It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite rhetoric, Obama continues Bush policy on detainees: Indefinite detention, no legal rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Despite rhetoric, Obama continues Bush policy on detainees: Indefinite detention, no legal rights

rawstory.com

In a stunning departure from his rhetoric on Guantánamo Bay prison, President Barack Obama signaled Friday he will continue Bush Administration policy with regard to detainees held at a US airbase in Afghanistan, saying they have no right to challenge their detentions in US courts -- and denying them legal status altogether.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Aahh, more "change" you can believe in folks!

More of the same old, same old, from the George W. Obama administration.

It's funny, but with each day that passes, this administration is starting to look more and more like an extension of the previous regime.

And while continuing on the renditions and torture policies (despite all the hot-air claiming to do the opposite), we're throwing another 17,000 men into the meat-grinder, for who knows how many years to come. Way to go! Let's continue doing all the things that have made the last 8 years such a smashing success!

The hoodwinking and check-mating of the populace just keeps on going round and round...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe Obama realizes Bush was right?

If it ain't broke...don't fix it. It's worked for over 7 years now.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Maybe Obama realizes Bush was right?

If it ain't broke...don't fix it. It's worked for over 7 years now.

NO right or wrong about it, just the same puppetmasters.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It has?

Funny, but I didn't see much of ANYTHING "working" for the previous 8 years, other than working to exacerbate world condemnation and hatred of our gov and it's endless imperialistic policies. Not to mention these policies CREATING way more potential enemies by the day.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Told you so.

How many times does history need to repeat itself before you see it what it really is? All politicians are owned and controlled regardless of party. There is no such thing as a free election, and there has not been for a very long time.

If the puppeteers want to make it so, it will be so.
If the puppeteers want you to believe something you will believe it.

Let me say that again:

And once more:

Wake up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Man, so far everything he has done has been stuck down.

The court ruled, that detainees are not allowed to be brought into the states. They ruled on this. The stimulus passed with only 3 republican votes.

The market doesn't like him. Man this is not shaping up to be a good 4 years.

Same game different faces is all I have to say.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Honestly really? What do you expect? Change? If people cant realize whats going on up to know then god help us all.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Did anyone think that he had control over what went on there?

If he tried to stop it don't you think they would have shut him down?

Remember some of the Kennedy assassination theories, where, he tried to do too much, and, he got killed for it?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Kennedy got assasinated for circulating dollars backed by silver...Obama doesn't have the goolies to try and pull that off.Anyway,anyone who still buys into the left/right paradigm needs a reality check,obama will do as he is told or end up in a bodybag,simple.The President has little power in the end,its the people that print your money that have the real power.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've always figured that Obama has the potential to make some changes with domestic policy.

But, I don't believe that he'll have much power over torture and the other policies that are already in place. I believe those things will be decided by other people.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yeah, that's change I can believe in!

Yes we can't!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Guess what? Don't change something that isn't broken.

What I am wondering is what kind of information did Obama find out about these prisoners to keep things the way they are. There is plenty of information out there that needs to be kept a secret for the good of the people. I'm sure that sounds really bad on this website but it's the truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So when does Europe start requesting their change back?

2 lines.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I've always figured that Obama has the potential to make some changes with domestic policy.

Pelosi and Reid has the Domestic arena covered.

Guess Obama might have to settle for Afghanistan. Nobody wants in on this one.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"In a stunning departure"

Ya, ok.. Stunning to who? The ones that had chills going up their legs and had control of the media during the election?

This doesn't surprise anyone. Obama is a war criminal just like Bush... Can't have it both ways Obmanation supporters. This guy may be doing the right thing, in fact I think this is the right call but according to the left he needs to be brought up on war crimes and hung right next to Bush.

The left in this country are mentally ill...

top topics

join