It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do you have a local militia?

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
With the POSSIBLE financial/social meltdown that we MAY face in the coming months/years, how many of our fellow citizens are getting preparations in place?

In my neighborhood, we've formed a link of cell phone/e-mail contacts of about 60 homes to notify of any civil unrest, large or small. Some homes have weapons, some not, but all have able bodied patriots ready to defend our community. If things get bad, and the police are not able or willing to assist, are you ready?

Ask yourself what YOU would do if a group of people came to your house and demanded food and personal possessions.

In our network, we'd have at least half show up within minutes.




posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That's definetly a good idea.. I have searched, but I don't believe that there are any local groups ready to band together in an event like this. I was thinking about organizing one myself, but that would be tough to get goin.



posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
That's definetly a good idea.. I have searched, but I don't believe that there are any local groups ready to band together in an event like this. I was thinking about organizing one myself, but that would be tough to get goin.


It's not that difficult. I started by making photocopies of my proposal and spending an hour (at 2:00 am because I didn't want to be known if no one was interested!) placing the copies in mailboxes in my subdivision.

The next day, I had 15 responses in my e-mail inbox! Since then, it took a couple of weeks, but we have a pretty good network now...and YES, they now know who I am!



posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ



With the POSSIBLE financial/social meltdown that we MAY face in the coming months/years, how many of our fellow citizens are getting preparations in place?

In my neighborhood, we've formed a link of cell phone/e-mail contacts of about 60 homes to notify of any civil unrest, large or small. Some homes have weapons, some not, but all have able bodied patriots ready to defend our community. If things get bad, and the police are not able or willing to assist, are you ready?

Ask yourself what YOU would do if a group of people came to your house and demanded food and personal possessions.

In our network, we'd have at least half show up within minutes.



I like your suggestions, and especially your suggestion for people to prepare. Just don't tell anyone what you are preparing, how you are preparing, or with whom you are preparing. Especially not on this board.



posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
WOW really! so how did you word it ? I would like to do the same? any tips or advise would be helpful,thanks ,your so cool ! cheers



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I operate with myself and one other. When the SHTF we will be mobile and out of sight. Anymore people than that and it becomes a huge responsibility. Militias are usually unorganized, they don't have command structures and most of the people in them think they're role playing or something.

While I believe in the establishments of militias, I believe if you have a militia you should train to use small units of 2 and 4 people at a time and THAT's IT. You can be alot harder to pin point especially if you have structured autonomy.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by projectvxn]



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ
 


Good idea StonyJ. I guess I'll just have to move to your block then.


I don't think too many of the addicts in my neighborhood can be trusted to be called on for help. I'll have to make plans to head for the hills I guess.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ
It's not that difficult. I started by making photocopies of my proposal and spending an hour (at 2:00 am because I didn't want to be known if no one was interested!) placing the copies in mailboxes in my subdivision.


Would you post what you sent in your proposal? I like the idea and would like to see what you said that didn't make them think they had some weirdo looking to form a cult.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well, living in Ohio does have its perks. There about 10 publicly known and more or less "advertised" by being online. The most known is the Ohio Unorganized Militia, which has a few loose chapters in different counties. They have also appeared before Congress in a hearing on militias. Look up James J Johnson.

There are lots of active VFW and American Legion halls here as well. Different gun and hunting clubs. Different fraternal organizations as well.

If a situation called for it, I guess Ohio could respond with somewhere around 15-20 thousand in short order to bolster forces until more help arrived. Depending on the situation and if a loud enough call was made that number could be much larger. Because no one knows how many small, private groups are out there.

I do know that here were several militias that came close to deploying on Ruby Ridge to engage the officers. And Johnson pretty much begged them not to go.

I will state that I am not a member of any militia at this time nor in the past.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's in a Word doc at work, so I'll try to retreive it on Monday and send it to you.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Militias will not communicate by way of phone or internet they know better because Big Brother is not only watching but listening do not kid yourself. The Powers That Be will try to infiltrate Militias and pretend to be one of them and the Militias already know of those tactics.

