It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip-hop indeed comes from Freemasonic practices

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight

i say a can of beer that's sweeter than honey
like a millionaire that has no money
like a rainy day that is not wet
like a gamblin fiend that does not bet
like dracula with out his fangs
like the boogie to the boogie without the b oogie bang
like collard greens that dont taste good
like a tree that's not made out of wood
like goin up and not comin down
is just like the beat without the sound no sound
to the beat beat, ya do the freak
everybody just rock and dance to the beat
have you ever went over a friends house to eat
and the food just aint no good
i mean the macaroni's soggy the peas are mushed
and the chicken tastes like wood
so you try to play it off like you think you can
by sayin that youre full
and then your friend says momma he's just being polite
he aint finished uh uh that's bull
so your heart starts pumpin and you think of a lie
and you say that you already ate
and your friend says man there's plenty of food
so you pile some more on your plate
while the stinky foods steamin your mind starts to dreamin
of the moment that it's time to leave
and then you look at your plate and your chickens slowly rottin
into something that looks like cheese
oh so you say that's it i got to leave this place
i dont care what these people think
im just sittin here makin myself nauseous
with this ugly food that stinks
so you bust out the door while its still closed
still sick from the food you ate
and then you run to the store for quick relief
from a bottle of kaopectate
and then you call your friend two weeks later
to see how he has been
and he says i understand about the food
baby bubbah but we're still friends
with a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
the hip hip a hop a you dont stop the rockin
to the bang bang boogie
say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat
i say hank can ya rock

can ya rock to the rhythm that just dont stop
can ya hip me to the shoobie doo
i said come on make the make the people move

In looking at this outtake from a song that is rumored to have started the whole thing, I just don't see the correlation to the Masons.
Whatever rings your chime. Can ya rock?

The Sugarhill Gang was completely engineered. The manager of the group was a woman who held auditions to cast the members. The members they chose had no street credibility. The group was formed strictly as a way to make money off of rap music. Master Gee stole his lyrics from the Coldcrush Brothers. Most connoiseurs see the Sugarhill Gang as a low point in hip-hop.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Actually I'm not wrong about no snitching. I'm sure you've heard of the "blue wall of silence," as well as the Sean Bell case.

Actually yeah the G does mean generativity. Saying that "there is no sexuality in Freemasonry" is a typical denial argument.

Actually you are wrong about snitching. No I have not yet heard of this wall of silence or Sean Bell case (ironically enough I know a Shawn Bell).

If religion is not spoken about in the lodge then why is so much about Freemasonry ripped out of the Bible? And why is there a "Masonic Bible" to begin with?

Much of the legend of Freemasonry (that cannot be definitively proven) is taken from the Old Testament, but our regulations don't want secular talk within the Lodge since it can cause disharmony. There is not a Masonic Bible.

You misspelled "non-sequitir"

Actually it's non-sequitur; we both mispelled it. I fat fingered it.

He's called "the master of ceremonies"

That is in the Scottish Rite only which is only a branch of Freemasonry.

Ok, if the Masonic lodge and the church burn incense, then why should "hip-hop heads" do it too?

To get the smell of weed off of them.

Boaz and Jachin are supposedly the "pillars" of Solomon's Temple. I won't say what they really represent.

Yes, cause the obvious answer is just too unreal.

You've said nothing. Don't waste our time.

Isn't this considered hypocritical?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
at this point I'd rather hear what OP thinks is NOT masonic. I mean, brothas in the hood=masons, the white man keeping him down=masons. gangs=masons, police=masons, rappers=masons, debbie harry=mason.

The whole thing is beginning to remind me of the quote attributed to Mark Twain, that if all that you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Ummm..no. You're out of your effin' mind..nu-uh, no sir, nein, nyet, nah, nosireee bob. Put the crack pipe down and slowly back away..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"B-boy" doesn't mean "brother boy." The word "brother" is used in Freemasonry

Again, is Freemasonry the only body that uses this word? I think not.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well I know of the show but I've never watched it . Do you just assume that would be my only knowledge of Flavour Flav ? You're way off the mark if thats the case. And I'm well aware that Flavour was more of a mascot than an MC , I really don't need any false history lessons from you.
God now I've been sucked into this pointless argument.
Carry on

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Actually I'm not wrong about no snitching. I'm sure you've heard of the "blue wall of silence," as well as the Sean Bell case.

