It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge protest over Irish economy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Then VOTE SINN FEIN.

only other solution is dont vote at all.

This worlds need more change. I'm tired of this NWO balony I'm having none of it, I won't live by it. If they push me on this, It will be the day they will perish.

I'm here for a damn good reason. I'm not spoling my time here. These incompetent leaders are nothhing.

Living a human experience is no fun when you begin to realise, how imperfect we are and what we have to confront. One of these problem's I'm making clear to all of you. STOP FOLLOWING AND STOP PUTTING FAITH INTO THESE LEADERS YOU KET YOU DOWN. Complaining will get you knowhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

Thats what you were supposed to think! yeah ireland is built on eu money. Listen carefully! the housing boom happened in ireland eu or no eu! our politians squandered the money. and then went running to the eu when in trouble. One of the most ridiculous agruments I have ever heard was that the eu is responsible for Irelands wealth! BS of the higest order. In Fact if we werent part of the eu we would probably be more stable than any other country right now. Y???? Because the fat cats broke the country on the fact that their back up, the eu central bank would bail them out if they f'd up! Instead of pacing out the building boom they blew their load!!!!!!!!!!!! greedy fat bastards!
Yet we prevail in electing those that know nothing about the common man! Those who have been groomed all their lifes to be in power and yet a slave! A slave to the powers that control the money! Offer a country wealth for their control and they will happily accept! Without a care for the people! Their own aspirations overshadow they safety and well been of a nation! Nothing has changed! life repeats itself and those without love will benefit from the system!

Rant Rant!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Add to that, we Survived 1000s of years without the EU.

Heck none of the money now, is building our roads.

So the we are nothing without the EU is fallacy! Really it's quite insulting. I love our EU neighbours. But I'm not at all impressed with the squandering, stomping and bullying by the european elite into such nonsense, like we need Europe or our economy will collapse without Europe.

It doesn't have to collapse, we don't have to leave Europe. But I certainly will not accept we are nothing without Europe.

So I agree with your post also. It gets on my nerves that people say I'm voting yes because we wont survive without Europe. It's like a grown up going back to his mammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are supposed to be intellegent grown ups.
ATS tires me alot, Now I know why.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

Yes NWO baloney! Ignorance is bliss! Lets all forget about what they are doing to us. Let them manipulate us, mould us into not caring, hell they have done a good job of it so far!!!

SINN FEIN!!!
Why the f who I support a crinimal organisation responsible for the death of innocent people!! I care not for those cowards who use innocent people to protray their point of view!!! F Sinn Fein and all those who support them! Also f the orange order and anyone else who fails to realise that everyone in the north that i have ever met has great love for the irish people and do not discriminate between bull# "made up" hate between us and them!!!!!!!!! F idiots!!!!!!!! The irish people religion aside!!! see each other no different than anyone else. I have friends english. german, black white, who the f in this day and age cares about the above differences??? NO-ONE! Please do the research and stop stereotyping people in accordance with your own views.

P.S READ THe LISBON TREATY!!!!!!!!!! Guess what! no discrimination is mentioned with race or religion only discrimination being made is against the general public, who te elitists detest!!!!

Regards

Karl!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

Let me be clear! I am not in any way anti-EU! I'm anti- the system that is place and soon to be in place that will control every aspect of our lives!
I dont not see any diference in nature to me and any person big small, black white, english, irish, scottish, french, german etc etc. We are all the same!
We are human beings goddamn it! We know right from wrong! its bred into us!! and guess what if the system was not sooooo corrupt then no- one would have any problems and conspiracies would no longer exist. This ideal world will never exist! Ask yourself y!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Originally posted by carlitomoore
WIsh England will do the same. When we didn't get a chance to vote we should have created hell on Earth. How can we be denied a vote in a so called Democracy!?

Well we've got until May next year. At that point, the United Kingdom ceases to be a sovereign nation altogether (just a state in the nation of 'Europe') and Westminster will be for show only. Already, 80% of our laws come from Brussels.

Please, please, please let the Irish vote 'NO' again!

