It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip-hop indeed comes from Freemasonic practices

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Originally posted by Loke.
mate you are way off base here, i did start my musical career around 84 and it started with Hip hop, and as in all genres we stayed true to hip hop. We never heard anything around any freemasonery in that circle of trust. Sorry to burst you ideas here..

Also please take a look on this Eminem video and then tell me again that he is high fiving the Freemason´s
Video here cannot be embeded

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Loke.]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Loke.]

First of all, hip-hop started in the 70's.

The "Illuminati" has always co-opted every pre-existing social movement, including Freemasonry and hip-hop. Coincidentally, Afrika Bambaataa never invented hip-hop but claims ownership of it through the "Universal Zulu Nation."

That song is called "Mosh"
Is that "Freemason's" or "Freemasons" ? There isn't any high-fiving, but there are lots of other hand signs.
I'm sure you know that the book Eminem is reading is "My Pet Goat." The "anti-war movement" and anti-authoritatianism are the Illuminati playing one side against the other. The people are wearing "revolutionary" military fatigues and black "hoods," which are more Illuminati symbols.

I can see that you truly believe this stuff, so ill just let you be. Even though you are WAYYY off base.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
I bet a lot of rappers would be happy to hear this, and would probably go along with it too.

rappers get all this money and fame and still the world refuses to take them seriously. that could breed insecurities and drive to project yourself as someone important.

I would never believe rappers are masons, but i would believe masons use rap as a tool to dumb down the masses. keep potential smart kids in the deep abyse of "yo yo" "bling bling" "me me me" "look at my chain." fools listen to fools

Many black men feel the need to support the hegemony, in order to escape poverty. Many more (deluded) black men see Freemasonry as a solution to poverty in "the black community."

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
this is a terribe list and all speculative in nature

come on man, you gotta do better than this

why would black guys from the ghetto get rich and wan't to join a society of a bunch of old, crusty, white guys?

yea, instead of partying and living the life as a rap star

let's go into old temples and drink blood?

Ask Barack Obama why he wanted to join the CFR, and Michelle Obama why she wanted to join AKA

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"Urban" in its current usage is a misnomer. It was originally a place for the wealthy. "Taking back the ghetto" has its roots Marxism.

Yet, the most 'urban' environments that Marx talked about - and I live literally only a couple of miles from some of the grimmest places mentioned in Engels' 'The Condition of the Working Class in England' and now live in a town that, whilst wasn't the worst, is still mentioned dozens of times - were anything but 'wealthy'.

The wealthy, by-and-large, have always lived outside of the most 'urban' areas since the industrial age. Pre-industrial age it was slightly different, but then again, that refers to an age before Marx and the issues that Marx was concerned about.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think you've put a lot of thought into this and supported your ideas pretty well. It shows a lot of lateral thinking.
Also, you've taken the time to set it out. Good work.

I disagree with you almost entirely though. If you look into the the Last Poets, Gil Scott Heron through to 70s block parties, Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel you'll see that it's got no basis in any freemasonry. A lot of people don't know it but hip hop is a diverse culture.

Esoteric rituals and secret groups have never been much of a feature in hip hop.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ask Barack Obama why he wanted to join the CFR, and Michelle Obama why she wanted to join AKA

Well, they attended Harvard.

Most rappers are Middle School drop-outs.

A wee bit, different, my friend!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I think you've put a lot of thought into this and supported your ideas pretty well. It shows a lot of lateral thinking.

Yeah - I'll endorse this viewpoint. The OP has taken a lot of time on his post and I think more folks should take the post in the spirit in which it was intended.

I don't have an explanation for some of the more common hip-hop slang words like "yo," "ill," "dope," "fresh," "dis," "blunt," "dime" and "shorty."

Blunt is easy, as most of the swords used in freemasonry are indeed such, to avoid unexpected injury to a cowan or intruder. During the perambulations in the degrees the deacons need to "turn on a dime" sometimes to maintain the flow of the ceremony. And Shorty is clearly a reference to those individuals who are height-challenged - as referenced in the "Cash or Charge in the North-East" from the first degree ceremony of the Odds-Bodkins (who were founded by some people who knew some freemasons once).

