It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetic Recipes Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am a Diabetic and tired of eating the same old same old..

Looking for new and exciting recipes to stimulate my palate..

Anyone have any?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Creamy Cheesecake with Fresh Raspberries
(makes 12 servings)

1 cup (96 g) graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
3 large eggs, separated
1 large egg white
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup (15 g) + 2 tablespoons spoon-for-spoon sugar substitute such as Splenda 2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups (1 l) yogurt cheese made from nonfat plain yogurt*
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sugar-free red raspberry preserves
1 cup (246 g) fresh raspberries, rinsed and drained dry
Preheat oven to 325°°F (160°C, Gas Mark 3).
Combine the graham cracker crumbs and margarine. Pat evenly over the bottom and about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) up the sides of a 9 1/2-inch (23.75 cm) springform pan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the 4 egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until foamy. Gradually add 6 tablespoons of the sugar substitute, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until egg whites form stiff peaks.
In another large bowl, stir the remaining sugar substitute with the cornstarch, then add the egg yolks, yogurt cheese, lemon zest, and vanilla. Beat (using the unwashed mixer beaters) until well blended.
Fold beaten egg whites into cheese mixture. Spoon the mixture into the partially-baked crust. Bake in the oven until center barely jiggles when cheesecake is gently shaken, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool, then cover and chill for up to 1 day.
Melt preserves in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often. Cool, stirring occasionally, until the preserves form a thick syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove pan rim. Mound fresh raspberries on the cheesecake and drizzle with preserve syrup. Chill.
When ready to serve, cut the cheesecake into wedges. Sliding a pie server under each wedge, lift out gently onto individual dessert plates.
Per serving: 172 calories (18% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 4 g total fat (0.9 g saturated fat), 29 g carbohydrates, f1 g dietary fiber, 56 mg cholesterol, 254 mg potassium, 161 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 2 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch, 1 skim milk), 1 fat

link: www.diabetic-recipes.com...

I love tiramisu cakes. I think adding a lot of wine in the recipe goes well with it. hahaha
I've made an oreo cheesecake before and that was heavenly... I wish I worked at a cake shop now. hahha

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Now I'm hungry

Can't wait to try that

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lately i've been eating a lot of Hummus , its awesome .

Makes a great dip , just find something to scoop it up with , eg carrot

Hummus

* 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
* 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed butter)
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
* 1/4 teaspoon each cumin and paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon salt

Drain the beans and reserve the liquid. Process the beans until smooth in a food processor using the steel knife, or mash them well with a potato masher or fork. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.

The mixture should be moist and spreadable. If it is too dry, add enough of the reserved bean liquid to achieve the desired consistency

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh but i have been buying it , im not very confident in making it

[edit on 21-2-2009 by nasacarl]

new topics

top topics

join