It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Have Been Here Since Ancient Times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Top 7 Reasons UFOs Have Existed Since Ancient Times

Here's a cool link that shows a number of facts that prove UFOs existed in ancient times, and are nothing new. I was just wondering what everyone's stand on that theory is around here? Personally, I think it's true. It was only a few hundred years ago that these events took place, and for a race as advanced as the ETs would have to be, that's nothing in terms of technology. They still easily could have the craft they do know, back then. The thing was back then, in our terms, we had no concept of flying craft whatsoever. This means when trying to explain these flashing lights in the sky, it was almost impossible. It's like you trying to explain a color you've never seen. You just can't do it.

Do you think UFOs have been here for a long time, or have they just arrived?0

Link Again

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

I like those pictures and some are intriguing. The problem with identifying aliens and UFOs in ancient pictures is we do so through our own perspective. What a paleolithic guy in a cave was trying to portray with those faces is probably other guys. Rock art is full of lunar calendars, animals, spirals, cups and other guys with spears, daggers etc. They *could* be aliens and men in spacesuits, but we can't know that.

The medieval paintings are difficult to say firmly, it was a transitional period in Art. Realism and greater sophistication was on the rise but sun and moon could still be painted in a stylistic manner. They were the artists attempt to portray the suns rays and can be found in other paintings of the period. In the subsequent Renaissance period those images of the sun were abandoned.

Still, you never know. Maybe the final painting of all those *greys* was the desperate act of a man who'd met the greys? Confused and scared, all he could do was paint face after face as he came to terms with the terrifying event

We'll never know. Good pics!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is one that always peaked my interest;

Some say that you can clearly make out a helicopter, along with other types of craft, some of which resemble flying saucers.

------------------

Also interesting are the symbols drawn by witnesses in the Roswell and Rendelsham forest cases.

Rendlesham UFO case - Suffolk UK, Dec-1980

The Roswell symbols, 1947

------------------------------

Draw your own conclusions

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Wow those pics are very interesting Majorian. The helicopter one is insane, do you think they were accessing future knowledge from some source?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
HEY

i got a pages thread up here discussing this topic and some pics ..

Here's the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hello.

www.space.com...

Is that true? That the face was just a mistake..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

The "UFO heiroglyphs" has been debunked over and over and over again. I really wish people STOPPED dragging them into the argument.

Regarding the ancient/medieval pictures, yeah they are interesting. But I think much can be explained when considering what they're actually supposed to be. Think on it. How would you paint the imfamous story of Hesekiels wheel? It would probably look like a UFO regardless. But it wouldnt actually BE a UFO as intended by the painter... Even if the story would by some amazing chance be based on a UFO abduction

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sh1fty
Wow those pics are very interesting Majorian. The helicopter one is insane, do you think they were accessing future knowledge from some source?
The helicopter picture has been doing the rounds for years and has been explained many times. A lot of guys like to imagine the Egyptians or a prior 'lost civilization' had planes, helicopters and spaceships. They are attractive ideas and make the past seem even more exotic. Egypt wasn't like Stargate. Before wondering about ancient machines ask these questions...

If the ancient Egyptians had vehicles such as helicopters, submarines, and jet airplanes, one would expect to find some evidence of this other than in a single inscription on the lintel of a single temple. This type of large machinery requires a vast amount of support (including fuel, parts, factories, etc.) but there is no trace of any such support in all of Egypt.

The Egyptian literature is also bereft of any boast, much less passing mention, of advanced aircraft. Obviously this situation doesn't seem peculiar to those who really want to believe that the ancient Egyptians flew around in airplanes.

We have no evidence, they never wrote about it, their neighbors never wrote about it and there isn't a single screwdriver or power source that's ever been found from 4-5000 years ago. Those cave paintings are very interesting all the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

The "UFO heiroglyphs" has been debunked over and over and over again. I really wish people STOPPED dragging them into the argument.

