It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone ringing and not plugged in!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hello,
I am a new member and I am trying to get some insight on a recent event that happened to me. My wife and I were seting on the couch wtching tv when the corded phone that we have as a back up when the cordless dies began to ring. the funny thing is the phone is not plugged in it is only plugged in when the cordless is dead. We both questioned if who plugged it in-neither of us had. there was no cord, outlet, cable etc near the phone. we did not answer. please help us figure out what could have happened.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hmm that sounds pretty strange indeed!

I have no idea unless this is some form of ghostly happening,

Have you had any other strange things happen in the house?

Have you lost anyone close to you recently?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The house that we live in is about 100 years old. We rent it from a family that has been in the family for the entire time. On several occasions we have seen what would appear to be a man that has been seen at the end of the hall and the passing glance of someone walking by. He has not only been see by us- my brother has also when he was caring for the animals while we were on vacaion. he described him the same as we had saw him. He has never scared us or moved objects it is if he is watching, keeping his eye on things. it has been several months since we have seen him.

Regarding if I have lost anybody my grandmother passed away a year ago last week.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well, it very well could be something paranormal, but before you jump to that conclusion, check information on the phone. Maybe it's programed to do something like that somehow. I don't know how it would be possible (probably wouldn't be), but you never know! Just make sure you cover all your bases before you come to a conclusion.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
is it just an old phone, or is it like a phone/answering machine or phone with caller id or something that might require a battery.

if so perhaps the battery was dieing and it freaked out the phone.

My phone/answering machine has a back up battery and sometimes it freaks out when the batteries die down.

Just a thought.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The phone is a rodary style. No electronics. I would have thought the same.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ask for another call. serious then pick it up an listen might be some important news.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I'm stumped.

How many times did it happen.

Were you watching tv, was it possible something going on in a show, in the background maybe?

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Have you looked at the history of the house,
And maybe who this spirit of a man you have seen is.

Trying to think why the phone would be a clue!

Could it be your grandmother? Was there any reffrence to phones with her somehow?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It only happened once. We were watching Dr. Phil. The phone is in the next room and it was the ring that this phone makes.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The house was built by the family that we rent it from. We are the first non-family that has lived here. We have told the family what we have seen and inquired if they ever had seen anything. they had not. My wife had told the next door neighbor about the sightings (she has lived next door all of her life with her family she is in her 70's) she said we described the owners grandfather Mr. Reddick.

No major connection with grandma and the phone.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hell, maybe the man really was trying to make contact. I don't know much about ghosts, because I'm not really a believer, for the most part I think ghosts are actually demons trying to trick people, why would a good soul be left behind by God on any occasion?

Perhaps you haven't seen or experienced any supernatural events from the man because he was storing up his energy to make the phone call! If it happens again in a few more months answer it!

But there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation. Although I have no idea what that might be

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Do you have any CB'ers or HAM operators nearby? A linear amplifier will do spooky things.
Raise garage doors (the ones with openers) reset bowling lanes..activate turned off remote control toys etc etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Poor old guy, maybe he didn't know the phone wasn't plugged in
"How in the world do you operate these dang things..". He finally figured out how to work it, and found your phone number, then you didn't answer! Next time it happens just tell him he can use the one that's plugged in if he wants to.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
your playing with our minds are you?? its not good to mess with paranoid people
anyways, i do believe just playin with ya
may i ask, why was your phone unplugged anyway??

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Infinite
Quoted "may i ask, why was your phone unplugged anyway??"

-reidfamily1-
Quoted "My wife and I were seting on the couch wtching tv when the corded phone that we have as a back up when the cordless dies began to ring."

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Trance]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I thnik you shouldve anwsered the phone. Just to see who it was.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Never know, mighta been a telemarketer from the other side. Man, wouldn't that suck? You make contact with the spirit world and there's a person trying to sell you insurance. Or maybe a vacation home... *dramatic chord*

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by reidfamily1

I has to have some sort of electronic parts, the power would normally come in through the cord. I would have to go with a rare "natural phenomenon" in which surges of electricity rise from the earth's core that could have been a small surge.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thats a pretty presise strike of electricity for it to be a Natural phenom. IMO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join