It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umm what ever happened to Saddam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Come on, I mean when was the last time we heard anything about him, its like he has disappeared from the radar, no one cares anymore is this what it will be like if they catch OBL??

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
he's been shuttled away from prying eyes for interrogation.

He Lawyered up though, how the hell did that happen?

Won't hear anything until he squeals something juicy enough for the press but won't mess up any on going operations.

Or when he "passes in his sleep". We should hear about that, before the trial.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm sure if he actually had hidden any WMDs, he would have spilled the beans by now. I doubt they're threatening him with no dessert. Although he is pretty high profile as evil madmen go, so I guess they can't really be slicing fingers off with garden shears.

But if he was hiding in a frickin hole in the ground, I'm thinking that he's not going to suddenly get all tough and refuse to answer anything. I think he's singing like a songbird.

I also think they already know pretty much what he knows. From before the invasion. Let's be realistic, he wasn't sitting around in a Dr. Evil style underground complex organizing nefarious plots and hatching horrible schemes, cackling all day.

If it really was all about nailing him, they would have organized some kind of kangaroo court for the public by now.

Maybe he'll be paraded out in a chicken suit or something for Bush's re-election campaign if Kerry seems to be winning.

hehe

jako

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
Come on, I mean when was the last time we heard anything about him, its like he has disappeared from the radar, no one cares anymore is this what it will be like if they catch OBL??
Well, I haven't heard anything either, lately. It seems like it won't even matter either if they catch OBL because he will "disappear", too.

Perhaps Saddam is smoking a cigar right now with G. W. Bush at Camp David.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Perhaps Saddam is smoking a cigar right now with G. W. Bush at Camp David.

That's the most probable thing I have heard since his capture. And the most likely considering the evidence of Saddams circle.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
He's on a tropical island somewhere with his two sons, Noriega and that dead rapper, what's-his-name

Seriously, he's at some secluded resort with OBL.

You know, the way you only hear about ANY story for a few days, it's probably just he's not front page anymore.
The media almost never tells you what happened to any story.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Gosh no.

He knows too much about the dirty crooked goings on, and must NEVER be allowed his day in open court. The truth might come out about all those biological weapons that were supplied to him by the US during the Iran Iraq war, about secret arms deals, CIA plotting, and all the other crap.

America is no longer the land of truth and justice, thats for sure. If the Arabs catch someone they are terrorist thugs holding hostages. If the US catches someone they are war criminals and must be held and tortured in secrecy without legal representation or trial.

It is a sick world.

Expect to hear Saddam has either committed suicide or has had a fatal stroke or heart attack in his cell. He must never be allowed to speak out publicly about what he knows about the American administration. The American public could never handle the truth in an election year.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Perhaps that "worthful" piece of human skin is already dead and the US found and then planted one of Saddam's best body doubles so as to inact the 'capture'? The current Saddam is being held either in a undisclosed location or in Doha, Qatar.

After reading much of what was said here, I almost sure that it won't be long before Elvis 'sightings' will take a backseat to Saddam 'sightings'.

Edited for the sake of specialasianX

seekerof

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid

I hear Saddam is doing alot of reading now....

He is sitting in a comfortable little cell getting older as we speak.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Now i'm not defending Saddam, but...

1: He's no madman, evil maybe, but he;s a smart guy who knew exactly what he was doing... in fact calling him mad/crazy indicates he isnt responsible for his actions and will be found innocent on insanity or something...

2: Calling him worthless isnt justified... he's managed to achieve more in his life than any of you guys probably ever will... and he was worht $25million... once again more than anyone here is worth...

Once again i'm not saying i like him but if your going to pay out on him at least make fun of his looks or something coz that would be justified

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Now i'm not defending Saddam, but...

2: Calling him worthless isnt justified... he's managed to achieve more in his life than any of you guys probably ever will... and he was worht $25million... once again more than anyone here is worth...

Saddam was worth alot more than $25 million. Try several billion.
Saddam is shrewd and a survivor, there is no doubting that.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I still have my doubts that the man they claim to have in custody was indeed Saddam Hussein:

1. No fingerprint testing has been done. DNA testing, maybe, but no fingerprint verification with the records on one of his massive statues and in Germany

2. That handshake picture says the rest. Saddam Hussein is part of a major secret society, for one thing, has done business with questionable political elements in the West, and if you compare pictures of the captured "Saddam" with the real Saddam Hussein, you will see that they are not one and the same.

