It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial collapse PREDICTED in 1981 Movie "ROLLOVER"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The first scene don't really hold any relevance, but a minute in.. WOW

I think the scenes are pretty scary

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We all worry about the housing and banking sectors, but what if foreign investors pull their money out of the US??
I think this is a very good point that hasn't gotten any attention. Has it been done already??

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, I don't think it's really a prediction, as much as it is obvious economic possibilities. I mean this isn't the first time it's happened before, but as the US dollar is considered the world currency it does have world wide problems.

I'd say it was more of a warning than a prediction.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
WOW!

Crazy stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

What got me is when the guy said that first the president would start yapping his jaw (we've all heard enough of that), then we would sell gold (gold broke 1000 yesterday) then we would have complete take over (nationalize the banks).. Its just very odd how this movies was made in 1981 and here we are in 2009 experiencing these things.. The foreign funds being pulled are def. a warning. If our market don't start shaping up they will probably do just that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I doubt it predicted anything.

You could probably tie that with the 1987 Market crash as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting....

I've never heard of that movie.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You must be to young to recall Reaganomics. We were in hard recession during 1981. Funny how history is always repeated. This is my 2nd time getting screwed by our government. I seen this one coming 2 years ago and was at least able to save some of my hard earned money saved for retirement. If you are young, please remember this scenario and pay close attention within the 25 year time period for the bankers to make a new grab of our new retirees saving funds. Protect yourself and family, our government will repeat history again.I expect to get hit one more time before I die or retire. Sorry about the rant. I want the young to remember. We will pull out of this mess and it will be rocky, we are a strong nation of people with principles and ethics. It is just a damn shame our elected lack these values and place GREED above all else.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Excellent find. However the real danger is not investors pulling out of the U.S. but rather foreign investors dumping their dollar holdings. China for instance have 700bil in U.S. Treasury bonds as reserve capital.

Holding Dollars at this moment is like playing russian roulette or the musical game with chairs: the last one holding them is going to be down s-creek.

The moment China (e.g.) starts offloading their bonds you will see some of these ROLLOVER scenes become reality.

* Run on banks
* Hyperinflation and devaluation
* Riots and public burning of dollars

Good find. Reminds me a bit of Network (1979) another one to watch which focuses more on the media manipulators and big corp as opposed to this one which focuses on the financial manipulators.

Scary stuff, both of them.

Here the CNN report scene, for those who are short on time.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by MoonMine]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sequence
You must be to young to recall Reaganomics. We were in hard recession during 1981. Funny how history is always repeated. This is my 2nd time getting screwed by our government. I seen this one coming 2 years ago and was at least able to save some of my hard earned money saved for retirement. If you are young, please remember this scenario and pay close attention within the 25 year time period for the bankers to make a new grab of our new retirees saving funds. Protect yourself and family, our government will repeat history again.I expect to get hit one more time before I die or retire. Sorry about the rant. I want the young to remember. We will pull out of this mess and it will be rocky, we are a strong nation of people with principles and ethics. It is just a damn shame our elected lack these values and place GREED above all else.

You nailed it lol. I'm 23 with a son and a husband, so thanks for the heads up
I don't really know much about the recession of 1981, but I hear the same thing from my mother and grandmother. I have a good grasp on what is going on right now though, and I am my trying my hardest to keep my family safe from all of this. For example, my husband got a new job and they have a 401k.. NOT comfortable with that. Any info or advice on that please u2u me.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I was your age with 2 babies and single. I made it, but my spirit was crushed. I eventually over-compensated and became a workaholic for fear of losing all again. The price I paid was far grander than money lost. I would go through it all again with all the fears if only I could have the chance to appreciate time with my children again. I missed out on all because I was in a factory overworking because I was born and raised poor and the lord knows I did not want my children to have my life, and for what, really? All this for the bankers to have a try again 20 some years down the road. Young people, please remember. Never let fear dictate your life. Create your own.

top topics

join