Actually it's times like these that people vote to become part of something larger...

Look at the slime mold... when times are good, it spreads out and becomes many different creatures.... but when times are tough it comes together to form a much larger organism.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If we (the irish) can take to the streets in protest whats stopping the uk? I see post like hopefully we'll see this in the uk soon, why not do something about it? Even a protest that starts off with a few people can spur on the whole nation.

Once the few brave stand up the people who are waiting for a leader will be quick to follow.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This kinda depresses me, for years i've been part of protest movements and awareness campaigns but no one was interested - not in illegal arms traiding, not in the excess of the consumer society, not in the unsustainability of our way of life - sure a few people complained about the war but most just ignored it...

NOW that people are loosing money though look at it, everyone from the talking heads to the tea lady is demanding something be done - how many of them really understand the issues? how many people have spent the effort to understand how the world works? who really wants a pragmatic solution?

The people want to be promised more wealth not a stable and moral system of living, if they had a world election between a dog offering to give everyone a thousand dollars and a man saying we need to live within our means and work harder to buy less tat then the dog would win by a land slide, even if it was clear he couldn't give anyone a single penny.

All this talk of 'greedy bankers' -HA more like greedy humans! We're obsessed by this dream of living like a king, the idea that everyone deserves the ultimate luxury - no one even cares about the sweatshops,banana republics, trade 'agreements', union suppression, political corruption, etc which is the backbone of our opulence.911 was either done because 'they hate our freedom' or 'NWO CONTROL GRID' -no one can even consider that most arabs HATE wall st and HATED the 'world' trade center, it was a massive pillar of corruption and sin, the command center for the economic control of the world. Notice that this works in tandem with the pentagon strike, a command center for the military industrial complex.

Those on the sharp end of life have seen their way of life destroyed by the insidious tactics of western money men, complex 'global' systems of finance, insurance, banking, etc all ensure who ever has money we get our cut but the old boys network also ensures only the right people get the lucrative contracts, and then still only after the right backs have been scratched. While we suck the oil from their soil to power our ludicrus SUV's they see their life getting harder and harder not better, while we push our mawkish hollywood propaghanda down the worlds neck with slick multimillion pound budgets used to depict rich cg enhanced images of vapid idiots worrying about which cashmear sweater to wear to the prom, what daddy will say when he see's you've written off the car he brought you or some other asinine rubbish.

I'm poor by western standards, programs like the OC infuriate me because they get brought things by 'daddy' which would take me twenty years of hard work to buy - i imagine that if it wasn't juat 'near impossible' for me to afford in my lifetime a single one of the presents that those snotty brats get given in 'my super sweet sixteenth' but rather if it was almost impossible that i would earn enough in my life to buy one of the meals they eat, one of the outfits they wear or even be able to afford keeping my family eating at all - I would probably jump on a jet liner with a box cutter too!

The richer and more affluent we act in the west the more oppressed and angry the rest of the world gets, we all know how it works -we all know we own items made by children who get paid enough for a single bowl of rice a day, we all know we throw away food which has deprived an impoverished nation of succor, we all know a huge lions share of the price anyone pays for anything goes to the western PTB and into the western economys despite the lions share of labor and materials coming from other areas.

Hardly anyone even pretends to care, those that do still buy into the corrupt system just as far - but the very second something looks to threaten this unfair advantage we have everyone screams and shouts, 'this isn't fair' 'we dont deserve it' - well as the old addage goes 'blessed be he born the king, woe betide his sorrow born to die disposed.' if you think it's 'just the way it is' that you were born ontop, if you think fate gave you a rich nation of birth then you have to accept that maybe 'it's just the way it is' you're losing it all, 'fate' that poverty will end your opulence.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Are you a Communist?

Or are you a "Marxist Humanist?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
reply to post by Dermo

For god sake how the f have we a minister for health who doesnt know a thing about health. fat b*tch. Denies the prevention method of cervicular cancer and instantly condemns young innocent women to a painful death! Im so sick of this # the truth is there for all to see yet people are blind. A

Hi iagree with you, about our dodgy gonernment,
just a note though weather it was for monetry reasons or not im glad ms harney did not introduce the anticervical cancer vaccine gardical, to young girls as there are some serious questions being asked about its safety and claims of it causing sterility!
again big pharma was pushing it throughout europe to what ends!

