It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Humans are Capable....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So, browsing ATS and Youtube videos, I came across something that shocked and disturbed me. Honestly, I know people all over the world have different ways of life, and rituals and all that.

I just got to thinking about it. Of all of the animal abuse I have known about all my life, none of it has made me think BETRAYAL of love and trust like this one has.
I lost respect for humanity, once again. Even some of the most 'natural' tribes/cultures living today, cannot comprehend love.
Hell, maybe 'love' is a Hallmark idea, sold to us by corporations -- like Christmas and Valentine's Day.

Sure, some cultures beat down intelligent animals all the time. But at least they don't beat around the bush and gain said animals' love and trust before looking into the faithful, honest eyes and beating the hell out of said animal violently.

Violent betrayal is all I can say of this act.

WARNING***GRAPHIC**DISTURBING***VIOLENT
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well I completely understand how you feel about this, and I also do feel the same way (maybe not as strongly tho).

Note how the dog was loved and healthy at 4 years old... And then take into consideration they are still living in very ancient ways. Dog's are at their best up until about 6 or 7 in that sort of society, then they may be more of a drain on resources - which of course go from season to season.

Killing the dog at 4 is a sacrifice, the dog looses a life and the tribe looses a member - but that is how they shal remember that dog. The dog wont be remembered for being old smelly a nuisance... Patience would be remembered for being brave and loyal and a friend.

That is their belief and IMHO respect it... I still to this day have never met one of the pigs / cows / chickens I have eaten parts of - and trying to get to know a fish while it's in the keep net is a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is what was done to Jesus Christ. It is sickening.

Unlike many other Christians I love Him so much that I refuse to take communion - drinking his blood and eating his flesh.

Knowing Christ is of God and was murdered, makes me anticipate the day He reappears.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
doesn't bother me even a little bit, can't see what's so upsetting.
people eat animals

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Im sorry but that's sickeningly filthy.
They are not doing it to eat out of necessity.
They are doing it as some male bonding ritual for fun.
Not to mention how long the dog waits to be chopped in the head.
All the time knowing its going to die.
They are cruel filthy animals.
They probably eat each other, and anyone else who comes there.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think in this day of age we do not need to eat animals, We can grow there meet without giving birth to the soul of an animal. Its the way forward!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

what, you think someone sneaks up behind the pigs at the slaughter house and puts them out by tickling them to death?

what exactly do you call a family dinner besides a bonding ritual?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the opinions.

Even though they differ with mine.

Though there is a huge difference in the way factory-farmed animals are raised, compared to a pet dog.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Well the dog was not really a 'pet'... It was a part of the tribe, I think a pet is a bit of a luxury really. So maybe that is an even different spin on it??

new topics

top topics

join