It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musical Artist Joni Mitchell being treated for Morgellons Syndrome - Does Joaquin Phoenix have it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5416e68a7834.gif[/atsimg]

First it was Oakland A's star pitcher Billy Kotch that came down with the mysterious ailment which tore his career and family apart...
yeekers.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now musical artist Joni Mitchel, renound folk singer and 60's Woodstock icon has apparently come down with the debilitating disease...
Who will be next in the world of celebrity to come out of the "morg"?...

source - www.billboard.com...

"The Fiddle and the Drum" remains the primary focus for Mitchell, who's also in the midst of treatments for Morgellons syndrome, an infectious and potentially debilitating skin condition that's put other endeavors on hold for now.

I honestly hope she uses her position as a prominent musical artist for the past 4 decades as a bastion of hope in the media for people suffering with this nightmare.

The nightmare is vastly darkened by the ridicule and misdiagnosis by the medical community at large, causing sufferers to feel alone and ostracized.
Most are labeled as mentally ill, causing them to spiral downward loosing friends, family and employment, resulting in homelessness and in many cases, suicide.

I think the most important aspect of this phenomenon, is not so much the unusual almost alien symptoms of the disease.. but moreso the role of the population in general, reacting to it on the most part with either indifference, or with scathing accusations and mockery labeling the people from anything from drug addicts to unfit parents..resulting in having their children taken from them.

When this is all over, and the truth is discovered as to what morgellons really is.. I hope that society at large learns to be kinder to their fellow man, and be less self confident in thinking they know everything, that something like this couldn't possibly exist..
When in reality, it's just one more example of the opposite.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6830dc23a02c.jpg[/atsimg]

Personally, I think Joaquin Phoenix has this as well.
Just look at his comment of something crawling on his head.. "feeling like his brain is being eaten by a bug"
(THE most disturbing aspect of morgellons.. is the constant sensation of bugs or worms crawling through your skin. mostly around the crown area.. and top of head)

and how he has spiraled downward and become more withdrawn in social situations almost overnight..

notice the "itching" comment letterman makes..
notice he even "itches" in the actual movie clip of his new film..

IF he too is going through this phenomena ...will the "Phoenix" rise out of the ashes of the chaos he seems to be going through once the medical establishment RECOGNIZES this debilitating syndrome.. and finds a way to help sufferers?

-

[edit on 21-2-2009 by prevenge]

Mod edit; to replace pictures on author's request

[edit on 14 Mar 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Wow that has got to be the most awkward interview I've ever seen.. It's like he's lost all personality and sense of humor. Something is definitely wrong with Joaquin Pheonix.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
Personally, I think Joaquin Phoenix has this as well.
[edit on 21-2-2009 by prevenge]

Or maybe he's just a douche that takes himself way too seriously. He always came off as a douche to me anyway. Someone needs to explain to these cocky [SNIP] actors that being able to lie well in an entertaining way in front of a camera is nothing too horribly special.

And whoever decides who has the phrase "hero" attached to their name in our minds needs to stop tossing it around to describe some actor's role in some movie or "breaking down" whatever "barrier." Unless Will Smith runs down a carriage with 3 month old twins in it that's heading for a bus full of school kids with a small nuke attached to it and disarms it while fighting off rabid dogs and punching Dinty Moore in the face IN REAL LIFE, he's not a friggin hero for being paid to be treated like royalty for the majority of time that he's at "work." And that's what really grinds my gears.

Mod Edit: Removed derogatory term.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
TBH, I've met Joni and she's a bit odd... so make of that what you will. She doesn't seem to be completely in control. And this was about two years ago during a business deal. Obviously for privacy sake no details. Quite kind and still radiating and insane amount of attractiveness for a woman her age, but... off it. Take it as it is. Morgellons is intriguing

Also, everyone should be aware by now that Mr. Phoenix is putting on a show, it's for an upcoming mockumentry he's making. I think it's a lovely piece of art but you can calm down, he hasn't gone off the deep end.

Btw, I'm new and sort of a ridiculous first post but I'm drinking and battling insomnia, so.

Good thing I'm not the sort to have legacy issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

well um..thanks for the post, magni.

how do you feel /what do you think about joni mitchell being treated with morgellons?
what's your observation /opinion on the topic?

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Jesus man, he's playing. It's a schtick. Calm, eh?

He's having a laugh at the Brandos of the world. There's something to that. He's being a "hero" to you, really, by mocking that that which you deride.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrpahWinfree
TBH, I've met Joni and she's a bit odd... so make of that what you will. She doesn't seem to be completely in control. And this was about two years ago during a business deal. Obviously for privacy sake no details. Quite kind and still radiating and insane amount of attractiveness for a woman her age, but... off it. Take it as it is. Morgellons is intriguing

just wondering.. are you insinuating that she is making it up?
or perhaps read about it online and then started thinking she had it, like others are being told they did?

if she did have a disease.. and doctors confirm it.. CDC etc..
would you then feel bad about having though she's making it up and was actually not only suffering with a horribly painful disease.. but having to go through being mocked and told she's making it up?

Also, everyone should be aware by now that Mr. Phoenix is putting on a show, it's for an upcoming mockumentry he's making. I think it's a lovely piece of art but you can calm down, he hasn't gone off the deep end.

yeah i've read that people are saying that they think that he is joking around.
i thought that at first but then i remember seeing his video of talking about things crawling in his brain.
what he's acting like.. is to a T what people that have morgellons go through.

