It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is cosat to coast a misinformation show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I believe that coast to coast is simply a hyped up conspiracy show designed to make the masses feel as if conspiracy theories are made by crazy people with loony ideas about what the world is like. I believe that coast to coast is a misinformation show because rather than informing you on conspiracy theories the show coast to coast misinforms you on them. It doesn't tell you all sides of the conspiracy theory and the George Neory doesn't ask tough questions... he seems to let the guest tell you whatever he/she wants. George does little to respond back to the guest. The guests on his show proceed on the attack to make you think something they are saying is true. This is not informing you of a conspiracy theory. I believe they are using methods of brainwashing, or, just marketing methods to get you to buy their book. They make silly facts, all, to get you to believe in the most outrageous ideas or theories. i think the reason why people do this is because they know George will let him say whatever it is that they want to say without being challenged. So I ask, is it a misinformation show? I think that it misinforms people rather than informs people on the conspiracies IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I agree that George Noory is a spineless jellyfish, and i've told him so via FAST BLAST

He doesnt care. He takes the side of the guest- One day he has pro government people who lie thru their teeth and he agrees with everything they say. The next day he has Alex Jones and he agrees with every bit Alex says.

He's two faced as hell and he needs to get a grip. Just because you run a half ars show doesnt mean that you have to lie, have no opinion, and ask dumb questions at the wrong time all the time.

Even Art Bell, who is the best of them all, is talking out of both sides of his mouth!!!!!!!!!! No opinions like before, just little comments.

And what can i say about Ian that hasnt been said before?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think George tries to stay in the middle.
The referee.
He doesn't take personal opinions on things, the show is just designed to inform people about things.
If you believe in either, its up to you.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anyone else with a radio show

has an opinion. A consistent opinion which he lacks.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that C2C has an agenda beyond listening figures and revenue. It's just bubblegum for the ears. It's fun entertainment. The callers and guests are reflective of conspiracy culture, it's full of very crazy people with wild ideas. A Watergate-type revelation is unlikely to break on C2C!

Look at ATS, some excellent intellects and some crazy people. What makes someone write a long thread on unsubstantiated tales of their alien buddies? Why do they call radio shows? Reptilians, migrating planets, aliens are masons?

I agree that C2C could at least offer a section to be taken more seriously. The website news links are often pretty good. Until then I'll keep waiting for JC Webster III. I miss that as*h**e

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Poor old george is never going to be as good as Art Bell, it's makes me laugh when poeple say coast is disinfo or mockingbird -seriously, you get a platform to air your views and all the crackpottery you want but no it's not enough, it's some form of conspiracy.

Art said that Coast was a place people could go and tell their story where no one would laugh at them, hehe ok so this isn't always the case but I heard some guy claiming to be jesus get a fair shake of the stick, which of course is part of the problem -you either have to be a skeptic with everyone or no one, george can't decided what's right and wrong -that would drive you INSANE. haha imagine if they didn't like your crazy lizardman theory or laughed at your angel visions? What if they applied occams razor to your conspiracy? logic to your theory? thermodynamics to your free energy machine? just imagine how angry you would be!

Coast is an open platform free of skeptics, as a sceptic i can accept this and quite like it -it's up to me to make up my mind, i enjoy listening to some guy claiming to be surviving air to some fortune while at the same time reading the wiki version on the story -weighing up events and hearing his side of the story can really help you understand what's happening, Coast lets people tell their story, most people with a story to tell are liers and conmen thats a simple logical truth, if you can make money with a book about your alien space war then people will do it and create a complex web of lies -learning to spot these lies is really useful in this world, plus maybe just maybe someone has something worthwhile to say.

Oh and they have really good interviews with people like Mitchio Kaku, for that i applaud them also.

So i say enjoy it for what it is, take it all with a pinch of salt and don't worry.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think i's there and exists to build a slowly growing interest in the paranormal and extraterrestrials.. so that when the SHTF in a BIG way.. and everything comes out... when these things start happening on a MASS SCALE...worldwide...
then it will be there as a media portal.. an "official" source to go to that is trusted .. and interactive.

I think the "east of the rockies" and "west of the rockies" terms for callers.. will become more of a SIGNIFIGANT connotation than you can imagine... in the near future.

and yeah.. he takes the middle ground on alot of things.. as to just be a reporter.. not an opinionated broken record.

i am more interested in the guests than the host.

nevermind the messenger.. listen to the message...
..if anything.. for entertainment.

-

[edit on 22-2-2009 by prevenge]

new topics

top topics

join