It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton urges China's continued investment in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Clinton urges China's continued investment in US

BEIJING – U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is urging China to continue investing in United States Treasury bonds and said Sunday that country's continued investment in the U.S. is a recognition that the two countries depend on each other. "I certainly do think that the Chinese government and central bank are making a smart decision by continuing to invest in Treasury bonds," she said during an interview with the popular talk show "One on One." "It's a safe investment. The United States has a well-deserved financial reputation."

In order to boost the economy, the U.S has to incur more debt, she said. "It would not be in China's interest if we were unable to get our economy moving," Clinton said. "So by continuing to support American Treasury instruments, the Chinese are recognizing our interconnection. We are truly going to rise or fall together. We are in the same boat and, thankfully, we are rowing in the same direction.

news.yahoo.com... had originally posted this in another thread thinking it was the same article..but it is not.

I certainly do think that the Chinese government and central bank are making a smart decision by continuing to invest in Treasury bonds," she said during an interview with the popular talk show "One on One." "It's a safe investment. The United States has a well-deserved financial reputation."

Lol...are you kidding me?

A safe investment? Well deserved financial reputation?

When did Hillary start smoking crack?

This has to be the most ignorant and idiotic thing I've ever heard.

We're 10's of trillions in the hole and she thinks we're a safe investment?

Yeah, I'm sure China and the rest of the world think we have a WELL DESERVED FINANCIAL REPUTATION.

Hillary...you are a dumb ass.

No wonder you were not elected president when you make ignorant statements like this.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You already replied with this same post to another thread about the same topic. The only differance is that you took a couple of their quotes and added them on to your post.

Why did you feel the need to make a new thread about a topic you knew to already exist?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It's a different article. I thought the other was the same one that I was reading but it wasn't.

I typed this in the OP

had originally posted this in another thread thinking it was the same article..but it is not.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Same story as far as I can tell.

Yea I saw you threw an edit in their after my post.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It's not the same article. Edit was for spelling. If you are so worried about it tell a mod and they can close the thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I didn't say it was the same article. I said it was the same story.

Why tell a Mod?

You know what you did and you know that I know what you did and soon more people will know you know that I know what you know you did.

new topics

top topics

join