Actually yeah the G does mean generativity. Saying that "there is no sexuality in Freemasonry" is a typical denial argument.

Actually you are wrong about snitching. No I have not yet heard of this wall of silence or Sean Bell case (ironically enough I know a Shawn Bell).

If religion is not spoken about in the lodge then why is so much about Freemasonry ripped out of the Bible? And why is there a "Masonic Bible" to begin with?

Much of the legend of Freemasonry (that cannot be definitively proven) is taken from the Old Testament, but our regulations don't want secular talk within the Lodge since it can cause disharmony. There is not a Masonic Bible.

You misspelled "non-sequitir"

Actually it's non-sequitur; we both mispelled it. I fat fingered it.

He's called "the master of ceremonies"

That is in the Scottish Rite only which is only a branch of Freemasonry.

Ok, if the Masonic lodge and the church burn incense, then why should "hip-hop heads" do it too?

To get the smell of weed off of them.

Boaz and Jachin are supposedly the "pillars" of Solomon's Temple. I won't say what they really represent.

Yes, cause the obvious answer is just too unreal.

You've said nothing. Don't waste our time.

Isn't this considered hypocritical?

[edit on 22-2-2009 by KSigMason]

Actually, I'm not wrong about snitching. Go type "blue wall of silence" into a search engine -- you might learn something.

Masonic legend itself is taken out of the Old Testament, so technically they are discussing religion in the lodge. In addition, Freemasonry discusses other gods like Remphan and Moloch, which are pagan gods. There is indeed a Masonic Bible. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln both did their presidential oath on one. Barack Obama tried to use a Masonic Bible as well.

The Scottish Rite represents Freemasonry, I think we can all agree on that.

It is defamatory to say that all people who enjoy hip-hop also smoke marijuana.

If by "unreal" you mean a lie, then yes

[edit on 22-2-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"B-boy" doesn't mean "brother boy." The word "brother" is used in Freemasonry

Again, is Freemasonry the only body that uses this word? I think not.

Oh sorry, the "International Brotherhood of Teamsters" and the Greek-letter "fraternities" also use it.

The word "brother" used in that way is a throw-back from older cultures. No culture nowadays uses it in that way, except for a reason.

And actually, the word "sista" actually has an even deeper Illuminati significance than "brother"

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

Well I know of the show but I've never watched it . Do you just assume that would be my only knowledge of Flavour Flav ? You're way off the mark if thats the case. And I'm well aware that Flavour was more of a mascot than an MC , I really don't need any false history lessons from you.
God now I've been sucked into this pointless argument.
Carry on

No. If you watched it, you would know that it uses symbolic sex ritualism as an underlying theme. In each of three seasons, there were 20 women vying for the affections of one man. In each season Flav is shown engaging in sexual contact in every episode, and in each season the show insinuates that he's having real sex with at least one of the women.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

the main reason i dont belive this guy is the "G" under the compass. i hate to tell u this grand master flash, but that stands for "sacred geometry", which is a mathmatical way to express our true reality.

you need to study your masons a little more my friend cuz you got the most important symbol wrong...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes, it's true Freemasonry and Secret Societies do have a huge influence on rap music and gangs.

The Freemasons and secret societies kids will be caught up in the webs they laid with everyone else.

I know a ton of kids going to college who blow Dad's money on coke and other drugs.

Oh well, I guess that's what you get for choosing evil.....

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Shawn B.]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

"Stop snitching" obviously comes from Freemasonry.
The word "snitch" is used nowhere in Masonic ritual.

"G" comes from the Freemasonic concept of "generativity." That is why black music has so much sex in it.
The "G" in Freemasonry stands for "Geometry". Nothing more, nothing less.

The "God" in Freemasonry is the male erection.
Not true. There's no phallus worship in Masonry.

A "style" is a tool in Freemasonry given to a candidate during an initiation ritual.
There's no such working tool in Masonry.

"Props" are used during Masonic rituals.
Props are also use by actors. Not all actors are Freemasons.