Are there any Militias in the local areas I do not know but the Militia knows
the fire Power Of The Powers That Be. The Militia knows that The Powers That Be can turn a town or their units into dust. I hope the Militias if there are any in my area keep a cool head.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
To be honest,

The only areas that already have fully trained and armed militias at this moment are areas that harbor certain paramilitary style groups that are armed to the proverbial teeth and refuse to give up their right to have the arms, etc. Other groups already armed would include certain paramilitary style white supremacist groups, which might tie right in with the gun rights advocates, IFFFF you know what I mean, heheh.

No one else already have any kind of real independant militia going right now, they wouldn't form until AFTER Shhh***T hits the fan. Many of the groups that would form would be criminal minded, and would raid and pillage all they could by force, Mad Mad / Fist of the Northstar (Hokuto No Ken) style. Then you'd have neighborhood militias of a few neighbors and their sons of gun using age. Then you'd have even bigger groups that would be backed by elements of the local state government, and possible state military / police assets, depending on what the situation was exactly. This backing will allow them to be seen by the people as the 'legitimate' protectors and enforcers of whatever god-forsaken law we'd have at that point in time.

It would kind of be like warlords in Africa almost. You'd have a majorly big continent, which is checkerboard split into 50 states, and different states have different ethnic populations, different cultural practices, different leanings when it came to left or right wing politics and governing, and plenty of independant armed groups. Some would support certain community leaders, or even former major politicians or even the former president himself -- i mean the acting president at the time. It'd be just like Africa.

Sound fun? not really. I normally don't like the fact that I live near many major military bases of all branches, as well as CIA and FBI and other agencies which have major offices near here. The CIA headquarters is within an hour or two drive from my house. So naturally I never liked the notion of this, thinking they'd test any new 'ultra-black-secret' projects on the nearest population, people like me, to have closest access to the affected group for studying etc. But now that things are starting to become just a wee bit unstable when it comes to the strength of our Union, the USA, I'm almost glad I live in this area, because at the least, I wouldn't have to fight and kill or be killed just to eat. We locals would probably get rounded up into labor camps for the local military, and in exchange we'd get shelter, safety, food and drinks, and medical care. In such a situation, I bet you over 90% of the people would accept that willingly.

So when the SHTF, if I dont get an early warning and am not able to bug out, I guess I could always become a laborer.. lol. Hey, i'll be able to sleep in safety with food in my tummy guaranteed each night. You'd be out there scavenging, robbing and, if you were hungry enough, possibly killing just to eat. It's sad but .. I must say they have me by the balls.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ
 


You will not be able to defend your neighborhood with a few households of willing citizens. You will have to take flight and reorganize at some other location. You see, when they come they will know the area, the landscape, who the people are in any given area or neighborhood, and they will act accordingly. You must take them out of their element, to some area that they may not be so familiar with. This way you may have a chance (with all the help that you have) to survive, and that is exactly what you will be trying to do. You are on the right track though and that is to be prepared with all the supplies (and weapons) that you can gather or carry. Keep up the good work and let us know of any tips that you come up with that may help the rest of us..Hope this helps you out because that's what this will become, is helping each other...sabre11004....



Do the right thing every time and you will be appreciated by some but astonished by many...Benjamin Franklin...



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabre11004
reply to post by StonyJ
 


You will not be able to defend your neighborhood with a few households of willing citizens. You will have to take flight and reorganize at some other location. You see, when they come they will know the area, the landscape, who the people are in any given area or neighborhood, and they will act accordingly. You must take them out of their element, to some area that they may not be so familiar with. This way you may have a chance (with all the help that you have) to survive, and that is exactly what you will be trying to do. You are on the right track though and that is to be prepared with all the supplies (and weapons) that you can gather or carry. Keep up the good work and let us know of any tips that you come up with that may help the rest of us..Hope this helps you out because that's what this will become, is helping each other...sabre11004....



Do the right thing every time and you will be appreciated by some but astonished by many...Benjamin Franklin...


Thanks for the words of support, Sabre.

I live in a semi-rural area about 45 miles N of Chicago. I'm hoping to defend our local neighborhood against "wanderering" groups, not necessarily a government sponsored initiative. Against THAT threat, I have no idea what to do.

