It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS/BTS Forumholics Meetings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Alright everybody it is time that we get serious about our addictions What better way to do that than putting them out in the open. The addiction I am talking about is the disease known as Forumholism. I know it is hard to say out loud but we must to conquer this disease. Now we have a place where we can do this. I will start it off for us.

Hi my name is Ant4AU and I am a foumholic. I really can’t even remember how it started. I found this place like many of you digging around topics that are taboo in society. I came on one day and then another and another. Before I knew it in the middle of the day I would get a little twitch start to feel antsy, and would find myself seemingly controlled by other forces
being drawn to the computer to log on and sign in to this place, and now I can’t even sleep or function in my day to day life unless I get my fix.

So people there you go I have started the healing process, man it feels so good to say that out loud
now come on people do not be afraid or ashamed it is alright we are all here now to help each other.

Here is an internal survey for you to decide if you need our help. Thanks to TravelerintheDark for this.

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
This questionnaire should help sort out those with problems as opposed to those who are simply social ATS'ers.

1. How often do you have a thought containing ATS?

2. How many thoughts containing ATS do you have on a typical day when you are thinking?

3. How often do you make 6 or more posts on 1 occasion?

4. How often during the past year have you found that you were not able to stop posting once you had started?

5. How often during the past year have you failed to do what was normally expected of you because of posting?

6. How often during the past year have you needed a first post in the morning to get yourself going after a heavy posting session?

7. How often during the past year have you had a feeling of guilt or remorse after posting?

8. How often during the past year have you been unable to remember what happened the night before because you had been posting?

9. Have you or has someone else been injured as a result of your posting?

10. Has a relative, friend, or a doctor or other health care worker been concerned about your posting or suggested you cut down?

Aother question thanks to pause4thought

Originally posted by pause4thought

11. Have you increasingly found yourself subconsciously subdividing every issue you are confronted with into its constituent elements?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Yes, I too have added ATS to my List of Addictions...

It all started last year on a warm sunny day in June - I think the 11th...

It has been a blur ever since...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Get a wife. The volume of the screaming is directly proportional to the amount of time spent on ATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I have a problem too

My AA meetings don't help (ats anonymous) and i thank you for starting this thread.
A bit of group therapy

[edit on 21/2/09 by blupblup]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Maybe someone should start a WA, Wife anonymous , wait we have one already your local beer joint

I am glad to see that we have some that are coming forward and admitting they have a problem and we all know that is the first step. So please for all of those who stray in a do not realize they have a problem state your symptoms so maybe we can help more.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ummm..
if you post on a forum that you are a forumaholic..doesn't that defeat the purpose?
that's like having AA meetings at DATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah. Let's sue the Three Amigos.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Those are not allowed at DATS. We pride ourselves on being 'enablers'.

Rush

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What better place to face down the dragon then in his den.Now I know that this addiction is to powerful to ever fully be free from. I am only hoping to help people to moderate the usage.
To be responsible addicts. If that’s possible.

The funny thing is I know where there is a bar right behind a place where AA meets. Now that’s funny I don’t care who you are. Also sad taking advantage of peoples weakness. That’s America got to love us

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Those are not allowed at DATS. We pride ourselves on being 'enablers'.

Rush

Yes, that is our mission in life at DATS. Rush heads up the effort and is the poster girl for the mission.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by hsur2112

We have three here that want help but are stuck in denial. Making excuses to why they don't need these meetings :shk: It is good that they showed up maybe we will get to them

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I'm quite sure I don't know what you're talking about.

I can quit atsohol any time I want to, I just don't want to.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Ant4AU

Get a wife. The volume of the screaming is directly proportional to the amount of time spent on ATS.

This applies to HUSBANDS as well, and I know at least one that will agree with me.

Meet you at DATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do you all not see that all you are doing is enabling yourself. I myself enjoy this addiction and will likely never be free from it. But you have to realize the problem.

Wait wait what is this

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Blogstalker

5,600 posts in under 8 months.

Nough said.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

LOL! This reminds me of the old joke, 'I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a drunk. Alcoholics attend meetings.'

So I'm an ATS forum junkie and proud of it. We don't need no stinkin' meetings!

Sincerely,

The non forumholic. Just a junkie.

Edit to add: What we could use, though, is 'Forum-Anon,' a group for family members of ATS members. Not for them to vent or seek help for us but to trick them into getting addicted and understanding our plight.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Rush heads up the effort and is the poster girl for the mission.

.....sniffle......

Thanks for noticing.

Rush

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I am with Ashley. I am a junkie and proud of it.

We need no help. And, those that think we do are the ones with the real problem.

Yeah, I said it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Another joke is alcoholics are quitters Momma told me quitters never win.

You see what is happening here all these addicts are coming in here and trying to sabotage us. Hold fast FA'ers we can make it through this.

reply to post by skeptic1

Yep you guessed it Skepp I plea the fifth

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

Wait wait what is this

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

5,600 posts in under 8 months.

Nough said.

Where did this come from??

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

YOUR addiction thread you started. Come on in pull up a chair and we will teach you to be a responsible ATS/BTS user

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join