It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new job!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
so guess who'll be teaching three astronomy lab sections at eastern michigan university come next fall? that's right, i will be. i'm going to be a sophomore teaching juniors and seniors. i'm probably not going to get any respect at all. anyway though, does anyone have any teaching experiences or advice they'd like to give? i'd greatly appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Teaching astromomy? I'd pray. With the overcast weather lately you can't see anything. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
anyway though, does anyone have any teaching experiences or advice they'd like to give? i'd greatly appreciate it.

Yeah go in kicking ass from the first day!! LMAO!! Yeah like that's gonna work!

All I can say is good luck man!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nice one cmdrkeenkid hope you enjoy your teaching wish i could help you out with some info maybe some outher around here can help out

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Make sure you know your lesson plan, know exactly what youre going to say and dont ask dumb, easy questions. As a student myself I don't really appreciate a TA trying too hard or who isn't prepared. Oh yeah, and make sure you don't ask "how much time do we have left," or say "Finally...," "to finish up," etc. People will start packing up their # and it's pointless to try and teach. You probably already know this since you're in school.

Congratulations on your position! That's awesome man and it'll be great for the resume.

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
thanks everyone!

and tonight at the observatory we had a clear sky for like 40 minutes... that was the first time on a thursday night since like december.

and i'm sure i'll get the lesson plan done well. i'll just be teaching out of a coursepack set up by the head lab instructor, so all i have to do is pick and choose which labs i want to do. and i already hate when people pack up way early. that's so obnoxious...

new topics

top topics

join