Btw, I'm new and sort of a ridiculous first post but I'm drinking and battling insomnia, so.

i learned to not drink and post. gets me in trouble heh.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OrpahWinfree

I wasn't referring to him with the "hero" crap. Someone was talking about some guy that is up in the ER that was stabbed. I won't go into details, but being stabbed and walking to the hospital is not heroic. Especially with the reasoning involved. With my not-quite-normal line of thinking, the two subjects combined and I went into rant land about celebrities.

Anyway. Deep breaths.

So as I was originally going to post, I think she's juat a tad weird to begin with. I'm fairly certain that for a time I had this disease, though I have no idea where it came from or why all the symptoms ceased as quickly as they started. I didn't get creepy or detached, just very short tempered and that went away (roflcopters) mostly.

But whether or not I had this or something else that caused many of the same symptoms, I researched this disease for more than a few hours trying to find answers. I hope she uses her celebrity to get wider coverage for the people that suffer through this hell.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I really should abstain altogether, TBH.

But your original link is little more than an advertisement for some music, with an aside about Joni's suffering. No "doctors confirming", no "CDC" involvement. So I thought it might help to offer a little first hand "impression" of the woman. Don't get me the wrong way, you seem concerned, and I do think somethings up with Morgellons, but in Joni's case I want a bit more evidence. That starts the publicity train which starts the inquiry train which starts the something must be done train if anyone happens to be watching the set at that hour...

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm well aware there are a truckload of mites and moibles and infections out there, but take Joni with a grain of salt. There are myriad diseases/parasites/viri that we don't know about, it's a concern.

As far as J.P., all I can say is I am an.. I hate to say it... "artist". It's easy to spot what he's doing when you live the language.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrpahWinfree

Glad to hear that was an act instead of him just being weird and rude.
Either way I hope he isn't sick. Morgellons is Horrible!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I appreciate your post, and understand, my mind gets tied too.

And as I mentioned in the other post, there are are lot of things that like to play in our bodies that we still don't know/understand. FFS I had bedbugs once and almost lost it. One among the thousand things that can go wrong with or against a body.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
here is a good compilation of morgellons / chemtrail news stories..
one story actually shows where a government study actually refers to "contrails" as "chemtrails" .. it also goes into bills passed giving authorization for the gov to experiment on the population with biological agents.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
"here is a good compilation of morgellons / chemtrail news stories..
one story actually shows where a government study actually refers to "contrails" as "chemtrails" .. it also goes into bills passed giving authorization for the gov to experiment on the population with biological agents."

Hey prevenge, this is simply the best morgellons/chemtrails video EVER. Thanks for the link.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by CoolBlackHole]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If anyone knows how to get in touch with Joni, please email [email protected]

We have a very effective treatment for her.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is huge!

Thanks!

There are many of us out there that KNOW this is a real illness -
Possibly linked to Genetically modified items as well.

We have an outrageous amount of undefined illness happening around the globe -
I believe are man-made.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Has anybody ever considered the movie "BUG" starring Ashley Judd, to be about Morgellan's disease?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is important.
Morgellons has been linked to GM foods/cotton - as well as other possible causes.

The scientists are not being allowed to test these GMO's properly.
This is serious.

www.nytimes.com...

Our present Agriculture Chief is the same one who let
Monsanto take over the seed industry.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO
Has anybody ever considered the movie "BUG" starring Ashley Judd, to be about Morgellan's disease?

yeah seems to be an attempt to make money off of mocking people who have this, while labeling them crazy delusional drug addicts.

funny thing about that film though. .is that the "doctor" that supposedly is there to take the guy home.. the doc that says he's mentally ill, delusional.... that doctor comes into the hotel room to come get him..and does a hit off of the crack pipe they were smoking, as if it's nothing, as if he does it all the time.
and there's black helicopters constantly flying over the hotel they live in.

they come up with the idea that it's aphids living in them .. used to control their bodies.. created at Area 51. and they burn themselves alive in the end.

i would like to interview the writer of that script or director or producer..
if they themselves came down with the disease.. and ask them how they feel now?

whole movie reeks of psy-ops.. makes one wonder how much a mixture of truth/disinfo gov sources contributed to the screenplay..

just to "see" how many uninfected people would subconsciously use it as reference when faced with the topic at a later date..

or to "see" how many infected ...in utter desperation..let their mind wander into the possibilities layed out in the movie.. as to the purpose of the disease.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
For those of you who are not well acquainted with morgellons ( or even if you are)
- this is a very good site.
It goes into the nanotech aspects as well as symptoms - etc.

www.squidoo.com...

[edit on 21-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes, this is a real disease and many in Hollywood now have it. Look at people itching, the appearance of little scratches, skin bumps at first. Go to Morgellons-Disease-Research. There's a myriad of information there. By the way because of the mult-faceted nature of the disease, it isn't simple and is complex to treat very much like Cancer. It has been linked to cancer as well as Alzheimer's demetia, Parkinsons, MS; too many to mention. Also it seemes to attack those with comprised immunity and specifically those who have had Lyme disease. There's a parasitic/mold/bacterial component to it. The reason many in entertainment are getting it is because of make-up/hair/costume cross-contamination. Its's so easy to spread, but you it's such an epidemic you can't confine those with it. It needs to be treated early enough so that major organs/systems in the body are not ruined. More will be known about it, as those "come out" as Joni did. That took courage. Many suffer in silence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join