It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Poll: Obama More Popular Than Jesus, Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.

www.foxnews.com

Obama topped a new Harris interactive poll that asked 2,634 Americans who they admire enough to call a hero.

Jesus came in second on a list that includes God, Mahtma Gandhi and George Washington.

Other historic or notable figures making the top 10 were Martin Luther King Jr., Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, U.S. Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger and Mother Teresa.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Amidst some critical decisions that President Obama has already made to help "solve" this economic apocalypse, he still managed to outrank Jesus.

I can't deny, I'm actually kinda stunned by this. We keep hearing critics of the President say that the electorate and media is just enamored by Obama, but apparently they truly are.

Unlike many though, I do not believe President Iowa to be the anti-christ. He will likely make some increasingly-controversial decisions, many of which will disenfranchise many Americans and strip away at our Constitutional rights. While this sounds awful and quite "anti-Christ-like," the AC is to be well-liked and revered by virtually everybody. Obama was too divisive from the get-go.

Regardless, he ranks higher than Jesus.

Amazing.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, considering he's the only one of them who isn't dead, I'd say his advantage is obvious.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

LOL...excellent point!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actions speak louder than words. When people start singing as they're being burned at the stake for their belief and faith in Obama, then I'll believe that he's really more popular than Jesus. Until then he's just another "American idol".

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And not being a fictional character

*wink*

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So they polled 2,634 idiots?
What an absurd poll.......I am disgusted.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

And not being a fictional character

*wink*

I can tell you and I would have similar views on life!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I was about to post the same things, he's alive and he's real. How did McCain make the list?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

I would assume McCain and the pilot are time-relevant choices. Two years from now, most Americans won't even remember the pilots name.

Sully?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yea , they should have asked something like. Who would you rather spend an hour with, Barack or your favorite rock star/ celebrity. I like Mr. Obama but I'd rather spend an hour with Bob Dylan.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i have only one thing to say about this. insanity rules the day.

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.

I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

-- Barack Obama

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Unlike many though, I do not believe President Iowa to be the anti-christ. He will likely make some increasingly-controversial decisions, many of which will disenfranchise many Americans and strip away at our Constitutional rights.
www.foxnews.com

The thing to watch for here is to see if people will start to applause him for these actions over the next 4 years. And if not then he's not. Its like the quote from star wars "So this is how democracy falls, with thunderous applause."

My opinion is these times are very different from anything this country has experienced. To my knowlegde only one president has been able to pull the US out of financial crisis by putting money into the economy which in turn pulled the US out of the great depression.

If i were to answer that poll i think i would have picked mother Teresa. There are a lot of Obama's but very few Teresa's

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For a while, I would have believed it.

I posted in another thread, awhile back, that Mr. Obama may be "The Messiah" because of his ability to raise politicians from the dead. Namely Tom Daschle.

But I have been proved wrong as "Puffy Daddy" did not pay his taxes and was returned to his grave in South Dakota. So much for that miracle.

Taking the above into consideration, I'd have to place God, Jesus, and George Washington ahead of Mr. Obama. God and Jesus have the market on life and death, and I must also place George Washington above BO because he raised the American Revolution Army from near death at Valley Forge and conquering the British Army enabling the establishment of the United States of America.

I think Mr. Obama has a way to go before he's even considered for placement in a poll with God, Jesus, Ghandi, and George Washington.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hmmmm, yes, I suppose everyone who has prayed to Jesus to keep them solvent would give Obama better odds at the moment. Oh, well, I was alive to hear John Lennon be taken out of context for declaring that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus , so, this, too, shall pass.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

I think Mr. Obama has a way to go before he's even considered for placement in a poll with God, Jesus, Ghandi, and George Washington.

I would certainly think so also.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Just FYI, Snopes

I think Obama topped the list because most people have the foresight of a mosquito. Whoever is popular that day makes number one. Jesus is probably the one that's on the list year after year.

He's not my hero, but I'd love to have dinner with him and his family.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I have a high opinion of Mr. Obama, and think he could someday rival Washgton, Lincoln and FDR as a great president. Even now he is strongly reminiscent of JFK and RFK.

I am surprised, however, to find him rated above Jesus, but I suspect Christ will quickly return to first place. Even Obama can't equal the Son of God.

Obama has already done great things for African Americans and for civil rights for all, but I'm not sure he stands shoulder to to shoulder with M.L. King, at least not yet.

He is a very spiritual man but I don't think he can really compare with Gandhi or Mother Teresa. Thst is comparing a president and Commander in Chief with major religious icons, which is like comparing apples to oranges.

I suspect in a year or so his approval ratings will fluctuate, and he may not stay at the top of the list for many Americans. I fully expect he will achieve a remarkably succsseful administration, but I am not ready to see him as a candidate for sainthood or even the best president in history. He does, however, have great potential to achieve almost anything he puts his mind to.

new topics

top topics

join