It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival weapons in the UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My God. They really did a number on you in the UK.

You have no right of self defense. Your prosecuted if you defend yourselves. It is insane.

God Bless You.

I truly feel for you "some of you with the sense to defend themselves" anyway.

So, I am trying to put myself in your place.... being unarmed.. hmm let me think. Since your criminals don't have that problem, I would prefer a ranged weapon.

Here are a few ideas for you.

My top 3 - Modified Paintball gun, Crossbow, and Air Cannon.

Are you allowed CO2 air rifles or BB guns?

How about paintball guns? Replace those "paint" balls with something a bit more damaging. (Since many are adapted for semi-auto or auto-fire, this would be my first choice of experimentation)

Crossbows and Bows of course.

Besides a crossbow or modified paitball gun, I would make a freeking Air CANNON

AIR CANNONS!!! Or some of the old flammable charged "potato cannons" (I am sure you can find some interesting projectiles to fire out of this thing.)

www.americanaircannons.com...

www.tshirtgun.com...

www.spudtech.com...

www.instructables.com...!/

www.wikihow.com...

Yeah, a few Air Cannons would do the trick... If the big one can launch a freeking 2x4 I think you can adapt it to fire a volley of something (Also see golf ball gun)

I think an intruder would think twice about it if you pointed one of these at him.
www.americanaircannons.com...

www.coolest-gadgets.com...

[edit on 22-2-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

The problem with any air powered weapon is it's limited lifespan in a survival scenario. The OP's post seems to want a long term weapon. Whilst you can get foot powered rechargers the seals will eventually break and lugging them around isn't exactly easy.

If you use a spring powered item then it will also run out. The only thing i can think of is to acquire multiple springs to replace yours with when it runs out. That would be the best way of keeping a continuous supply of power for your ammunition. However even spring powered rifles have seals that need to be replaced.

I would suggest a spring powered rifle with spares springs and seals and a knowledge of servicing it. Still spring rifles rely upon ammunition that is perfectly formatted. Pellets are hard to make in a survival scenario. In the end any ai rifle will have limited usage.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
since i,m an ex army ,i have a map of army bases where weapons are stored ,and this is what you should do look for army camps with bunkers where they store weapons and other supplies things that you can use .you and your group should be ready in any time to take over these camps .

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by infolurker

If you use a spring powered item then it will also run out. The only thing i can think of is to acquire multiple springs to replace yours with when it runs out.

Or simply by a gas strut conversion for your gun from Theoben?. Never wears out, never loses power, , not affected by temp or humidity. can easily be tweeked for more power.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by khalid6591
since i,m an ex army ,i have a map of army bases where weapons are stored ,and this is what you should do look for army camps with bunkers where they store weapons and other supplies things that you can use .you and your group should be ready in any time to take over these camps .

In addition to the regular forces bases, add in TA/RNR/RAFAux bases as well as Army/Sea/Air cadet halls. Each county in the UK should have at least one of these in their area. Failing that, try County Police HQs.

We are talking a TEOTWAWKI scenario, so who is to say that the Military and/or Police will still be alive in numbers. If a pandemic hits, it doesnt care who is affected.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i too use a maglite as a self defence weapon i cycle to and from work and pass through a dodgy area, full of undesirable,s ie forieners.(theres me labled) lol. and its strapped to my handle bars loosly with cable ties. my spare metal tyre pump is filled with sticoflex making a good baton
liked the idea of ni gloves filled with sand good idea...

and a good tip from me old grandad. turn the tip of your bullet around it will make a good AP (he fought at the somme ) AP armoured peirsing round...

[edit on 23-2-2009 by foxhoundone]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
A ferret and a good quality net will serve you well for rabbits.

Otherwise the keys to your ford focus will come in handy for opening tins of beans and (cough) self defence.

Welcome to England!!

If the # hits the fan, the laws probably would'nt apply, so crack open the kitchen knifes and cricket bats!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
i too use a maglite as a self defence weapon i cycle to and from work and pass through a dodgy area, full of undesirable,s ie forieners.(theres me labled) lol.

By foreigners do you mean English?

I would have thought you're best self-defence weapon is your bicycle.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

i too use a maglite as a self defence weapon i cycle to and from work and pass through a dodgy area, full of undesirable,s ie forieners.(theres me labled) lol.

By foreigners do you mean English?

I would have thought you're best self-defence weapon is your bicycle.

Though it appears ominously racist it is not meant to be, BUT one of the prime reasons we moved out of our old town was ( apart from crime, drugs, poor schools etc) we were becominga minority in our own area. There was more folks from foreign places with different cultural practises moving in every day, in quite large areas English was spoken as a second language. I just happen to be white, christian, English, with a northern european cultural background, yet I was becoming a second class citizen in my own town. I will condemn outright anyone who advocates violemnce and hatred to minority groups but I do honestly feel that diversity and multi culturalism has been a disaster for England.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Originally posted by khalid6591

In addition to the regular forces bases, add in TA/RNR/RAFAux bases as well as Army/Sea/Air cadet halls. Each county in the UK should have at least one of these in their area. Failing that, try County Police HQs.

We are talking a TEOTWAWKI scenario, so who is to say that the Military and/or Police will still be alive in numbers. If a pandemic hits, it doesnt care who is affected.

