It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheers to all! I have finally joined.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I find it amusing my registration "captcha" was "bilderberg".

I have been quite fond of and lurked ATS for years now. Maybe three or four. I am introducing myself primarily to leave a record for those who may enjoy, condemn, disavow, or relish the opinions I may or may not offer in future postings. Who knows, but my best guess is I will post very little. I like to listen.

I am a skeptic. I "believe" very little. I think there is a good deal humans do not know, and I do not presume to know these things. Though I do not neglect the opportunity to learn them, whatever they may be. I think, frankly, all things are possible, all of the time, in their own way. To be vague.

I do not outright reject your "OMFG NEW UFO VID", but if it's a seagull it's a seagull, and regardless there are more significant questions, such as how would an ET would make itself known to us in a relevant way?

Or..

So what if it was a UFO? If it was, and you saw it on youtube, and it was %100 real... SO? What now? Will you start to behave differently? Will you change your life? What does it matter to you?

I think that extra-terrestrial life exists. The notion that it does not seems utterly absurd to me.

Given this, and the fact that we humans are left unabated in our actions, utterances, cravings, and movements upon this planet; I think that the more pressing consideration for us humans at present is just why we are left to our contrivances and what exactly we should attempt to muster.

Enough of that, as most of my time on ATS is spent with Current Events. I find it an invaluable resource, getting the heads up on news items well in advance of other media. Not to mention the engaging dialogue that is what inspired me to finally register. Kudos to all on ATS from the outset for making it everything that it is. I love this forum and owe a great deal of productive thought and sleepless nights to it. After how-many years I think it's something worth putting OrpahWinfree's name on.

And one last thing, to maybe crucify me with... I always enjoyed "sleeper".

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Always nice to welcome a fellow skeptic

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OrpahWinfree

Cheers FredT, I appreciate the welcome. Wishing I knew Latin at the moment. If you ever need help with the Calabrese dialect, though...

Btw, I'm enjoying R&cokes during this Intro period, so expect a cordial Orpah. No guarantees as to the future...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, lurker/skeptic/believer!

And this is coming from a bonafide experiencer who knows that we do have visitors on occasion but that also knows to call a seagull a seagull, a lamp post not a plasma ship.

See ya on the boards,

STM

[edit on 2/21/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Glad you finally took the plunge and joined us officially.

Looking forward to seeing your opinions on the forums.

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OrpahWinfree

Sounds to me like you'll fit right in.
By the way, I always enjoyed sleeper, too.

I'll just give you a friendly warning - reading is one thing. Participating is another. It can become very... compelling. Addictive, some might say. In other words, you might intend at this point to read much and post very little. However, once you open that floodgate...

BWAHAHAHA!

new topics

top topics

join