It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with this handshake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
dunno if this is the right place for this, but its the best I could think of.

Whats this whole deal with men who rub their finger on your palm during a handshake?

At first I thought it was a gay thing since the first time I noticed people doing it were gay, but now it occurs more frequently.

I dont know how to describe it other than its like a quick flicking of the middle finger across your palm during a handshake...

Its not accidental, it requires effort on the part of the person doing it.

anyways...anybody got any thoughts?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by RickinVa]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Simple answer, If you were to do the same to a female, how would you think she would react. If not sure, go ahead and try it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is a question I've seem before. I'm not a man, so I can't say I've experienced this, but from what I've read, it's disturbing to a reciever who doesn't share intentions.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
ok so it seems no one know what this means?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It can be considered as sexual harassment

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
dunno if this is the right place for this, but its the best I could think of.

Whats this whole deal with men who rub their finger on your palm during a handshake?

At first I thought it was a gay thing since the first time I noticed people doing it were gay, but now it occurs more frequently.

I dont know how to describe it other than its like a quick flicking of the middle finger across your palm during a handshake...

Its not accidental, it requires effort on the part of the person doing it.

anyways...anybody got any thoughts?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by RickinVa]

The OP seems to be a troll because he's obviously asking about the famous freemason hand shake yet feigning ignorance of it. However the fact that he's asking on a conspiracy forum known for masonic topics reveals the fact that he knows full well that this is the masonic hand shake.
And to OP: Just in case you aren't a troll, yes this handshake you describe is what is most commonly described as being a secret masonic/illuminati handshake. There's 2 methods that I know of, that I've read about on here or other websites, when shaking the hand you press your thumb down firmly into the other person's hand, and 2. the method you described, you press your index finger into the other's palm firmly.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Maybe you can tell us a little more , like when this was done? Who did it ? How often does it happen ?
I have never really had this happen to me but i know what you mean , it is quite weird to do to someone if indeed it is meant on purpose.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
sounds like the E Clampus Vitus grip.

i just can not find a description of it on the net

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
A masonic handshake?...It was quite a joke in my elementary school days some 25 years ago. Second line********

[edit on 22-2-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
About twenty years ago, my girlfriend told me that people do it when they want to hook up...does that mean that there are a lot of Masons hooking up?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by checkers]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
if I knew what it meant, I wouldnt have asked.

I am pretty sure a couple of the people who have done it to me arent free masons

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
if I knew what it meant, I wouldnt have asked.

I am pretty sure a couple of the people who have done it to me arent free masons

But if you knew NOTHING about it, how would you know to come to a conspiracy theory website? You obviously must have known it was something conspiracy based. Do you ask football questions, or questions on what stocks to buy on a conspiracy website too?
Either way I answered your question, your best bet now is to go research it on your own, there's plenty of masonry sources on the internet that show the handshake you speak of and even videos that purport to show famous celebrities like Larry King greeting certain guests with it, to show mason/illuminati/elite camaraderie.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I posted it here because I have been a member of this site for some time now.

It seemed like the logical place to get an answer

new topics

top topics

join