Regarding the ancient/medieval pictures, yeah they are interesting. But I think much can be explained when considering what they're actually supposed to be. Think on it. How would you paint the imfamous story of Hesekiels wheel? It would probably look like a UFO regardless. But it wouldnt actually BE a UFO as intended by the painter... Even if the story would by some amazing chance be based on a UFO abduction

Please offer some facts to back it up?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by istheosh

hey

i cant give u solid proof that anything depicted in a picture,painting,carving or any other form of art is "not from this world" . The reason i joined ATS was to discuss topics, not constantly talk to people who want proof of something that even they cant debunk . Sure there are alot of those paintings who are presenting symbols and sort. But like i told you before i got a thread going on this topic and it pretty much supported the idea of some of the pics being strange to explain...

My opinion is that most of them are not the rel deal. But i've seen paintings and other artifacts who can't be explained away by telling they are Hats(still love this one) or natural stuff. There is a huge amount of "so called" evidence that supports the idea of Aliens/UFO visiting us from the beginning of mankind.

I support the idea to look to the past to find conclusive evidence "They" where here before and never actually left.

I love to digg to the oldest stories known to man , and every single one of them seems to hold references to Aliens/Ufo's. Because of that i often wonder what was the reason mankind in different parts of the globe who where tottaly cut from each other, make up the idea to start deceiving mankind with the same ideas of ET and flying ships ?????

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
notice that most of the paintings of the extraterrestrial beings have lines or ridges on their heads. It seems odd that different artist from different time periods in different places would pant things with so much resemblance to each other.
the Madonna painting gives me chills..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Instead of writing much, here a great link:

www.crystalinks.com...

Greetings

PS: ... oh yes, they have been here for a looooooong time.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
As Kandinsky said, it's impossible to know what the people that did the drawings were thinking when they did them, so we will never know what their intention was (unless we can get a time machine and go back in time and ask them, that would clear things up
).

As for the paintings, ask anyone who has studied art and they will tell you that all styles and epochs had specific "standards" to show things, specially religious paintings.

I have posted on an older thread, maybe two or three years ago, that there are many paintings with those symbolic cues on them, and that they change with the times.

Even today we can see "symbols" of common things in paintings, like the "American eagle", for example. Maybe some 10,000 years from now people will wonder why the inhabitants of that country worshipped an eagle.

Edit: I forgot to say that the problem is that by representing all these things as UFOs from the past, the real reports of UFOs made in ancient times are ignored, and those are the ones that should really be studied.

[edit on 22/2/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by istheosh

Yes, it was.

Now you can even see it with a resolution of 29.9 cm per pixel, here.

You need a program capable of opening JPEG2000 files or you need to download IAS Viewer from this page. You can also use the Online Image Viewer, choosing the PSP_003234_2210 image from the "PSP (3000-4999) column.

You can also use Google Earth, the newest version includes Mars.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sh1fty

I am not sure if you only asked Majorian, but my answer is The Source, in case there were no aliens involved. But hey, we are also aliens. It's easy to verify ... next time you are taking a bath, try to breathe under water. You will see "ow "alien" we are to this planet.

Last but not least, there is a great man I want to quote:

"Sometimes it feels weird to understand, and that feeling can turn into discomfort, as what we really are becomes obvious and knowledge troublesome."

Greetings

PS: I quoted myself

[edit on 22-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Some say that you can clearly make out a helicopter, along with other types of craft, some of which resemble flying saucers.

It appears the "helicopter" glyph is nothing more then a palimpsest.

See slide 7/7 in the link below.

www.ufoartwork.com...

Additional info here:

members.tripod.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

One possibility for the helicopter showing up would be the theory of time travel. Maybe someone or something somehow changed the timeline by showing up back in Egypt with advanced technology that they saw. Just something to think about

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Fastwalker81, but I dug up the original picture of the carvings at Abydos;

Personally, I still see a helicopter, and other ambiguous looking craft
again, everyone should draw their own conclusion.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The "original picture"?

There is no such thing, considering that the carving is real, all pictures are just that, pictures.

And the only way of seeing it as it was would be to go to the time when the second carving was made, that second carving is not supposed to be new, that is why it is called a palimpsest.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Although the glyph looks like a helicopter, is it just the result of recarving...explained here

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join