Maybe that will be the first wave, the neighboring locals. At least that's what I think. And, obviously, that's the first contingency I feel we are ready for. Raiding parties of 2-6 members sent out to scavenge can be handles fairly effectively with 20-40 opposing members within 5 minutes. I know it's a small step, but it IS a first step.

Again, this may never be necessary. We have been meeting every month for 30 minutes and confirming all contact information. We also have voluntarily acknowledged what physical armaments we all possess. Privacy has been assured to all our members and only I, as the organizer, know what everyone has claimed. I think this is vital, to maintain a "chain of command" and a route of responsibility. 18 of the 61 households are headed by veterans who have a sense of command structure, as do I.



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just be careful you dont get accused of forming some kind of fanatical cult or terrorist cell, lol

Although I dont believe in the NWO, having "friends" back you up when the proverbial poo hits the fan is probably a good idea



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Just be careful you dont get accused of forming some kind of fanatical cult or terrorist cell, lol

Although I dont believe in the NWO, having "friends" back you up when the proverbial poo hits the fan is probably a good idea


I still have friends in the US Government and have run our organization past them. All have said that it is perfectly legal. Second Amendment rights are being excercised.

All of us are hard working middle class Americans, no associations with fringe groups, and no outstanding warrants (I checked!).



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I live in North east of England, guns and samuri swords are illegal in the united kingdom, so, what do you purpose i do if it comes to that effect?



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ
 


Its in a word doc at work!!!! yeh right course it is!!! granted a good idea but i dont believe your for one minute!! how convenient its at work, you have email access now hence being online and as yoru clearly not at work then you will have emails replying and quoting the "letter" as i am sure you would not be silly enough to use your work email!! if you cant be arsed scanning and copying just say so but if u want me to believe you then i am sorry but if your clever enough to come up with that idea then you would of had a copy on flash disk/usb for your home computer to print out more!! i study psychology and your response is a classic BS response. saying its on a word doc at work - errrm yeh pretty obvious it is likely to be on a word doc and home pc's are 99% likely to have word on them and i am sure if true you would of kept a copy at home or even created such a letter at home. perhaps why you got no s&f and are getting slated on your other topic posts!! im assuming you needed the weekend to come up with something to show in your posts so its a classic smoke screen to me!! and yeh i could be wrong but frankly i dont think i am !!!!! stop telling porky pies!!!



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Ashe 30UK
reply to post by StonyJ
 


Its in a word doc at work!!!! yeh right course it is!!! granted a good idea but i dont believe your for one minute!! how convenient its at work, you have email access now hence being online and as yoru clearly not at work then you will have emails replying and quoting the "letter" as i am sure you would not be silly enough to use your work email!! if you cant be arsed scanning and copying just say so but if u want me to believe you then i am sorry but if your clever enough to come up with that idea then you would of had a copy on flash disk/usb for your home computer to print out more!! i study psychology and your response is a classic BS response. saying its on a word doc at work - errrm yeh pretty obvious it is likely to be on a word doc and home pc's are 99% likely to have word on them and i am sure if true you would of kept a copy at home or even created such a letter at home. perhaps why you got no s&f and are getting slated on your other topic posts!! im assuming you needed the weekend to come up with something to show in your posts so its a classic smoke screen to me!! and yeh i could be wrong but frankly i dont think i am !!!!! stop telling porky pies!!!


What is THAT attack all about?????

I have it at work on the PC because they have a copier at work!!!!

Smoke screen? I'm a 46 year old American and proud US Navy Submarine veteran....why would I have to come up with a "false" story? Your "study of psychology" has no relevance here. Perhaps you should study the English language, punctuation, grammar and manners instead.

Stars and flags being the goal? Sorry to disappoint, but helping my fellow Americans is a far more important goal.

Stop posting retarded attacks. It minimizes your credibility.

[edit on 2/22/09 by StonyJ]



posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
I live in North east of England, guns and samuri swords are illegal in the united kingdom, so, what do you purpose i do if it comes to that effect?


Since I have no idea what the culture is in your country, I have no proposals for you. Here in America, we are allowed to have weapons for exactly the reason that current political/social events might dictate.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join