not an anti-American thing but the same families who did so much damage and were responsible for untold deaths last century, are still in power behind the scenes today.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Well not exactly. If the American industrial and banking elite (amongst others) had not bankrolled the rise of the Nazi party in the first place, and continued to do so even after the US went to war, then Belgium wouldn't have needed saving.

Trying to pin World War II on us for financing German reconstruction, is like trying to pin World War I on the Belgians for making the pistol that started that war. The US has always supported financial reconstruction of defeated enemies, that hardly makes us responsible for the actions of the Nazis.

By the same logic we should also be blaming you, the Brits, for creating the original mess in Iraq and Palestine.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I'm not blaming the American people for the mess, neither do I blame the British people for the mess our leaders have created over decades around the world. We have no say in it all and are just the poor buggers who get to go and fight the wars our leaders and their corporate backers create in the pursuit of more wealth and power.
I certainly recognise the damage done by successive governments of the UK so it's not that I am trying to shift any blame onto the US alone, just pointing out the complicity in creating wars for the profit and personal gratification of the elites.

If they gave me a rifle today and told me to go fight someone I'd shoot the buggers myself.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Britguy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join