It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary says to China "You SO own America, Dude" or something like that.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
we are pretty much living on our knees.

Speak for yourself. I for one have kept a very close eye on my finances .
I live well within my means.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thats really good Slayer! The problem though is that the majority of Americans are living above their needs. Either way I wasn't referring to Americans individually - I was making more of a blanket statement that America's economic situation is such that it has to compromise on it's position on human rights violations when speaking to China. The meeting between Hillary and the foreign minister of China was on uneven footing. It's pretty much like trying to negotiate good terms with your bank manager when your bank account is seriously overdrawn.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

It's funny, I was sort of thinking along those lines. In a way, I am kind of living that way, which is why I went with what my username is. Luckily I have a place to stay and don't free load, i'm allowed to crash here, but I don't take up space and not here most of the time anyway but before my car got towed, i slept in the backseat. Not bad, but does get creepy when you wake up and there's someone staring at you from outside. I've just been pretty much going town to town, city to city looking for work. I do get temp work here and there, but it's just that, doesn't last long at all. It sucks, but I'll eventually land somewhere. Never did collect unemployment or food stamps, because for one I didn't care for the high and mighty attitudes of the people who work at the unemployment office, the nerve they have to look down at you as though you are garbage and stupid.

Plus, I will never trust getting anything from the government ever again. When my dad passed away when I was younger, I was eligible receive benefits from social security. It was 500 a month, which helped my mom out a lot. But then when I was 19, I started getting things in the mail saying I owe them $8,000 because they feel they over paid me. I keep showing them proof they didn't, but every year they keep insisting I did. After that, never accepted a penny from the government and never will as for it. This has been a good learning experience for me, I wasn't a spoiled at all, but I've learned to appreciate simple things and not take anything for granted.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I don't know if it's this way for other warehousing type jobs, I hear some stories that one place is great while another isn't, but don't know for sure. I once heard the place I worked for was really good to the employees, but turns out it couldn't be further from the truth. I did lose that job a year ago, and even though it was the first job I had ever gotten fired from, I actually wasn't upset about it. I just cool, later. They were getting rid of people that were there for more than several years to hire new people, to save money of course. Lot of good people were let go, but they wanted cheaper employees that were mainly just out of high school and thought the place was for hangin out. Turned out they were planning on fire everybody down the road anyway. The building got bought out by another company and everyone would be laid off by this spring, so it was inevitable. It is sick how the backbone of all companies treat their slav...I mean workers.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by itinerantseeker

You have wisdom friend. I see that in your posts may you find your way to a better life. Be happy and live in the now. Keep chugging and if you need someone to scream about anything to send me a u2u. I listen and I feel.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There's no doubt that there is a connection with the Clinton's and Chinese. Everyone knows how Bill sold us out, obviously for money.
Found an older article on this.

www.cnn.com...

Here's Clinton's hypocrisy right here. She's so outspoken on the human rights violations, in fact she had always been very vocal about China's human rights. What's changed? Then again, I guess things change when you are the SoS and are told to set aside personal differences for the good of the nation. But then again, maybe she didn't know that her husband was accepting money from that country, and decided to change her tune.

www.latimes.com...

This doesn't surprise me, but maybe it's easier to say what she did without having to come to any contact with these people.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks, I appreciate that. Same thing if you are searching for an ear (well, pair of eyes actually), my u2u box is always open. I do live in the now more than ever and I always try to encourage anyone to do the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Dont forget about the Chinese stealing our missile technology that Clinton over looked.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Linky Here

A study we recently completed shows that the Commerce Department approved more than $15 billion worth of strategically sensitive exports to China in the last decade. Although supposedly intended for civilian purposes, the department's records show that much of this "dual-use" equipment went directly to nuclear-missile and military sites, the vertebrae of China's strategic backbone.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Clinton overlooked.

You and I both know ole slick willy knew what he was doing. He did it anyway for who knows exactly why. Money? NWO setup of some insane kind?

I always thought in the back of my mind the NWO theories the wilder portions were a fun curiosity but kept up on it anyway. I liked Bill Cooper and "Behold a Pale Horse" seemed pretty intense, but the way this economic meltdown is going it sure seems to being directed into the ground with intent.

Almost makes you pay more attention to David Icke.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

( For those who object to the heading of this thread - I was just translating from Diplomatese into English)

The government always tries to come across in the best light possible with their citizens. So when the Secretary of State starts speaking about Human Rights not being as important as keeping a "healthy" relationship with a known human rights violator, then you know America is in deep doodies. And from the Chinese Foreign Minister's statement he quite opaquely responds that China is aware of the fact.

Oh yes, deep doodies.