Keep up the good work vcwxvwligen

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I disagree with you almost entirely though. If you look into the the Last Poets, Gil Scott Heron through to 70s block parties, Grandmaster Flash and Melle Mel you'll see that it's got no basis in any freemasonry. A lot of people don't know it but hip hop is a diverse culture.

Esoteric rituals and secret groups have never been much of a feature in hip hop.

"block" parties, hello ?

The Last Poets and Gil Scott Heron used Marxist jargon, and did songs with the word "revolution" in the title. Gil Scott Heron is not considered rap music, but spoken-word poetry

"Grandmaster" and "Flash" are both Masonic codewords, as is "Grandwizard" as in "Grandwizard Theodore"

From "The Message": "Don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge, we're trying not to lose our heads"
Masonic code

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

An uneducated man would have an even greater incentive to join a secret society and escape the cycle of poverty.

Actually, many groups formed on college campuses, especially during the 80s and 90s. Def Jam Records was formed on a college campus

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

An uneducated man would have an even greater incentive to join a secret society and escape the cycle of poverty.

Actually, many groups formed on college campuses, especially during the 80s and 90s. Def Jam Records was formed on a college campus

ok, ? ? ?

what are we even talking about at this point?, an uneducated man has a greater incentive to join a secret society

wow, some impressive logic?

could u be any more broad and speculative? now your a jr phycologist ?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ConservativeJack]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

"block" parties, hello ?

The Last Poets and Gil Scott Heron used Marxist jargon, and did songs with the word "revolution" in the title. Gil Scott Heron is not considered rap music, but spoken-word poetry

"Grandmaster" and "Flash" are both Masonic codewords, as is "Grandwizard" as in "Grandwizard Theodore"

From "The Message": "Don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge, we're trying not to lose our heads"
Masonic code

Check your history. The roots of hiphop, specifically rap, began with spoken word poetry. They rhymed over beats and hiphop was born. Where did the first MCs rap over beats? Block parties.

Pre-empting your next response....there are two definitions for MC

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What I'm seeing on this thread is a lot of disrespect to the art of rap and the hip-hop culture in general.

That is a big mistake to be making, especially in this day and age. Everyone should know by now that you are to NEVER underestimate anything person, place, thing, idea, etc...

Like it or not, rap is very powerful in today's society, shaping more young minds than any other art form around.

I think the OP makes really good connections. The proof is out there, and you just have been given a good deal of it. Do with it what you will....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
What I'm seeing on this thread is a lot of disrespect to the art of rap and the hip-hop culture in general.

That is a big mistake to be making, especially in this day and age. Everyone should know by now that you are to NEVER underestimate anything person, place, thing, idea, etc...

Like it or not, rap is very powerful in today's society, shaping more young minds than any other art form around.

I think the OP makes really good connections. The proof is out there, and you just have been given a good deal of it. Do with it what you will....

stop dude

just stop

rap?

it hit its prime in the 90s when they 2pac and Big died

it doesn't sell anymore

rap isn't big anymore

nobody is buying rap cds

theres no big rap stars

stop pretending

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The incentive will be there but will social mobility offer the opportunity to join an existing 'secret society'? Secret societies, more so than 'private clubs' generally get to pick and choose who joins their ranks and make-up their own rules too - no real equal opportunities or non-discrimination policies apply.

Generally speaking, what would an "uneducated man" with limited prospects &c. have to offer in terms of membership application? Incentive?

Def Jam Records was formed on a college campus

Is Rick Rubin really a good example here? Growing up in a relatively nice, middle-class neighbourhood, attending New York University, interest in Law School?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess

stop dude

just stop

rap?

it hit its prime in the 90s when they 2pac and Big died

it doesn't sell anymore

rap isn't big anymore

nobody is buying rap cds

theres no big rap stars

stop pretending

The music that you consider to be worthy of the rap title is of your own opinion. I don't disagree with your opinion, actually.

What I'm talking about is all the music that is being labled rap nowadays. It may not be to your (or my) liiking, but it is still called rap.

