It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umm what ever happened to Saddam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega

im not attacking republicans, seekerof, so I am not sure why you are erecting such a defense. im just trying to state that the man they have in custody is not Saddam Hussein. Really, that's it. they way they caught him and how quickly it happened are also two important parts of this story that aren't given much consideration on an official level.

It took several months to get Saddam. I would not call that "quickly."

As far as his two sons? No one has heard a peep out of them since they were allegedly killed.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

AO....

im not attacking republicans, seekerof, so I am not sure why you are erecting such a defense...

I am not attacking anti-Bush, anti-war, Democrats, Independents, nor you, but merely debating that the 'man' has been identified, by DNA testing and that with his subsequent diagnosis of cancer, that it is certain that blood testing also confirmed him.
I don't recall making this a "political" debate, and my "defense" is given above, as it is on myriads of existing threads dealing with this very subject.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

AO....

im not attacking republicans, seekerof, so I am not sure why you are erecting such a defense...

I am not attacking anti-Bush, anti-war, Democrats, Independents, nor you, but merely debating that the 'man' has been identified, by DNA testing and that with his subsequent diagnosis of cancer, that it is certain that blood testing also confirmed him.
I don't recall making this a "political" debate, and my "defense" is given above, as it is on myriads of existing threads dealing with this very subject.

seekerof

You're right, and I apologize for seeming to attempt to do such a thing. I didn't mean to do that, in all honesty, nor was I trying to solicit anything of the sort. I was just trying to see why you felt so strongly about that person being Saddam. With my previous response, I wanted to identify the source of your orientation on this matter, that's all. I wasn't trying to spark political debate, nor was I trying to incite you or anything like that. I didn't take your responses as attacks, but I can see how you may have thought that I had felt that way by my poor choice of words.

In all honesty, just as you are probably hoping to change my mind about that man in custody, I was trying to get you to think about the possibility that the person they have captured was not Saddam. Really, that's all I was trying to do, and I am sorry if I came across in another way.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

im not attacking republicans, seekerof, so I am not sure why you are erecting such a defense. im just trying to state that the man they have in custody is not Saddam Hussein. Really, that's it. they way they caught him and how quickly it happened are also two important parts of this story that aren't given much consideration on an official level.

It took several months to get Saddam. I would not call that "quickly."

As far as his two sons? No one has heard a peep out of them since they were allegedly killed.

By quickly, I do not mean the overall amount of time between the initiation of the Coalition's invasion and the actual capture. I meant how they caught him without much of a fight and how he was hiding in some kind of underground and shabbily put-together hole. Also, the idea that he was still hiding in that same country after so much time after the start of the invasion is relatively improbable considering the usual tactics of leaders of nations during wartime.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There is no need to apologize AO, you have just as much right to say and think what you do as I....never be sorry for that...unless of course it is contrary to ATS rules and guidelines.

Don't worry about it...I have been hammered since almost day one for my beliefs and opinions, I certainly did not take what you said wrong and meant no disrespect or ill to you.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I saw the man that was captured, and i bet it is Saddam. As to why is it that we haven't heard from him? simply, he hasn't finished singing.

To the person that says that it is all a game because of some handshake that was done in 83.... Sorry, I don't buy that. In the history of a nation, and in war or peace, alliances can change. You cannot know for sure how a person is going to behave, or if they are going to betray you or be your best friend and ally, until that person does betray you., or until years pass by and the person shows to be a true ally/friend.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

By quickly, I do not mean the overall amount of time between the initiation of the Coalition's invasion and the actual capture. I meant how they caught him without much of a fight and how he was hiding in some kind of underground and shabbily put-together hole. Also, the idea that he was still hiding in that same country after so much time after the start of the invasion is relatively improbable considering the usual tactics of leaders of nations during wartime.

Saddam was one who had other's do his dirty work for 25 years.....he is a meglomaniac....talk to anyone who has spent time in Iraq, You can't drive a mile with out seeing a mural or statue of Saddam....history has shown that people with those kinds of egos usually suffer a humilating defeat...Why would it be a surprise that Saddam would be hiding locally? Perhaps the coalition actually did it's job well and prevented Saddam from leaving?

(and I say this as an American independent voter, and NO fan of the Bush family)

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I saw the man that was captured, and i bet it is Saddam. As to why is it that we haven't heard from him? simply, he hasn't finished singing.

To the person that says that it is all a game because of some handshake that was done in 83.... Sorry, I don't buy that. In the history of a nation, and in war or peace, alliances can change. You cannot know for sure how a person is going to behave, or if they are going to betray you or be your best friend and ally, until that person does betray you., or until years pass by and the person shows to be a true ally/friend.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Muaddib]

I agree, in 83 saddam had no idea the USA would betray him

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join