It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ... from Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Not much to say really... I have joined this forum out of an interest in the subjects discussed here. I am a recent college graduate from Ireland currently working in a crappy job. That's about it... for now

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stannis

Stannis...a friendly welcome from the US.

I'm curious to know after Ireland has been able to be quite proud of their emerging-economy over the past decade, how things have turned-out recently?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
reply to post by stannis

Stannis...a friendly welcome from the US.

I'm curious to know after Ireland has been able to be quite proud of their emerging-economy over the past decade, how things have turned-out recently?

Thank you.

In the last year the economy here has crashed. Things are bad and getting worse. We have gone from a situation of long-term boom and low unemployment to spiralling debt levels, severe budget cuts and lengthening dole queues. It could be years before the economy recovers.

I imagine that things are similarly bad in the US? Especially after massive bailouts that will further indebt the treasury, maybe to breaking point? I guess it's "damned if you do and damned if you don't"; inaction could be as bad as a huge bailout, but I suspect that the US government has taken the wrong action.

Sorry to sound so gloomy, but these are gloomy times

[edit on 21/2/2009 by stannis]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey Stannis, welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Cheers, I hope to learn a lot from membership. The ATS kind of forum was something I used to avoid before but my natural curiosity has brought me here.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Stannis

Good to meet a fellow Irishman

I'm interested in knowing what part of Ireland you're from. As for me, I'm from Tyrone and am actually in college in Belfast myself at the moment.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey stannis, welcome to ATS,

Don't forget to pick up your foil pack and coupon booklet once you've been decontaminated.

Peace

This is a partially manually semi-automated message.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'm interested in knowing what part of Ireland you're from. As for me, I'm from Tyrone and am actually in college in Belfast myself at the moment.

I'm from the far end of the country to you - Cork.

Don't forget to pick up your foil pack and coupon booklet once you've been decontaminated.

Done and done.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by stannis]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
greetings from dublin

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hello Ronin, good to see all parts of Ireland represented on the forum.

new topics

top topics

join