It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Object Photographed Below Crest of Niagara Falls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

What’s truly amazing is the Darryl put on his reporter’s hat and contacted Transport Canada and had the government agency start an investigation focusing on Darryl’s description of the event and his spectacular photo of Niagara Falls.

Link
The man has a good point,
choppers are not allowed to fly below the crest,
maybe its something else?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Looks like a tour helicopter, you can even see the skids

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
anyone have a better link or the actual pic? on my mobile. thx

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Interestingly, the link says that Darryl didn't notice the object when taking the picture.

We have no idea how far from the camera the object is. It may be a bird flying by.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yep, I did my own analysis it looks like a Bell 206 L-3 Jet Ranger

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img27/bellu.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/bellu.jpg/1/w338.png[/IM

Hey Im def no skeptic..but this screams out to me..

[edit on 21-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

look at the size compared to the surroundings. It cant be a helicopter, to small. Bird of some sort, maybe. UFO, definently due to the fact we do not know what it is. So it is an (U)nidentified (F)lying (O)bject

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Yep, I did my own analysis it looks like a Bell 206 L-3 Jet Ranger

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img27/bellu.jpg/1/][IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/bellu.jpg/1/w338.png[/IM

Hey Im def no skeptic..but this screams out to me..

[edit on 21-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

I will go with that

Unless proven otherwise?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Fair play to you if you can see a helicopter in that picture. It must be my eyes cos i cant make it out.
Would a helicopter even get that close to the falls? Pretty reckless if it did.

[edit on 21/2/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i also can't believe a helicopter would fly THAT LOW and SO CLOSE to it, sounds way too dangerous and kamikaze like. but who knows.. maybe it was some brave guy grabbing some close-up footage for his documentary or whatever.. but hey, he could've used the zoom function of his camera from a safer distance... well i don't know what to make of this.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renan
i also can't believe a helicopter would fly THAT LOW and SO CLOSE to it, sounds way too dangerous and kamikaze like. but who knows.. maybe it was some brave guy grabbing some close-up footage for his documentary or whatever.. but hey, he could've used the zoom function of his camera from a safer distance... well i don't know what to make of this.

Yeh!

You should witness what the the Aussie rescue teams do in ravines and mountinous areas to pick up lost and injured bush walkers.

Rotor blades within 8 to 10 metres of rock faces and with up draft?.

But! I can not prove the image as being a chopper

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Note it only appears to be low and close. In fact from the angle it is impossible to determined how close it is with the Mk1.

However the size of a 206 is known, the position of the photographer is known and the size of the falls are known so QED someone (not me) should be able to work out the distance from the observer and therefore the height of the chopper.

PS it looks like a chopper to me and doesn't look particularly hazardous.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It says in the link that no helicopters are allowed to fly lower than the crest of the falls due to winds & extreme moisture.
However i dont think its a UFO.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sorry for being a tad off topic but if you would like to see the falls live this link is a live movable web cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23fa1266fe50.jpg[/atsimg]

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Of course it is possible that it is a heli. Without any exif data in that image, or the original full size , it is difficult to fathom a guess. I will make my guess tho-

Aircraft are not allowed below the rim of the falls any longer.
There does seem to be a bit of CA(chromatic aberration) in that image, again, hard to tell from a compressed image that clearly shows compression artifacts.

Having watched large pieces of ice go over the falls, thats going to be my guess.
A large piece of ice going over, with enough compression artifacts, and CA, that it appears to have skids on it.

Just my measly 2¢

TheWelder

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

It may be that from the angle of the picture the helicopter just appears to be below the crest. It may not be in reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
yeah im a member AndreDC but my pass is at my home comp so, and im lazy, so yeah i live 15 mins away from this, and i agree this is either the tour copter (im on the canadian side) i've been on it and it goes right over the falls, second if you go to the maid of the mist, you will see that when you walk through the tunnels they cut behind the falls, theres i know for sure at least one tunnel that is bored out to see the back of the falls. so like u go underground walk around a bit and then you just see a huge corridor a big metal fence (2 feet tall easily hopped over) and just massive water falling down. anyone been back there? maybe some crazy # launched something into the falls through the tunnel or maybe someone launched themselves. but check it out. i dont know what sites will tell you more clearly but research Canadian falls, and the maid of the mist. tunnels

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
yeah im a member AndreDC but my pass is at my home comp so, and im lazy, so yeah i live 15 mins away from this, and i agree this is either the tour copter (im on the canadian side) i've been on it and it goes right over the falls, second if you go to the maid of the mist, you will see that when you walk through the tunnels they cut behind the falls, theres i know for sure at least one tunnel that is bored out to see the back of the falls. so like u go underground walk around a bit and then you just see a huge corridor a big metal fence (2 feet tall easily hopped over) and just massive water falling down. anyone been back there? maybe some crazy # launched something into the falls through the tunnel or maybe someone launched themselves. but check it out. i dont know what sites will tell you more clearly but research Canadian falls, and the maid of the mist. tunnels

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You cant really see the tail or the blades if it was a chopper..
if it is a chopper, the flier must have a death wish.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

It may be that from the angle of the picture the helicopter just appears to be below the crest. It may not be in reality.

Exactly --

You could draw an imaginary line straight down from the object to the near "edge of solid ground" and say that it is a small object (large bird, tiny alien craft, etc.) that is flying about 75 to 100 feet (25-33 meters) above that part of the ground.

My point is that you can't tell what height the obkect is in relation to the crest of the falls, or even what part of that landscape that it is flying directly above.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Might also be some crap on the lens like a small water droplet.

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join