It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. President, Keep the Airwaves Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

By RUSH LIMBAUGH

Dear President Obama:

I have a straightforward question, which I hope you will answer in a straightforward way: Is it your intention to censor talk radio through a variety of contrivances, such as "local content," "diversity of ownership," and "public interest" rules -- all of which are designed to appeal to populist sentiments but, as you know, are the death knell of talk radio and the AM band?

You have singled me out directly, admonishing members of Congress not to listen to my show. Bill Clinton has since chimed in, complaining about the lack of balance on radio. And a number of members of your party, in and out of Congress, are forming a chorus of advocates for government control over radio content. This is both chilling and ominous

This is a great article by Rush Limbaugh that lays it on the the line and shows how the "Fairness Doctrine" is unconstitutional. AM Radio is a great bastion of information and entertainment and needs not to be federally regulated in the interest of finding balance. If people wanted to list to something else that isn't on that channel that they are on, they can control programming the old fashion way by changing the channel. If enough people do that then stations will change their programming. It is a true free market and needs not to be tampered with.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hey! A nice web linky would help so I could read the rest of this article.

Anyway, keeping the airwaves free offers different views not normally provided by the 'drive-by' media, which can be very repetitious.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Sorry, I thought that I had it in there. Here is the link the the WSJ. ENjoy the letter.

join