It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip-hop indeed comes from Freemasonic practices

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

He's referencing the Masons, so what? A lot of people would associate giving signs with the Masons. You have heard of metaphors right?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You do realize that Hiphop comes from the Jamaican reggae culture?
There's absolutely nothing masonic about that.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Skittle

One can't say that Hip-Hop comes from a single source. Look into DJ Kool Herc, Grand Wizard Theodore, the roots of B-Boy Funk, Kraftwerk(hm...) and Electro Breaks, The Last Poets, and many other sources. Soul, Jazz, Rock, etc.

As for Reggae culture, I had mentioned earlier that it is almost certain that Haile Selassie was a (Free)Mason(I still don't fully understand the difference between Masonry and Freemasonry).

Masonry vs. Freemasonry: which one is original ?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The topic is really stretching it. Rapping probably originated in Louisiana according to some Black hiphop writers but it has been credited to Kool Herc from the Bronx. All the Sedgwick and Cedar stuff, the rapping on the mike there, look it up on the net.

The jargon and actions mostly originated within the Black community but of course there are freemansonry elements linked with the occult in the worst sense that try to co-opt/subvert people's movements to use them for their own purposes. Just as Jay Z and other lackeys are repaying the favor by using occult symbolism associated with dark elements in their music and videos like the useful idiots they are.

It's interesting though that things such as sagging pants exposing underwear originated in jail but most likely not in the way these gangstas, hood people think. Apparently showing off your underwear and the crack of your ass was saying you liked men although that has been interpreted as having no belt in jail. Whatever.

Interesting that after he screwed in business his partner Damon Dash, Jay Z was photographed on holiday with Will Smith who has probably a well deserved rep for swinging both ways, with his pants down showing off his underwear. People like Jay Z and Will Smith who are believed because of good reason to be on the downlow (DL - with guys) (photo evidence, people in those communities who know the guys they sleep with) are also likely the entertainment industry's serfs because of that kind of dirt they have on them.

The glamorous life aint what it seems, these people live in fear because of what they have to do behind the scenes for the powerful who have dirt on them.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
More Masonic Hip-Hop:

The Lost Children of Babylon - The Mistery Reader

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

deleted post after coming to the decision the OP will not be swayed on this topic.

[edit on 12/10/09 by Darkside Agent]

[edit on 12/10/09 by Darkside Agent]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkside Agent

deleted post after coming to the decision the OP will not be swayed on this topic.
Truer words never typed.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkside Agent

Why delete it if it was completed? Cast no pearls before swine?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Well, i have read this entire thread, whenever somebody contests what the OP has written, and gives a valid point for it or whatever, the OP just dismisses it or informs the poster that they dont have the knowledge or if a mason replies, that they are too low in the chain (incorrect) to know about this.

Every point in the OP didnt have any evidence or proof to back it up, no original links. Everything was just stated as: This is the way it is...FACT!!

I am a brand new member but been lurking for a while, and i thought that when a thread was created, you had to back up your claims unless it was in the skunk works or gray area.....apparently not it seems...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA...Mainstream rappers talking about selling crack and killing people are informing us of what our own government is doing to us. They're trying to wake us up the hard way..its the only way the Paganists will learn. "Money, Power, Respect, 3 the hard way" - Lil Wayne .."3 words you neva hear, let em live" hahahaha.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

The "G" in Freemasonry stands for "Geometry". Nothing more, nothing less.

Wrong thats just low level Masons are told, G means Generative principle as stated by Albert Pike here:

"The Generative principle represented by the leter G initial of the name of the deity in the languages of the north and the meaning whereof is generation." Morals and Dogma p632
books.google.com...,&hl=en&ei=Ts5ATqCUN5DViAKahumgBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&r esnum=2&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=g&f=false

Not true. There's no phallus worship in Masonry

Yeah all those Obelisks just happened to be shaped like that. What d you think people are that stupid?
The Egyptians built Obelisks to symbolize the phallus. Then Freemasonry just happens to be very Egyptian in nature, and has Obelisks everywhere Freemasonry is prevalent like Washington DC, and in London.

Here is more proof from Pike:

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two. The human unity is made complete by the right and left. The primitive man was of both sexes. The Divinity, one in its essence, has two essential conditions as fundamental bases of its existence--Necessity and Liberty.

The laws of the Supreme Reason necessitate and regulate liberty in God, who is necessarily reasonable and wise.

Knowledge supposes the binary. An object known is indispensable to the being that knows.

The binary is the generator of Society and the law. It is also the number of the gnosis, a word adopted in lieu of Science and expressing only the idea of cognizance by intuition. It is Unity, multiplying itself by itself to create; and therefore it is that the Sacred Symbols make Eve issue from the very chest of Adam.

Adam is the human Tetragram, which is summed up in the mysterious Yod of the Kabalah, image of the Kabalistic Phallus. Add to this Yod [ Phallus ], the ternary name of Eve, and you form the name of Jehovah, the Divine Tetragramn, the transcendent Kabalistic and magical word

Thus it is that Unity, complete in the fecundity of the Ternary, forms, with it, the Quaternary, which is the key of all numbers, movements, and forms.

The Square, turning upon itself, produces the circle equal to itself, and the circular movement of four equal angles turning around one point, is the quadrature of the circle.

The Binary serves as a measure for Unity; and the relation of equality between the Above and the Below, forms with them the Ternary.

