It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

peace,love and flowers man!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If anyone out there wants to experience a small piece of the 1960's,and feel REAL goodat the same time I have an idea for you.Recently my daughter and myself bought a cheap bunch of flowers and handed them out in our town centre.WOW-------people were overwhelmed by it,especially the oap's.I was a teenager in the 60's so had the great privelege of being part of the greatest decade so far.I really did'nt expect to get the same reaction with the flowers as back then.My daughter has taken a much less materialistic view of life since doing this as well.It really is the small things in life that can make a real difference.Go on try it---you know you really want to!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Nice idea!!

By the way what was really so great about the 60's? Was it stuff like this? or you sure it wasn't because you were a teenager?

I've heard people say the 80's was really great too. Mostly because that's when they were younger also in their 20's 30's.

I wonder if my generation will be telling people the 00's was the greatest time lol. Probably not? Who knows. Well it's an amazing time of technology and world chaos that's for sure.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It was a decade of HOPE.which is what is lacking nowadays.The belief that things could change and harmony and peace would be the world order to come.And it was cool to be poor which made it a real happy time.I was a hot chick at the time too!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

LOL perfect answer!

Hope is what the world craves today.

Things like what you did helps give hope! good for you!

Hot chick!? Where's my damn time machine!

I'm sure your pretty hot now too

[edit on 22-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Flattery will get you everywhere! I sure do'nt look my age and people think my daughter is my sister which is pretty cool .I put it down to always keeping that 60's mindset.Material things do'nt really interest me.They never bring happiness in the long run.As long as I can feed myself and listen to music,I'm a happy bunny.x

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Uk..I love your attitude. the 60's were before my time, but I'm all for peace and love right now.
SPREAD THE LOVE.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied
There is nothing to stop young people changing the world.You kids are the future and my advice to you would be to move away from the current brainwashing of materialism and try a much more simplistic life.I know you would be happier and FREE of many of todays trivial worries.Be happy.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That's so awesome uk today. Way to spread the love and promote connectedness with the peoples. I did something like this once. On valentines day I handed out heart shaped chocolate boxes that I got from a dollar store.

I would walk up to people I didn't know and say, even though I don't know you, I love you. Spread the love.

People would get a huge smile on their faces.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

It feels real good and costs so little-bet you got a few kisses as well with the valentines boxes! Bring back the sixties ASAP.Cheesecloth,love beads and jesus sandals HERE WE COME!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I was there for the sixties but I remember very little except the hot chicks.
I married one of them but she's gone now. Hey Moonflower, if you are out there, I still love you babe!!

[edit on 1-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hi there brother--------now I wonder why you can't remember the 60s !! Could it possibly be herbal I wonder?Or maybe you were a Beatles fan--"lucy in the sky with diamonds" was a personal fave of mine.Lolxxx

new topics

top topics

join