I was a cadet and i can tell you that weapons are stored in walk in lockers (usually) that would be very hard to get into. Also i think if anything large scale ever happened than the government would use those bases and you wouldn't get in. If the government fell then the army guys would be in those bases quite happily.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hmm let me see walk in armoures hard to get into, is that right ? well let me think. JCB 3cx with attached rock breaker & some oxy/act cutting gear plus stilhl saw with diamond edge blade ohh about 30mins should do the job lmao..
no them dodgy chappies were .............. estate agents lmao

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

That would depend on what type of Sit X we are talking about ...... Like I said, a pandemic or some form of biological warfare and there would not be many survivors to stop you getting into these armouries.

The above poster has the right idea ...... A JCB makes a very nice 'break-in' tool ..... remember some of the ATM robberies of the past done with a JCB.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
A good crossbow would be handy..

www.crossbows4u.co.uk...#/predator/4529792269

www.crossbows4u.co.uk...#

A professional bow, air rifle etc...www.redrae.co.uk...

Or download a copy of anarchists cookbook - plenty of ideas in there

Please don't bother with the crossbows4u.co.uk website as its a blag site which is really based in California. Instead try this;

www.merlinarcherycentre.co.uk...

I bought a 150lb draw crossbow just in case the SHTF. Its also a very good sport to get into and whatsmore, there are no rules regulating crossbows!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Cheers for the warning, they even have the cheek to slag of another crossbow company from the US too on there home page.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Fists
1964 Morris Minor starting handle
Steel toecap boots
Bottle of Newcastle Brown ale
Heavy torch
Frying pan
Corkscrew
Most important: brains and self control...brains so you can use what's around in an emergency and self control so you may not have to.

And to all the gun mad....if you and I were stood facing a bunch of armed police or military,you had your gun and I had one of the above.... who would probably get their next meal through a tube (if they were lucky) and who would get 3 square meals a day?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

hmm let me see walk in armoures hard to get into, is that right ? well let me think. JCB 3cx with attached rock breaker & some oxy/act cutting gear plus stilhl saw with diamond edge blade ohh about 30mins should do the job lmao..
no them dodgy chappies were .............. estate agents lmao

You're assuming you can get a hold of all that gear of course. I was just saying it isn't easy, and it isn't unless you can get access to all of that kind of stuff. Also you'd probably have to set up a thermal lance for such work.

Wotan

I can see what you're getting at but i don't think even a well organised biological attck would destroy the majority. Our governments would lock entire cities down with curfews and not letting people come out of their houses. Unless the virus had a long incubation time and was very infectious then i think we could survive it. Take a look at bird flu. There are plans to deal with the deaths of millions of people in the UK, the plans are there and we would survive with basic governmental structure in place.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

There are plans to deal with the deaths of millions of people in the UK, the plans are there and we would survive with basic governmental structure in place.

It's about time I asked another stupid question...

What are these plans? If we knew what they had in mind for us I'd wager that is useful intel.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

There are plans to deal with the deaths of millions of people in the UK, the plans are there and we would survive with basic governmental structure in place.

It's about time I asked another stupid question...

What are these plans? If we knew what they had in mind for us I'd wager that is useful intel.

Governments have contingency plans for pretty much everything. When the bird flu scare was at it's highest they released the general plan, or at least small details of it. I seem to remember it talked of running every incinerator 24/7 to deal with the corpses even including veterinary clinics. There was also talk of mass burnings like they did with the foot and mouth outbreak a few years back.

The rest is easy to figure. People would be quarantined if exposed and if it were a severe outbreak we would no doubt be told to stay in our homes. No doubt we are not allowed to know the full plan as that would give any terrorist releasing an agent a heads up on our responses.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
look for army camps with bunkers where they store weapons and other supplies things that you can use .you and your group should be ready in any time to take over these camps

Nice idea, if you already have the weapons to take over the camp. If not, well............. I'll stay behind and supply covering fire with my catapult! I will be carrying an air-rifle and catapult for hunting, my knife will be a survival tool and I may carry a stick just in case, for anyone doubting its use please go to the dogbrothers website.

For anyone who really wants a weapon I believe weaponsgalore.com is still up and running, prepare to have your computer seriously flagged tho!! Personally I will try to avoid open warfare with the police/army, the best way to beat them is not be there. Please remember, it's only a weapon if you know how to use it. If you buy yourself the latest ninja sword but don't know which way up it goes, the only person who is going to get hurt in a fight is you!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Having served in the army overseas and in England I'll add that the armouries are often in bunkers and you'd need shaped charges to access some of them.
Along with the fact they'd be guarded in one form or another. Pre Northern Ireland Troubles security wasn't as tight but now it's near inpegnable to just waltze in and sashy weaponry out of there.

If I recall the armouries from my British Army days...
From the outside in the cellar there were a set of heavy steel doors with three mortise locks running up and down the doors along with two padlocks for a securing bar. It took a skilled soldier about a minute and a half to completely unlock those doors.
This was just to access the inner corridor which had each sub-units armoury running off it. To get inside the weapons rooms you had another steel door to pass. Another 3 locks on this one with one padlock. Another minute to get this open. Finally once actually inside where all the assault rifles (L85s and LSWs) are you've got a horizontal locking bar running through the weapons trigger guards which is padlocked, the side-arms are stored in a locked steel box.
The ammunition, contrary to what many expect, is stored SEPERATELY in the ammo bunker. Usually some way away from the armoury. Into this expect similar obstacles.

The best way to obtain military weapons is for a soldier to be heavily bribed into relinquishing his weapon via it being 'stolen' OR if he chooses to 'lose' one. He'll be charged and in trouble in front of the OC or CO of the unit for punishment. But the weapon will then be out of the armies system, although the serial number will still be on it to trace.
But we're talking about TSHTF where this won't matter, aren't we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join