It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi offers oil and power to people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Gaddafi offers oil and power to people

www.timesonline.co.uk

Forty years into the revolution he unleashed on Libya Muammar Gaddafi has announced plans to dismantle the Government, hand the riches from Africa's biggest oil reserves to the people and nationalise foreign oil operations that have recently been allowed back into the country.

“The administration has failed and the state economy has failed. Enough is enough. The solution is, we Libyans take directly the oil money and decide what to do with the money,” he says.

To end the corruption that has sapped the vast oil wealth, bundles of cash should be delivered to the poor, three quarters of the ministries should cease to exist and the workers should run hospitals and schools.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This HAS to be a ploy of some sort. Sounds like something straight out of a Robinhood novel.

It sounds almost the polar opposite of what has been taking place in the west---The robbing of the middle and poor classes to further line the pockets of the mega-corps and fraudulent lenders and banksters.

Does ANYBODY think this guy will actually DELIVER on his promise, or that something of that magnitude is even concievable and / or possible in today's greed-based societies, where obscene wealth appears to be the ultimate power?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm not really sure if anything will come of this but its important to watch the situation. It is entirely possible for this to work if they do dismantle the entire state and set up worker's councils, but I do not think they will go that far. Capitalists will never give up their power or riches willingly; although in Libya it is a slightly different situation so I guess we'll see what happens.. but I won't keep my hopes up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

First, i would say to the guys of timesonline that the name is Muammar Gheddafi (معمر القذافي): since they are writing about him, it would be nice to spell at least his name correctly, this is what i would expect from timesonline. Now , on topic, i agree with you about the reliability of Gheddafi, but what he says is no value anyway: if he's serious, then OPEC will kick his butt and trash Libya: if he's joking, then it will remain a joke. Even saudi Arabia must explain its reasons whenever you come to decisions involving something that may affect the whole world. While it's true that Libya owns its own oil, it would be very wrong to believe that they are able to decide what to do with it. The last guy who thought to be able to do that was Saddam Hussein, and we all know how it ended.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Mr (caring) Gadaffi is doing his bit for the people. Looks like he's going through maturity now. Looks like he's grown up a bit since the Lockerbie mass murder.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Pan Am 103 flight is one of the worst stories of international aviation: Mr Gheddafi should have paid in first person, but all that we have is Abdel Basset Ali al-Megrahi and Lamin Khalifah Fhimah: Fhimah was found not guilty by the way. Libya made a massacre and just some guy will pay for that. And on top of that, Libya admitted the responsability for the massacre, but WONT pay for that. Imagine what level of respect can expect mister Gheddafi, ask to the relatives of the victims for more informations: he's a criminal, one of the worse ones.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by internos]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
im thinking he might be suicided before any of this happens....

suicided " its a word i have made up to represent someone who has been murdered and his death made to look like a suicide "...

new topics

top topics

join