It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consensus Reality, Quantum Physics and Magick

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Thank you but you don't owe me anything.
But I would love to see your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The trouble is there is a difference between knowing something and "knowing" something.

Most of what defines the general world we live in is subconscious stuff that people are trained to accept from a very young age, they then act as "stabilizers" almost ensuring these things are kept operating the way they normally do.

Even people who may accept ah yes reality is a lie and our place in the world as a race gives us a lot of sway over the nature of the reality we find ourselves in, some of those deep down wont believe it, and that's enough to negate their ability to consciously alter reality on any level, not that doing so is easy anyway.

At the end of the day perception is a bitch, for sure many of us live in different worlds to the "normal" members of society, what one street is to one person, could be something completely different to another.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Personally, I do not belive that reality is a lie.

It is quite real, quite true. It is the only reality we share. It is the only reality we have.

I could not prove this to anyone, but I my life has improved several hundreds of percent since I came to understand the consensus concept of reality.

I avoid negative people and their influence and keep to my happy world, and good comes to me like it never did before. I used to try and push the river and be the best person I could in the worst of worlds. But that only brought the roof down upon my head.

I have no evidence that the improvements in my life condition are the result of accepting this view, not even evidence to myself. But the belief and the improvement remain, and grow stronger over time.

Why don't you give it a try, make an effort to believe that consensus works, and that in particular your expectation has the power to influence the instantiation of the events in your day.

Convince yourself that through believing, small improvements in your life can occur. (This sounds alot like the traditional benefits of religion dosen't it.)

Do not try to picture a specific beneficial change to your world, like winning the lottery. Just think positively that something good will happen today!

Today will be a better day than yesterday, things will go smoother. People will be friendlier toward you.

Give it a few minutes consideration in the morning and evening.
It is a vague enough change to instantiate easily within the preconceptions of others, and yourself. Don't try to materialize a lotus in your palm.

When, it happens recognize that things are going well, or someone was friendly. Respond appropriately to the moment, but do not break the flow of the moment wondering about whether you influenced the outcome of the moment, just accept it, keep it flowing naturally.

Metaphysics is really unimportant when things are going particularly well anyway, isn't it?

You will not prove anything, but you might, occasionally stop to appreciate how life is constantly improving for you, and come to believe that you might be influencing that outcome just by believing you can, and expecting it to get better.

You might also try a slightly more interesting variation on this theme and try set your own expectation that you will actually witness an obvious change in reality. Leave it open, it could be anything. You will know it when you see it. Try to get something to be different from the day before, not a particular thing, just a glimpse of something being different.

Set your expectaiton that you will witness and recognize something being different from one day to the next. I don't know if this would work, but it would sure be interesting if it did.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't think reality is a lie so much as a mutable medium in which we are made up of and interact with and in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join