If Ireland had a decent health care system in the first place our young women would be educated to the fact that this virus is contracted through sexual activity and can develop into cancer, if caught early there is a treatment and a cure.

Ms harney said they had extensive campaigns being set up to encourage women to have smear tests and also educate and encourage younger woman to have these smear tests!! Hav'nt seen any adds thus far!!! Just another lie from our government!!

many thanks

[edit on 22-2-2009 by iamhearing]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think they're still putting Xanax in the chemtrails in North America. No major signs of protest here yet. It's a matter of time though, imho.

I think it's gonna take a HUGE shock to the system to wake North Americans up. We've been asleep for so long that the current financial disaster has only made us wipe some of the 'sleep' out of our eyes and peer around groggily. Most of my friends don't even want to hear about it (I get the evil eye when I bring it up - like a "don't frak with my reality!" kinda look) and they won't until it's too big to ignore and the proverbial wolves are at their door.

Sad. But it's how we've been conditioned to react. If it's not immediately threatening you? It's somebody elses' problem.

Lets see how long that lasts...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
reply to post by Dermo

Come on man you are smarter than this surely you see through the veil of deception.

Hey Karl!!!!!!

What did i say wrong??

We are a small country that cannot consistently sustain the wages and living costs that we currently have. A couple of years ago we were almost the richest in the world per capita and inflation was twice that of many countries... If wages come down, prices come down, standards stay the same and there are more non construction jobs. Its simple economics. The best place for it to start is with public sector pay and government exp.

I know the system is corrupt and that FF has squandered a lot but I also know that the the EU is evolution. While I don't agree with all aspects of the EU, conglomeration is the evolution of civilization. I 100% believe that very little will change with the way countries are run under the new EU if Lisbon is passed. Yes we will have a supra Government and yes we will somewhat lose our sovereignty but it is better than being Iceland. This is why i am not voting in the next lisbon referendum.

Sorry I don't agree with you 100% anymore these days but I see all this stuff from a slightly different perspective now. I don't agree with it all but I definitely don't think that the EU are out to hurt its citizens or those it borders.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

"We are a small country that cannot consistently sustain the wages and living costs that we currently have."

Ireland needs it's own currency that is pegged to Gold.

It would attract investment.

Ireland could, via stamps and seals, also peg certain Euronotes to it's own gold standard and only for use in Ireland - this would increase spending in the local economy.

People would come from all over the world just to do business in Ireland.

So long as Ireland maintained this policy, Irish Gold notes would be traded on the world market as if they were gold - for which they would be exchanged at any time whilst in Ireland or in Banks that except Irish Gold notes ;-)

**These would be like Berra Bonds for the working man, which is why it will never happen....

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I understand your point but where are we to get this gold?

Buy a trillion worth of it?

That would defeat the purpose altogether.

The Gold Standard only works when you have the Gold base in the first place.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irishwolf
If we (the irish) can take to the streets in protest whats stopping the uk? I see post like hopefully we'll see this in the uk soon, why not do something about it? Even a protest that starts off with a few people can spur on the whole nation.

Once the few brave stand up the people who are waiting for a leader will be quick to follow.

I can only speak for England,more specifically London.The people here are too dumb divided and lazy.They would take to the streets if there was a chance of some looting action but outside of that nothing.
You see there is just too much on T.V. to be worrying about freedoms and rights or we may miss the match on sky if we go down to Parliament square and demonstrate.
God bless the Irish you still have some fight left in you...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Such a plan does not have to be initiated nationwide, nor should it.

The idea should be put forth and adopted in a few towns or cities. Many cities in the USA have already adopted similiar currencies to encourage local spending. There is often an incentive offered in the form of $10 Federal Reserve notes for Twelve of the City's own dollars.