New York is a hub for York Rite Freemasons.
Not any moreso than any other state. The Grand Encampment of Knights Templar doesn't seem to have any particular preference to NY over any other state. In fact, it appears that all official York Rite Grand Encampment business is done through Houston TX at the moment.

"Coming off the dome" and "coming off the top" are Masonic codewords. "Dome" comes from "domas" which means "the presence of God" in Greek. "Coming off the top" probably refers to the capstone coming off the top of the frustrum ("unfinished pyramid").
Neither phrase is used in Freemasonry.

"Crown" comes from the corona of the sun. Freemasonry is partially a sun-worshipping cult.
Freemasonry, as an organization, doesn't endorse any specific worshipping, solar, Lucifarian or otherwise.

Tommy Hilfiger made clothes in red, blue, yellow, green and white, which are the five colors of the Order of the Eastern Star. They represent the four elements fire, air, earth and water, and the fifth element "acacia" which is the ether.
Acacia is not an element. It's a shrub.

The phrase "rules and regulations" is used in the Masonic lodge.
It's not a terribly unique phrase...

"Ether" is acacia, which is spiritual essence. "Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.
Again, not getting where you find "ether" in any of this.

Tupac Shakur's breakthrough single "I Get Around" comes from a Masonic codeword.
Which codeword would that be. Are you sure he wasn't just quoting The Beach Boys?

Kanye West has been photographed doing all kinds of Masonic things, including wearing a white Baphomet t-shirt.
Considering Baphomet isn't part of Freemasonry, I'd question the rest of your "all kinds of things"

"Crack" refers to the Masonic "Abyss." Freemasons say that after "getting over the abyss" you will be able to transcend good and evil.
There is no abyss in Masonic teachings.

"Everlasting life" and "immortality" are Masonic codewords for the vagina.
No, they're not. The only immortality mentioned in Masonry is when referring to God. Are you saying that God is a vagina?

From "The Message": "Don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge, we're trying not to lose our heads"
Masonic code
Decapitation is not a Masonic penalty.

The phrase "block party" is Masonic code
No, it's not. The concept of partying is not inherent in Masonic ritual. What, pray-tell, is it code for?

The "Rapture" is Masonic code
No. It's not.

I'm sure you've heard of the "blue wall of silence,"
That refers to police officers, not Masons. Are you saying that in addition to all actors being Masons, all cops are too?

Actually, Freemasonry is a sex cult.
You've offered absolutely no links to back up such a preposterous assertion.

The "sun" is a symbol of the erect penis.
How exactly is a blazing orb of gas phallic?

Actually, you'll find that nobody will agree with you about that. Because it's not true.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

you are buggin!! shoalin is not long island. try staten. and a cipher is a circle. 360%. If being in a cipher was rappers "deciphering the mind", then why isn't it called decipher. make sense first then make change. and fall back!!!! started in gang culture??? sound more like a military command. you're giving definitions of terms that we already know and saying this is what they actually mean!! we already know the meanings you're stating. if master of ceremonies is a masonic term (read the other postings, thats my understanding of what I read)where did a black dude from the "hood" get it from??? the word ceremony isn't used too tuff in the "hood"!!!and I've never heard it used anywhere else! though you are partially right, the Nation has had a heavy influence over hip hop. what you have to understand is Masonry and and the Nation deal with a some of the same lessons. that's why the Nation are the 5% (prt)and the masons are the 10%. (but thats another topic) sounds like you know little about both. you should do more research before you jump out there with some of the ignorant statements you made. from the beginning Long Island aka Shaolin??? where are ou even from to have said somethin so blatently wrong. and Folks didn't originate the pants up thing!! they may do it, but they didn't originate it "whoadie". git ya facts right man.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Actually, I'm not wrong about snitching. Go type "blue wall of silence" into a search engine -- you might learn something.

Here is what I found:

blue wall of silence - the secrecy of police officers who lie or look the other way to protect other police officers; "the blue wall cracked when some officers refused to take part in the cover-up"

Nope, nothing about Freemasonry here.

Masonic legend itself is taken out of the Old Testament, so technically they are discussing religion in the lodge.

We are talking about a historical event that just so happens to be in the Bible. The fact is secular talk is not allowed in Lodge.

George Washington and Abraham Lincoln both did their presidential oath on one. Barack Obama tried to use a Masonic Bible as well.