In fact to you remember during the last several years of the Bush administration, the Chines ambassador said, right here in "merica" with Bush standing there, that Taiwan was no longer an issue i.e for us to worry about.

This kind of statement would have just been unheard of 30 years ago.

This is a major shift indicator not only in power but foreign policy and other things, which would naturally follow the loss of power.

Let us go back to the events in German foreign and treaty policy interpretations and rewrites moving up from the 20's into the 30's before the war.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It just goes to show that people must be leveraged by force. China has no reason to acknowledge any American moral high ground now that they own us.

They must see us as supreme hypocrite that we buy all of their human rights violated products.

These recent discoveries of lead being used in Chines products was a clear indication of their contempt not to mention their addiction on the american dollar. HAY theirs a weakness!

We could boycott Chines products but then that paragon of American enterprise and savior of "marica" Walmart would bite the dust and dam thats just more than most americans could stand.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

We could boycott Chines products but then that paragon of American enterprise and savior of "marica" Walmart would bite the dust and dam thats just more than most americans could stand.

What would any NASCAR lovin "merican" do without Wal-Mart?

Its where they find spouses. "Look at that one thar she could have at least 14 rugarts and fix my truck"

[edit on 22-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

May you continue in good spirit!
And you have written many wise thoughts.

One of my sons finally got a 20hr a week job, after working through a temp agency for a year. My other son is getting into rental management, which he loves.
Yeah, you're right about longer time workers being laid off. Used to be that those workers were valued for their knowledge/contibutions, now they're despised for their higher wages.

Workers being told now that they're lucky to have a job, and while I agree American standard of living is nice (hell, my husband and I were just musing last night, that we are grateful for running hot water), all this is a little like telling a flood victim to be grateful that they only had a foot of water in their home when they could have had 3 feet.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Well, given the amount of money he's gotten from that country for his re election campaign and other things, he probably felt that it was only fair they shop, I mean take what they want while he just kind of looked the other way.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This place cracks me up at times. The only thing China could possibly do is stop buying our debt and wrecking the dollar for international trade. It wouldn't even neccesarily cause huge inflation either. Look at the yen crash and corresponding Japenese inflation. Never happened.

The way I see it is China needs us way more than they need us. So far in this deal China has lent us money to buy their goods. If we don't pay who really loses? We have their goods, all they have is paper iou's. If they want to fight a war about not getting paid, bring it on. Otherwise they get paid when we say they get paid.

Probably the best thing that could happen in this country is for China to stop loaning us money. At that point we would have to take back the right to print our own money. We would also realze the need for self sufficiency and industrial production would again resume in America.

It's never going to happen. China will continue to loan us money at low rates because they know they really have no choice in the matter. Doing anything else is a purely against their best interest.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

What would any NASCAR lovin "merican" do without Wal-Mart?

Its where they find spouses. "Look at that one thar she could have at least 14 rugarts and fix my truck

Walmart. Cheep and tacky company store. They sell some good deals but if you still want say a good bike you got to drive on down to the Schwinn store and get your wallet out.

How about that felling you get at Walmart like your "sticking it to the man" by shopping there.

I have got some good deals there but the hype that goes along forget about it.

There is a really good privately owned hardware store as well as a fishing/hunting store down the road from the local Walmart. Naturally their selection is much more intense. The hardware guy is a real live hardware man and the guy that runs the fishing store is a world class fisherman. I always feel like a cheep pile of crap two bit scrapper when I go to Walmart for something I could have gotten at those stores even if it cost me a little more.

Like I am turning my back on professionals in favor of the pot and pan guy down the road. Hay but my kid can ride the little kiddy ride out in front of the store.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For all those who doubted my translation of Hillary's message to China yesterday. I think she was a little more explicit today before leaving. My translation of this one is "Hey Mister can you spare a dime".

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Sunday urged China to keep buying US debt as she wrapped up her first overseas trip, during which she agreed to work closely with Beijing on the financial crisis.

Clinton made the plea shortly before leaving China.

In Beijing, she called on authorities in Beijing to continue buying US Treasuries, saying it would help jumpstart the flagging US economy and stimulate imports of Chinese goods.

China is the top holder of US Treasury bills, with 696.2 billion dollars worth of the securities in December followed by Japan with 578.3 billion dollars, according to the latest official data from Washington.

breitbart

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Well what else can they do?
I mean seriously where else can they spend those billions better?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It's never going to happen. China will continue to loan us money at low rates because they know they really have no choice in the matter. Doing anything else is a purely against their best interest.

Yet they are saying no.

Part of the problem we have is that China has been hedging the value of the dollar for years and we have allowed to them to do it.

Lowering the value of the dollar kept us from getting out from under their financial thumb.

Now the chickens have come home to roost and all the cocks want to be the master of the hen house.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join