It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo Alert!! "There is no violence in Mexico." Yeah, right!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I feel like I need to bring this up.

Since the thread about Texas Declaring Sovereignity and the Texas NG on Alert I've noticed a sudden influx of posters trying to downplay the drug-related violence in Mexico, even some insisting that it isn't happening at all.

I would like to point out, this is not true.

As a resident of the area, even near the Oklahoma border, the violence is real and it is increasing. I'm sure there are others that can back me up o n this.

I suspect it is a concerted effort of some kind.

Please do not fall for this disinformation. Thank you.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can back a fellow ATS member up on this one people.

I have an IT firm in southern Texas who have reported fears of not wanting to travel into Mexico or anywhere near the boarder because of the gun fire and explosions heard on a daily basis.

Mexico is in unrest folks, I don' know why it's so hard to understand, these people struggle enough without everything that is going on right now, what did you think would happen?

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well just the same as some people would like to downplay the seriousness of it.
Others are trying to hype it up and turn it into something its not.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Well just the same as some people would like to downplay the seriousness of it.
Others are trying to hype it up and turn it into something its not.

Understood, it's not an all out war and it has been going on for some time.

But people are insisting it isn't happening or isn't spilling into the USA. That is simply untrue.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I had a girlfriend send me an email earlier that she is headed back to Indiana first thing in the morning. She lives close to there and is very nervous about staying. She talked to her mom and is taking an extended vacation up here unless things calm down soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
That was the point I was trying to make.. this has been going on for a long time, not that it wasn't happening.

I have noticed a lot more Federal and Military movement in Hermosillo which is a few hours from the Arizona border, both in the sky and on the ground.. no violence as of yet, but clearly the Government of Sonora is taking it up a notch at the moment, due to the violence over the past 4-5 days.

A war on drugs needs to be just that.. war, shoot on sight.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes I noticed also that what you are talking about, I just had to post on one of them because it was ridiculous.

Thanks for bringing some links back.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes I noticed also that what you are talking about, I just had to post on one of them because it was ridiculous.

Thanks for bringing some links back.

No problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
My biggest question is out of all those people killed last year in Mexico because of this drug violence, How many were actually involved in the drug business?

Many government officials in Mexico have been corrupt for a long time. Many of those that have been killed could have been because they were about to expose what they were previously a part of.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Jam321, occurs is a problem with corruption that is why the drug cartels keep the hold in their line of business.

But when the problem spills in the US soil and we have drug wars and people dying in our side, then it becomes a problem for the US.

But we know that the federal government will not do a darn thing, so I truly expect the states with the border problem to take matters into their hands.

Hell I expect Americans defending their side of the fence with anything they have.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree the political base in Mexico is corrupt by nature at this point I believe. But IMO drugs would end up being in the equation at some point.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There is corruption in the police and military here because of their pay more than anything/ IMO.. the military pay here is so low, soldiers HAVE to take bribes to feed/protect their families.

I won't even begin to touch on the pay grade of local/state/federal police.. pitiful..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

But when the problem spills in the US soil and we have drug wars and people dying in our side, then it becomes a problem for the US.

Marg, I agree with a lot of what you say. However, how does the border problem differ than what is happening on our streets on a daily basis? People are dying on our side because of drug wars and Americans gangs are the ones doing the killing. The border should be secure but not just the Southern Border.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Jam321, the Irony, remember when before the war on terror it was a war on drugs.

Can you imagine if our nations economy collapse completely? the death in the streets from the drugs runs we have now will be nothing compare to what the streets in this nation will become after chaos sets in.

All that money diverted to the war on drugs and the problem never went away.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Mostly because the war on drugs has provided nothing but more drugs.

Whenever you illegalize any substance you create a black market demand for it. Black market demands go hand in hand with violence and chaos.

The whole war on drugs in itself is innefective and does nothing but put people in jail. and our jails only provide the environment for creating stronger and faster criminals, instead of reform.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have no doubt it's real. I was just on a trip two weeks ago and to dodge the storm on I-40 going east, I jumped down on I-10. Not good just going down the interstate.
I seen so many people getting cars search, being hauled away, and groups walking down the pecan tree groves heading north, about 30.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The war on drugs is a joke and always has been. All it did was made certain people rich. US really need to come up with an alternative.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The whole war on drugs in itself is innefective and does nothing but put people in jail. and our jails only provide the environment for creating stronger and faster criminals, instead of reform.

Sad thing is many of these could have become productive citizens in due time if they had not been sent to jail. Just look at our last three Presidents for examples of that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Let's stay on topic if I can play mini-mod for a second.

I want this thread to be a sounding board for people who have seen the problems to testify, there are ongoing threads for the specifics of the WoD and WoT.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We in the U.S. had close to 17000 in 2008 and people are concerned that the crime rate in Mexico is a threat to us?.... I think maybe we should focus on why our crime rate has steadily climbed at such an accelerated rate since the 1980s.... Hmmmm.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join