That Bible was not Masonic Bibles, but just a Bible used in the Lodge. The Lodge uses the Holy Book of the predominant religion. In quite a few Lodges its the Holy Bible, in some I've been to its the Torah. There is nothing more or less in Bibles in Lodges than anything you would find in a church/mosque/synagogue.

Abraham Lincoln was not a Freemason.

It doesn't represent all of Freemasonry, just that branch. It only represents the entire fraternity in the eyes of non-members.

To go off a few things that JoshNorton just posted:

- Not all cops are Freemasons; my dad's a cop and I'm the first in my family to be a Mason.
- Assertions don't equal absolutes

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

the main reason i dont belive this guy is the "G" under the compass. i hate to tell u this grand master flash, but that stands for "sacred geometry", which is a mathmatical way to express our true reality.

you need to study your masons a little more my friend cuz you got the most important symbol wrong...

I suppose you are going to lie about the significance of the square and compass as well

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

"Stop snitching" obviously comes from Freemasonry.
The word "snitch" is used nowhere in Masonic ritual.

"G" comes from the Freemasonic concept of "generativity." That is why black music has so much sex in it.
The "G" in Freemasonry stands for "Geometry". Nothing more, nothing less.

The "God" in Freemasonry is the male erection.
Not true. There's no phallus worship in Masonry.

A "style" is a tool in Freemasonry given to a candidate during an initiation ritual.
There's no such working tool in Masonry.

"Props" are used during Masonic rituals.
Props are also use by actors. Not all actors are Freemasons.

New York is a hub for York Rite Freemasons.
Not any moreso than any other state. The Grand Encampment of Knights Templar doesn't seem to have any particular preference to NY over any other state. In fact, it appears that all official York Rite Grand Encampment business is done through Houston TX at the moment.

"Coming off the dome" and "coming off the top" are Masonic codewords. "Dome" comes from "domas" which means "the presence of God" in Greek. "Coming off the top" probably refers to the capstone coming off the top of the frustrum ("unfinished pyramid").
Neither phrase is used in Freemasonry.

"Crown" comes from the corona of the sun. Freemasonry is partially a sun-worshipping cult.
Freemasonry, as an organization, doesn't endorse any specific worshipping, solar, Lucifarian or otherwise.

Tommy Hilfiger made clothes in red, blue, yellow, green and white, which are the five colors of the Order of the Eastern Star. They represent the four elements fire, air, earth and water, and the fifth element "acacia" which is the ether.
Acacia is not an element. It's a shrub.

The phrase "rules and regulations" is used in the Masonic lodge.
It's not a terribly unique phrase...

"Ether" is acacia, which is spiritual essence. "Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.
Again, not getting where you find "ether" in any of this.

Tupac Shakur's breakthrough single "I Get Around" comes from a Masonic codeword.
Which codeword would that be. Are you sure he wasn't just quoting The Beach Boys?

Kanye West has been photographed doing all kinds of Masonic things, including wearing a white Baphomet t-shirt.
Considering Baphomet isn't part of Freemasonry, I'd question the rest of your "all kinds of things"

"Crack" refers to the Masonic "Abyss." Freemasons say that after "getting over the abyss" you will be able to transcend good and evil.
There is no abyss in Masonic teachings.

"Everlasting life" and "immortality" are Masonic codewords for the vagina.
No, they're not. The only immortality mentioned in Masonry is when referring to God. Are you saying that God is a vagina?

From "The Message": "Don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge, we're trying not to lose our heads"
Masonic code
Decapitation is not a Masonic penalty.

The phrase "block party" is Masonic code
No, it's not. The concept of partying is not inherent in Masonic ritual. What, pray-tell, is it code for?

The "Rapture" is Masonic code
No. It's not.

I'm sure you've heard of the "blue wall of silence,"
That refers to police officers, not Masons. Are you saying that in addition to all actors being Masons, all cops are too?

Actually, Freemasonry is a sex cult.
You've offered absolutely no links to back up such a preposterous assertion.

The "sun" is a symbol of the erect penis.
How exactly is a blazing orb of gas phallic?

Actually, you'll find that nobody will agree with you about that. Because it's not true.