To us, Creation is Mechanism: to the Ancients it was Generation. The world-producing egg figures in all cosmogonies; and modern science has discovered that all animal production is oviparous. From this idea of generation came the reverence everywhere paid the image of generative power [ sexual reproduction ], which formed the Stauros [ male organ ] of the Gnostics, and the philosophical Cross of the Masons.
"

Pike goes more in detail, Morals and Dogma 771-772
books.google.com... snum=2&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Mackey also refers to Freemasonry being Phallic here.
A Manual of the Lodge p56
books.google.com... lt&resnum=2&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=A%20Manual%20of%20the%20Lodge&f=false
edit on 8/9/2011 by Unilluminist because: details

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unilluminist

That is the interpretation of Albert Pike and not the interpretation for everyone. Pike doesn't have absolute authority in all things esoteric in Freemasonry. His book is a representation of his opinion, same goes for Mackey. Symbols can have more than one meaning. Only the ignorant think a symbol has a singular, exclusive definition.

Please tell me where in any Masonic ritual the "obelisk" appears and what is its significance? Also, what importance would the Obelisk have to Washington? And how does that relate to Freemasonry?
edit on 9-8-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
the only paralelism i can draw out of this, is that masons react pretty much like hip hop groupies when they get attacked.

wich is all fair though.

but how about choosing and picking your battles carefully? instead of jumping each time one disses your crew..

this thread is absurd, ignorant and baseless.
yet ats's resident masons are entertaining this, like they entertain any thread that goes at freemasonry.
even when its silly as this.

the op is right about one thing though, all here are low level masons.

higher level masons would just laugh and ignore such an ignorant thread.

i guess one thing is true to both hip hop and freemasonry

"it aint no fun when the homies cant get none"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

So it's wrong that I stand up against fallacies and lies? Is it wrong to stand up for a friend? We just try to correct the misinformation put out there. We're not necessarily trying to change the mind of the extremists, but rather the other readers who don't always have a closed mind.

How are we low level Masons? We have Masons who are members of various Rites, have held various positions, and have had different experiences, but hold to the same truths. I've discussed in length the structure and hierarchy of Freemasonry. I mean, you can't really ALL are low level as you don't know where each of us sits in the branches of Freemasonry. I've even discussed on the absurdity of a "secret inner core" and how with our decentralized, independent organizations that a singular secret group could not control us, particularly with our legislative, judicial, and executive system.

I mean it is kind of ridiculous for a non-member to define the membership of an organization, and for people to take them serious. To get specific, we've had men who hold the 32nd, KCCH, and 33rd in the Scottish Rite, and men who are Sir Knights in the Order of Temple, and who are also members of invitational only groups within the York Rite.

Don't you find a little arrogant when you say you know more than actual members? I mean logically speaking, non-Masons would know less than even the "low level" Masons. I mean, with this line of thinking you guys think you could come tell me how to fly my aircraft by what you read on the internet.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

see you did it again.
you reacted in a personal way.

i have no issues with masons, the ones here who are always ready to shed light on doubts and misconceptions.
i have no problem with that.

the point i made, is when you seem to respond and mobrush any time freemasonry is mentioned, regardless of it being a legitimate question or just a baseless or ignorant claim to wich the best answer would be no answer.

you guys just cant let *snip slide, you always have to react in a personal way, like any offense or ill word said about freemasonry is an actual personal offense to you.
you cant seem to detach from it, so dont be surprised and offended each time people get suspicious or call you a cult.
because thats how you behave, like cult members.

is it too much to ask?

a little moderation and restraint?

when you dont show that, you expect those who oppose you to?

so in essence, dont complain about misconceptions or ignorance when you're feeding it every single time, even and specially when you try to fight it.

so if you are masons and with no issues to show it. good
theres no point in hiding it.

shedding doubts and sharing light on subjects.
good, thats what we want.

but when you all start to attack and gang up on some of the more ignorant post and posters and proceed to pat eachothers backs.

excuse me but thats when you start to look just like any other gang of internet trolls.

this is a critique, yes. but i have made my best to make it constructive.

im not in this life to be against or for anything.

that is the way it is, how it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

vcwxvwligen, wait until you get into Jazz. you'll be able to re-write american history. it all leads up to Funk, and once you've got the funk you'll be able to understand the secrets of the universe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

vcwxvwligen, wait until you get into Jazz. you'll be able to re-write american history. it all leads up to Funk, and once you've got the funk you'll be able to understand the secrets of the universe.

Well on that same note we have the fact that Disco is Wiccan, Country Music has great Buddist undertones, New Age music like Enya is clearly representative of radical Islam, Polka is Satanic and Folk Music is the pure haven of the Illuminati!

I am simply waiting for the OP's foray into those depths!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jouseroni

My music's strong enough to stop a bomb
I'm putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom
Who you think idea that it was to stop Saddam?
Who you think idea that was to drop the bomb?
You get your # rocked ma like Mustafa song
You blowing smoke you mother#er, you should cop a bong
The nine Taurus jam a little bit, the Glock is strong
I move brutal and use voodoo like Papa Shango
Over a billion Muslims, you could never stop Islam
Over a billion bullets shooting from the chopper's arm
The backstage filled with liquor and a lot of traum'
Cause it's been hard on Vinnie since my father's gone
I'm about to blow the #ing horns like it was Rosh Hashanah
This is the calm before the storm, Armageddon dawn
Carry a mother#er head that I shred in Nam
I speak literally, figuratively, the prophet gone

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Pretty sure the hip hop "term" grip comes from the rappers ability to have a grip on his money. ie a large wad of cash sitting in your hand that you have a grip on cause it's so much.

Hood. refers to neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
All this really stems from the snake brain
Feed Fight Fear and Fornicate- Highly ritualistic and symbolic.

If anything... this snake DnA needs not be re engineered but done away with entirely. Its useless and its about to destroy everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join