It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants to halve budget deficit in four years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Now someone will have to explain how you can reduce the obscene US budget deficit by half in a mere 4 years, while going even deeper in it with stimulus package(s) ?

Which defense projects will have to be canceled? (V-22, JSF, others, ?)

Source (edited):

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 21-2-2009 by PopeyeFAFL]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by PopeyeFAFL]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
um cancel no defense... just cancel the attack... we dont need to be over there. so we just need to retreat, come home, and fix our economy instead of ruining others as well as ours

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PopeyeFAFL

Your link brings up an error page. I couldn't find the story either. I did hear about it today in passing. Didn't hear any details though. I can't imagine how he thinks he's going to accomplish this feat. It sounds good, but I believe it's wishful thinking on his part.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
He's going to return taxes on Paris Hilton to pre-Bush rates and wind down the search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

That's a trillion to the good.

Any other thoughts?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by horton

I suggest you watch IOUSA. The occupations of those countries is only a minuscule percentage. It will not change the deficit enough to even matter. IOUSA did not include the bailouts or the new stimulus plan either. Those two recent events make Obama's goal to reduce the deficit by half in four years to be a laughing matter of astronomical proportions.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We are going to see massive military cuts. There really isn't another choice anyway. The Joint Chiefs will have to submit a budget soon that is far less than what they are used to working with.

Taxes will go up immensely on many things. Including firearms, food and fuel. You know, the three things Americans needs to continue to be Americans.

But they won't cut certain things..Like anyway they have to watch you, any way they have to restrict you, and anyway to fleece you.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Taxes will go up immensely on many things. Including firearms, food and fuel. You know, the three things Americans needs to continue to be Americans.

That's hilarious. Was that irony or idiocy?

Right. I need to start a militia out the back of my Hummer full of Sam's bulk food to be a REAL AMERICAN. ALL MADE IN CHINA!

You. Are. Priceless.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'll let you guess.

Fact is food is going up in price everywhere we go. We have seen in the January CPI report that consumer prices went up a little in January. Could that be directly related to our ridiculous and irresponsible monetary expansion? I'd say so.

And that was a joke..But fire arms taxes will go up even higher than the ridiculous taxes paid on them now. Fuel will see a spike in price as inflation in this country goes up..You ever wonder why the price of gas is not consistent with the drop in Brent Crude? World wide demand is down and yet our prices are still high?

Sounds like price rigging to me. Trying to hide the fact that inflation is just around the corner.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'll let you guess.

I'm guessing you got busted being ridiculous.

Any thoughts on the actual topic?

I'll play the fiscally responsible Republican now.

Obama wants to balance the budget?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

We are going to see massive military cuts...

Do you think, it will be in not yet deployed weapons system, like the JSF or that it could even cut the Osprey V-22 (even if it is officially out in service)?

Or just the overall size of the military.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I for one commend the president for at least addressing the issue. It may in fact be impossible considering all the other expenditures, however, I have take him at his word. If he is making it a priority then I support him.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DagNabbit

I'll let you guess.

I'm guessing you got busted being ridiculous.

Any thoughts on the actual topic?

I'll play the fiscally responsible Republican now.

Obama wants to balance the budget?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

its a footlong double d any way you bring it/\.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Could you please elaborate on your ref. to firearms tax. I believe the only tax I paid on weapons was a sales tax.
I think the people that believe Obama has a clue are the same people that swallowed the hype about a Clinton surplus.
Some would have us believe that the average American has brought this crisis upon themselves. Living beyond their means and the purchase of homes they could ill afford.
I view these explanations as childish hogwash.
Our economic problems will never be resolved until the organization responsible for our countries financial health is dealt with. A few will roll their eyes, but the blame must be placed at the feet of the Federal Reserve Bank and our alleged representative Congress whores who have relinquished their Constitutional responsibility. Unless Obama is willing to dump this criminal enterprise he is simply dancing around the political maypole. Any attempt at a solution is utter BS if the FRB remains in control of our economic policy. My additional two cents is, if you voted for ANY incumbent you are a huge part of the problem. On that note, I believe I'll put another Glock and M1A
on my Master Card.

top topics

join