Not the actual phrase "stop snitching" just the concept

Nope, some Masons say that it also stands for "God," which is actually closer to the truth than "geometry"

Typical denial arguments

I never said that they were used in Freemasonry

The acacia shrub is a shrub, but the word "acacia" is also used to mean the ether

Maybe the Beach Boys were using Masonic code?

Baphomet comes from a pagan god, symbolizing Freemasons' worship of pagan deities. He uses light and dark imagery, and has been photographed doing grips and signs

More denial arguments

God is not immortality itself

That phrase was not describing a Masonic penalty

I never said all of anything. Typical misquote

Just type "Freemasonry" and "cult" in a search engine

It's a symbol, just like how stock futures symbolize changes in the economy

So the Scottish Rite is not associated with Freemasonry?

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Here is what I found:

blue wall of silence - the secrecy of police officers who lie or look the other way to protect other police officers; "the blue wall cracked when some officers refused to take part in the cover-up"

Nope, nothing about Freemasonry here.

Masonic legend itself is taken out of the Old Testament, so technically they are discussing religion in the lodge.

We are talking about a historical event that just so happens to be in the Bible. The fact is secular talk is not allowed in Lodge.

George Washington and Abraham Lincoln both did their presidential oath on one. Barack Obama tried to use a Masonic Bible as well.

That Bible was not Masonic Bibles, but just a Bible used in the Lodge. The Lodge uses the Holy Book of the predominant religion. In quite a few Lodges its the Holy Bible, in some I've been to its the Torah. There is nothing more or less in Bibles in Lodges than anything you would find in a church/mosque/synagogue.

Abraham Lincoln was not a Freemason.

It doesn't represent all of Freemasonry, just that branch. It only represents the entire fraternity in the eyes of non-members.

To go off a few things that JoshNorton just posted:

- Not all cops are Freemasons; my dad's a cop and I'm the first in my family to be a Mason.
- Assertions don't equal absolutes

Many cops are Freemasons

Only religious bodies assert that the Old Testament is historical fact.

If religion is not discussed, then why keep religious tomes in the lodge? Maybe talk of religion is forbidden at hotels as well?
Actually, Abraham Lincoln was a Freemason, as well John Wilkes Booth

That's what I mean, by most people it represents Freemasonry

I never said all cops. Typical misquote.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The acacia shrub is a shrub, but the word "acacia" is also used to mean the ether
By whom? The Oxford English Dictionary, considered by most to be the most thorough index of the history of the English language, has the following listings:

accacia(1)

[a. Lat. acacia, a. Gr. , of uncertain origin; perh. containing a point, in reference to its thorns.]

1. Bot. A genus of Leguminous shrubs or trees, of the Mimosa tribe, found in the warmer regions of the Old World; several species of which yield Gum Acacia or Gum Arabic, Catechu, and other products; they form in Australia thickets called scrubs.

2. pop. The North-American Locust-tree, called also False-Acacia (Robinia pseud-Acacia), with sweet-scented white flowers, grown as an ornamental tree in England.

3. Med. The inspissated juice of the unripe fruit of species of Acacia and Mimosa, used as a drug.

accacia(2)

Obs.
‘Something resembling a kind of roll or bag, seen on medals in the hands of several of the consuls and emperors, from the time of Anastatius.’ Chambers Cycl. 1751. ‘Filled with earth...to remind him of his frailty and mortality.’ Chambers Suppl.
And just to verify that none of its roots point to "ether" either, Acacine is "Pure gum arabic." and Acacio is "A heavy, durable wood of the red mahogany character, but darker and plainer; it is highly esteemed in ship-building."

None have anything to do with ether.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Only religious bodies assert that the Old Testament is historical fact.

This is true, but Freemasonry does not assert that the OT is historical fact. It simply draws inspiration from the OT in its allegories and metaphors. It is not required of any Freemason that he believe the OT to be historically factual.

Actually, Abraham Lincoln was a Freemason, as well John Wilkes Booth

Neither Lincoln nor Booth were Freemasons.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Nope, some Masons say that it also stands for "God," which is actually closer to the truth than "geometry"
That's awfully anglocentric of you. The translated word for "geometry" still starts with a "G" in just about every western language, whereas most languages besides German and some of the Scandinavian countries, "God" starts with a "D". I've never seen a square & compass with a "D" in the middle. Have you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join