It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration tries to kill e-mail case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Obama administration tries to kill e-mail case

www.google.com

The Obama administration, siding with former President George W. Bush, is trying to kill a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails.

Two advocacy groups suing the Executive Office of the President say that large amounts of White House e-mail documenting Bush's eight years in office may still be missing, and that the government must undertake an extensive recovery effort. They expressed disappointment that Obama's Justice Department is continuing the Bush administration's bid to get the lawsuits dismissed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gwu.edu

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just the other day I was expressing disappointment with Obama apparent unwillingness to investigate the Bush Administration's policies of detention and treatment of people in CIA sites and Guantanamo, and now this.

Obama talked about openness and transparency in Government in his first couple of days in Office and now this Administration continues Bush's policies on this matter too.

Tom Blanton, director of the National Security Archive, noted that President Barack Obama on his first full day in office called for greater transparency in government.

The Justice Department "apparently never got the message" from Obama, Blanton said.

The department defends the government when it is sued.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My theory is that any such data made available for review would demonstrate the federal government's abuse of power, transgressions against the Constitution and most importantly the blatant complicity of BOTH political parties. It will also demonstrate the 'reward'/'punishment' paradigm the political parties use to effect control over the government's employees. ... but that's just me

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Maxmars]

join