It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Cites 'Large Firefights' in Travel Alert on Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

State Dept. Cites 'Large Firefights' in Travel Alert on Mexico

www.washingtonpost.com

The latest travel advisory for Mexico from the U.S. State Department will certainly not please the tourist board. Rather than a glossy brochure advertising the country's many delights, the travel alert issued Friday reads like the plot of a crime thriller.

"Recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the advisory reads. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across "Recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the advisory reads. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez. During some of these incidents, U.S. citizens have been trapped and temporarily prevented from leaving the area."

Being "temporarily prevented" from leaving a firefight is never a good thing as far as promoting tourism goes. Tourism is one of Mexico's main sources of income, and the country that sends the most tourists to Mexico is the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Mexico is sounding like a wonderful travel destination, with improvised explosives, and firefights on the beach. How about one of those 'All You Can Drink' bars over in Tijuana? Sounding more attractive everyday.

On the serious note, this is going on at OUR border!
Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... (State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERT)

Why in the WORLD is the BORDER still open?!
Is it because we need constant 'terror threats' to justify taking more American rights and freedoms away? Probably.

Texas sounds pretty convinced that this 'civil war' is coming our way!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The only thing those drug thugs don't realize is that Texans are not Mexicans. We are armed to the teeth and can be just as ruthless as them. They really don't want to mess with Texas because if they do, the next time Americans go to Cancun, they will be vacationing in Texas.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Hell yeah! Thanks for the reply

I think many in Texas have been waiting for something to happen, before they going all ape**** and fighting back. Government should be tried for treason for keeping the borders wide open, and criminalizing anyone who dares defend against these invaders.

As soon as the levy breaks, many Americans are more than ready to defend what is theirs.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Believe me, its so hard to find ammo where I live right now. I actually bought some at Wal-Mart... which I still cant believe. I had to go at 2am though.

I am ready for the violence and I am proud to say that I will defend my home state.

Texans are proud. Loud. And extremely patriotic.
BRING IT ON. Not just our military, but our citizens can kick your a$$!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hey, you Texans make me proud of Americans again.

I just wonder, times like this... where are those "compassionate" Canadians who think America needs to keep the borders open in order to take care of the world's poverty?
They will be in for a real shock if the proverbial hits the fan, and Americans do what they were raised to.(defend their country from invaders)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well sure, you can defend the borders from mexican civilians.

But LOL you would have to be delusional to think that you can defeat the filthy cartels.
They own M-16's, tons of AK-47's, RPGS, grenades, mines, even anti-tank weaponry- not to mention the heavy machine guns they rarely use but are willing to use.
Small rifles and handguns won't defeat their American military weapons.
LOL it would be ironic if Americans fought the cartel and ended up getting killed by their very own American-made weapons.

But i doubt the cartel would invade the U.S, they are being defeated slowly by the military down in Mexico. Hopefully the military keeps slowing them down and maybe in 2-3 years the drug wars might stop. If they don't, our country should invade the border towns and annex them hahaa.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Flag & Stars to you- L N.

Wow! An American Patriot with looks, brains, courage and an AR! Just what I like about a girl!

This threat from Mexico is real, but something I must point out, is that one of the things they are fighting over is 'corridors' of smuggling lines INTO the U.S.A. . . .

Which says something that's not mentioned too much about this whole thing: AMERICANS want drugs! Not ALL Americans, I didn't mean it that way; I meant enough Americans want them, that the DEMAND is a legitimate part of the equation, and a concern which needs to be looked at very seriously.

Is it because so many Americans are fed up with the lousy economy, joblessness, diminished prospects, bills, etc. that recreational drug use is spiking up again? (Or did it ever really spike down at all)? This is a billion dollar question, and merits considering where the cartels get the money needed to finance their militias...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

So then... Another big question to ask on the whole Mexican drug cartel issue...

WHY has the border been allowed to remain open, with these Mexican drug dealers bringing competition to the CIA's drug ring?(is this allowed to be mentioned on ATS? The same topic has gotten threads closed -_-)
This is a SERIOUS issue. This has been allowed to continue for all this time, for what reason? And knowing of a certain US organization that typically likes to corner the market on this exact 'product line', one would think they would have put a stop to it unless... There is a MUCH larger conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Hey, you Texans make me proud of Americans again.

I just wonder, times like this... where are those "compassionate" Canadians who think America needs to keep the borders open in order to take care of the world's poverty?
They will be in for a real shock if the proverbial hits the fan, and Americans do what they were raised to.(defend their country from invaders)

And where are those disarmed UK'ers that think that the general populous shouldn't have weapons to defend themselves? This is a case that points out the importance of citizens being armed.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
As I said in another thread . . .

I live ~15 minutes from the TX/Mex border . . . ~30 minutes from the fighting.

If it spills across . . . I am ready.

You can hear gun fire and explosions every so often , if you drive 15 minutes SW or SE

Go get em Texas boys!

Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad! Remember San Jacinto!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

You are right about the UK'ers too... There are many of them that seem to think because they are disarmed and unable to defend themselves, everyone should be.

Like that will solve all problems. Suddenly criminals will be happy to destroy their weapons, and let the citizens be. Suddenly, we will have no reason to defend ourselves because the threat will be gone.

In a PERFECT world, sure. Government is not looking out for us... Criminals, and invaders.. it only makes sense that we need to look out for ourselves.

Anyone else NOT a Texan but seriously wants to be out there to help out? This affects all of us, and I really feel a want to be there if anything goes down.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 21-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Good questions. And thank-you for reply.

Well, your thread isn't closed yet, so i'll speculate more...

Who's to say that 'certain organizations' didn't fund said cartels, and actually assist their movements (shipments) INTO our country, for the simple reason of profiting from them? And then arm them up to allow them to fight the very Mexican gov officials that couldn't be bought-off?

At the same time, feeding disinfo to our DEA, to throw them off the scent when needed? THEN, turning around, and helping fuel the fear alerts, just before something huge is about to happen?

I guess this type of rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper, the more I think about the possibilities! Maybe I should stop while I'm still making a little sense...Howabout a nice game of chess?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Haha! A nice game of chess.... Imagine the possibilities.

To be serious, I would not doubt if 'certain agencies' have funded certain drug cartels in Mexico, since they have been documented to be OK with such activities themselves. Not to mention, also documented to be found mettling in the affairs of other country's politics for quite a while.

So just considering what they have been doing for a while already, your theories may not be far off at all!
I would even say with their proven track-record mentioned above, highly suspect and probable.

Not to sound crazy, but who knows, maybe yer onto something.

EDIT:typo... damn, sleep deprivation kicking in.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Excellent. A quick replier, and pays close attention to her threads! Star!

Yeah I think they have for eons of time, dating back to when these types of groups weren't even part of the U.S. The whole spy thing is out of control, always has been and always will be!

If 'they' are involved with Mexican drug cartels, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Especially where there is conflict, or potential for conflict, they will flock like wolves!

And no worries, sleep deprivation is something i've both cursed on one hand; and embraced on the other! It's just one ingredient of my tendency to enjoy a long, prolonged derangement of my senses, to attain the unknown! Like a Shaman Roadman, seeking his vision quest sign for days on end, looking for end-of-days prophecies! (at the end of the day)!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The cartels would be extremely stupid to work with one of the alphabet soups.

I would imagine that they know better. They would get used, stabbed(or shot) in the back and declared "The Boogeyman".

Just ask Manuel Noriega.

If they are that stupid though, they deserve everything they get.

new topics

top topics

join