However, these cities do not peg their own currency to gold or silver and due to their exchange rate being based upon the Federal reserve notes, they are also subject to inflation.

However, now that a local currency is in place, these American cities will now be able to start basing their new currency on gold or silver with relative ease.

*We could do the same thing here in Ireland.

With gold at $1000 yesterday, even a 100 dollar note would only be able to be exchanged for around 3 grams of Gold. This reality and the fact that the notes can only be used or exchanged for gold or Euros in the town from which the originate makes such a conversion all the more easy and necessary.

So for each $1000 in circulation, an ounce of gold would have to be purchased to back it. The value of each Gold note would be pegged to an amount of gold. This ensures that the gold will be present when it is called upon to be exchanged.

Any bank participating would also be required to provide other accepted currencies in lieu of gold, should the individual desire it;

It is because the notes can be purchased with Euros or other accepted currencies,that the notes can also be exchanged back for the same currencies or gold (relative to the current exchange rate/gold prices).

*Do some google searches, you'd be surprised at how small towns and cities benefit from their own currency.

Ireland would benefit - Only a filthy Keynesian would disagree ;0) (I kid)

Have you ever visited Lew Rockwell's site?

Edit; You asked:

"I understand your point but where are we to get this gold? "

You don't know where to buy gold?

Remember, such a plan wouldn't be initiated across the Republic, but would have to be voted in on a town by town basis. Central Planning never works with this sort of thing.

The people should be fully informed of the benefits and possible political ramifications before any vote is held.... And not the kind of vote where 51 percent of the people get to control the lives of 49 percent of the people either. 70 percent majority - minimum.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I know where to trade Gold.

As I said before, I know what you are saying, this kind of thing has happened here before but the EURO is a strong currency so we have no need to ditch it locally in order to trade with commodity backed currencies... It would not be feasible in many respects.

The inflation problem here was caused by booming property prices that eventually spurred legal minimum wage levels to approx $10 an hour.. making us uncompetitive in the global downturn... Not by over production of EURO's.

Also, it probably wouldn't be the best time to start these kind of local currencies.. with Gold being so high at the moment, it is only bound to rise and burst when the financial system is successfully revamped.. essentially bankrupting these local economies.

Its hard to call.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

"Its hard to call. "

Then think of it as 'Gift Certificates' than can only be used in the local economy - or exchanged for gold or other accepted currencies in that economy.

Even when cities don't base their local currencies on gold, it still encourages local spending.

There is nothing bad about such a system at all. And if you don't like the currency, you don't have to use it... ;-)

The incentive that most American cities use when implementing this system is to give the individual an extra 'local' dollar or two for every ten Federal Reserve Notes. The shops and businesses also offer incentives by keeping their prices the same for both local and federal currencies - some even offer discounts if the local currency is used. (and these are currencies that aren't even pegged to gold or silver)

Like I said, this currency would optional ;-)

Each note you purchase acts as an investment in your local economy, wherein it will be spent.

So you have no reason to complain, no one does. Excepting the Banksters, of course.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhearing

~Sorry I dont know where you get your propaganda from but the truth is the man who invented the vaccine refused to make money from the discovery and handed the vaccine to the pharma companies to distribute as cheaply as possible because he knew that it would save lives. This same man is also adamant that prevention is better than cure ( go figure :@@
and that from all the tests they done it has no harmful side effects or anything like that. If it was unsafe then I doubt he would release this vaccine at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion

Congratulations, at least they are doing something about it... eventually 'you' may see something like this in the UK....

However, in the article you see someone holding a sign:

"Save Jobs - ACT"....

There lies the problem - how do you act? What do people do? What do Governments do?

Other than starting over*, wiping the slate clean for everyone - how do you fix this? It seems too wide, too deep and too black to fix.....

Or am I missing some magic solution?

* note 'starting over' means stopping, removing and charging those who have let this get as bad as it got.....but that's never going to happen.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Government spends the bailout money by offering business subsities and tax breaks for job creation. Governement pays for health care across the board. People start working and paying taxes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join