3. And please, he was found hiding in some unprotected underground bunker? Can you say political tactic?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
DNA testing was done and confirmed.
Interesting that you mention fingerprinting AO. Are you implying that fingerprinting is more accurate than DNA?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
I still have my doubts that the man they claim to have in custody was indeed Saddam Hussein:

2. That handshake picture says the rest. Saddam Hussein is part of a major secret society, for one thing, has done business with questionable political elements in the West, and if you compare pictures of the captured "Saddam" with the real Saddam Hussein, you will see that they are not one and the same.
Can you say political tactic?
Sometimes I think that all these political "leaders" all around the world are in a league of their own, above the citizenry of each country. There just seems to be too much deals and trading between these people in the Governments worldwide to consider them "enemies" against each other, more like business partners vying for power, with each respective "leader" deceiving their citizens.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
DNA testing was done and confirmed.
Interesting that you mention fingerprinting AO. Are you implying that fingerprinting is more accurate than DNA?

seekerof

No, but I am implying that the DNA test may have been rigged and that further proof would validate his identity.

Two forms of ID are always better than one, correct?

So, DNA in addition to fingerprint testing and comparison to the prints on file would pretty much confirm without a doubt whether or not this guy is Hussein, himself

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
AO...dental records, maybe?
His recent cancer diagnosis, maybe?
Birth marks?
Blood testing, which would have been done in confirming his diagnosis of cancer?

I will agree with the two id method is better than one, but there are other means of verification other than fingerprinting.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

AO...dental records, maybe?
His recent cancer diagnosis, maybe?
Birth marks?
Blood testing, which would have been done in confirming his diagnosis of cancer?

I will agree with the two id method is better than one, but there are other means of verification other than fingerprinting.

seekerof

What are you getting at here? Even if the above-listed items were conducted, the results could have been forged or otherwise compromised to match a "favorable" outcome. I remain defiant on this position because firstly, dental record checks have not been performed (and are not very easy to forge to begin with). Birthmarks can be surgically placed, and the frame of reference (saddam's actual naked body) is not available for comparison. Blood testing could have only show a limited amount of data, and one of the more identifiable aspects of such a test are not so capable of being unique to one person (IE Blood type, reactive lymphocyte counts, calc. globulin, lipid panel, etc).

Again; until I see some fingerprinting done, and I am willing to be that I will never see such a complete report that compares the original records with the newly tested specimen, I will never buy the idea that Hussein was captured

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Saddam is being programmed and conditioned for his trial whenever that happens a few years from now. He will be an old bumbling man unable to answer any question intelligently..just the way we want it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As such AO, I am still not convinced that fingerprinting is more accurate as DNA testing. You have asserted that DNA testing can be rigged. You are aware that fingerprinting can also be 'rigged'?

As such, DNA confirmed that the captured Saddam was Saddam. Here's a thought though, maybe we can get someone from the international community to come in and give him a second DNA test to confirm what the US is saying?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

As such AO, I am still not convinced that fingerprinting is more accurate as DNA testing. You have asserted that DNA testing can be rigged. You are aware that fingerprinting can also be 'rigged'?

As such, DNA confirmed that the captured Saddam was Saddam. Here's a thought though, maybe we can get someone from the international community to come in and give him a second DNA test to confirm what the US is saying?

seekerof

I'm not saying fingerprinting is more accurate than a DNA test. I am aware that a fingerprint test can be rigged, but considering the idea that there are more records of Saddam's fingerprints... a comparison with those records, as I have said many times already, would be necessary for complete identification.

Furthermore, the fact that the US used dental records to ID the dead bodies of Uday and Qusa but didn't perform the same test on Saddam can be used to reinforce my position.

A second DNA test from the international community would be encouraged by me, in conjunction with a similarly compared international fingerprent test.

im not attacking republicans, seekerof, so I am not sure why you are erecting such a defense. im just trying to state that the man they have in custody is not Saddam Hussein. Really, that's it. they way they caught him and how quickly it happened are also two important parts of this story that aren't given much consideration on an official level.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join