It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving Religion to be....... everyones right....in under 10 seconds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, This thread and all of the others which I was aiming it at have been moved from the conspiracies in religion board to here. I hope in the future there will be a decrease in the attempts by some members to openly declare war on a particular religion or belief structure for no rational reason. I also would like to think this thread played a small part in the moderators decision as it drew attention to the problem.

Thanks and take care.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Originally posted by bsbray11
This is exactly the problem they faced when trying to formally prove every single axiom in our mathematics.

Ahrrmm...what?

The definition of axiom would be something that is taken for granted. There is no need to prove an axiom, and I didn't attempt to. This is why my 'proof' started with a line's worth of assumptions.

So....yes. The foundation of math may be based off a couple of axioms. As are most of the sciences. And theology even. There really is nothing intrinsically wrong with this. A fellow could very well ask 'what is one?', and there wouldn't be any clear cut answer, just more words that mean the same thing (unity, singularity, etc). 'One' cannot be 'proven' in any way at all...it is just a concept.

PS: Sorry if my response came out sounding curt. It was not my intention to be rude.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
the very definition of faith is to believe something is true without having proof or having proof be required.

thats blind faith.

faith is actually
a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions

faith is also a synonym for trust.

faith in god in essence is trusting in his promises.

how can you trust that someone will keep their word if you dont know them?

how can you know that person if you dont know if he's there?

blind faith is the single most damaging thing to spirituality

[edit on 23-2-2009 by miriam0566]

<< 1   >>

join