There are no big rap stars? Really? I have never seen rap stars with so much power and prestige as they have today.

Talent? Questionable. Power? DEFINITELY.

And it begs to be answered, where does the power come from? I highly doubt that Jay Z could have entrepreneured his way up the ladder to where he is today.

There's definitley an agenda, folks. This is the ENTERTAINMENT industry we're talking about, after all. It is an artistic discipline, which means there are rules.

Don't underestimate it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So Blondie was from a secret society?
Since after all she was the first one to put hip hop/rap in recorded music.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Interesting thread.
Personally I think hip-hop has 'evolved' so much that it is no longer hip hop, both in sound and messages within. It used to be about striving for freedom, fighting against TPTB and being strong in the face of depression and accepting of one's brother man. Somewhere along the line the wrong people came into hip hop and took the fashion element to a new extreme and created 'bling'. Money, hoes, bling, look at my 3 ounces, 5 bank accounts and a ziilion vehicles (or something).
Hip hop is dead. RIP

However, you may find these videos linkng modern 'hip hop' (ahem) to Illuminati interesting.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

This is a non-sequitar argument. I'm going to comment on certain points you made, but first I must say this. Just because a group of people has some custom doesn't mean they are the only ones who use it.

I don't get where you say "no snitching" is a Masonic thing. We instruct our members to keep the secrets they have been entrusted with. If you are alluding to that we don't snitch to the authorities if a brother has a committed a crime, you are even more wrong.

The whole "dame" comment isn't even related to Freemasonry. The clothing comment made me laugh.

The "G" does not mean generativity. I guess the obvious answer is just too obvious for you. There is no sexuality in Freemasonry.

Again, for the millionth time, there is no god of Freemasonry. There is only the God the individual brother worships. We allow men of every faith in and do not push one religious view or the other; religion and politics is not to be spoken about in the Lodge.

You seem to have a lot of sexual leaning beliefs about the Freemasons? Do you think we are a sexual cult? We are not.

You are desperately trying to connect dots (style, fly, etc) to Freemasonry. Probably, might be, these are not words that impress upon the reader that Freemasonry is "indeed" connected to hip-hop. You speak of absolutes, but back it up using possibilities and coincidences.

"Props" are used during Masonic rituals.

So Freemasonry is the only group that uses props? No one else in the entire world uses props? This is just more evidence for my non-sequitar statement.

You've basically taken a few words that may be Masonic and tried to tie them to hip-hop. From reading your thread I can tell you don't know the true meaning of anything Masonic, but you've still tried to connect some dots.

A "master of ceremonies" is present at every Masonic lodge.

What position is this called?

The phrase "It's on" probably comes from "Jah-Bul-On."

How does "It's on" probably comes from "Jah-Bul-On."? How? You are reaching here?

The burning of incense comes from the same initiation rite.

Churches do this too.

And how is Freemasonry "partially" a sun-worshipping cult? How do you partially worship?

Boaz and Jachin are in the Bible so using your thinking process hip-hop comes from the Bible.

Blue is the color for Craft Masonry (the Blue Lodge) because the color blue denotes loyalty. The Military Intelligence Corps of the US Army uses Blue as their color.

You can't use probabilities to show absolutes, it's a not a logical argument.

The phrase "I am that I am" also comes from the Bible; Exodus 3:14 (KJV)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by On_The_Level

Somehow a poor mutation of the English language is Masonic. Didn't you know?

Again, what's with the sexuality complex?

reply to post by Kandinsky

No it was illogical and badly done. He spoke of absolutes, but supported it with possibles or probables.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

"block" parties, hello ?

Masonic code

Check your history. The roots of hiphop, specifically rap, began with spoken word poetry. They rhymed over beats and hiphop was born. Where did the first MCs rap over beats? Block parties.

Pre-empting your next response....there are two definitions for MC

"MC'ing" started out as meaningless gibberish "bob to the bob to the bob the bob the bob" which then evolved into "rapping." Rapping or MC'ing is only one "element" of hip-hop.

The phrase "block party" is Masonic code

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join