It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip-hop indeed comes from Freemasonic practices

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

• "Stop snitching" obviously comes from Freemasonry.
  • "Grip" was a word from the 90's meaning a lot of money
  • The rap group De La Soul has referred to Long Island, NY as "Strong Island."
  • "Dame" was another word from the 90's, meaning a "bitch." It probably comes from "Chevaliers de l'Ordre de Notre-Dame de Sion." Isis has been called "The Black Madonna" and "Notre-Dame de Lumiere."
  • The word "hood" refers not to hooded sweatshirts, but to the Gnostic Christians who inspired Freemasonry. The word "hood" was also a nickname for the Rothschilds, who snuck around in hoods. "Robbin' hoods" were bankers who robbed people of their money. During a Masonic initiation, the candidate is "hood-winked"
  • Raising of the pant leg and opening the shirt or jacket to bare a "breast" comes from Masonic initiation rituals. For the 1st degree, it's the left side, and for the 2nd degree, it's the right side. During the 80's and 90's people would also wear overalls or a sweatshirt with a bare "breast." In the early 90's women also wore tight button-down shirts so that their breasts were bare from the side.
  • "B" comes from the bee, which is an Ancient Egyptian symbol and a symbol used in Freemasonry.
  • "G" comes from the Freemasonic concept of "generativity." That is why black music has so much sex in it.
  • "Fat" (phat) in German is "dick."
  • The "God" in Freemasonry is the male erection. Cultures many 1000's of years ago noticed that it produces "life." Freemasonry exists to pass on these "ancient secrets."
  • The "Earth" has always been used in Freemasonry to symbolize the female half of the reproductive process. Gold and oil (semen) are "the immortal part of man which bring warmth to the Earth and set her streams running free."
  • The phrase "to bone" comes from the Hebrew word "boneh" which means "builder." It is also a Hebrew colloquialism meaning a woman who accepts the child of her husband's mistress.
  • "Son" comes from Hiram Abiff, the "widow's son."
  • "To build" in hip-hop culture means to nurture a new relationship.
  • "Snakes" and "biters" probably refer to the Oroborous.
  • A "style" is a tool in Freemasonry given to a candidate during an initiation ritual.
  • Using one system of encoding used in hip-hop as well as prison culture, "style" was often changed into "steeze." The word "cheese" can also be code for "chisel" (a tool of a mason). This introduces another system of encoding, where the word "#" is changed into "shizzle."
  • "Fly" probably refers to either the phoenix or Isis, who is sometimes depicted with wings.
  • "Props" are used during Masonic rituals.
  • The "pound" is actually the Masonic "Five Points of Fellowship."
  • The East Coast/West Coast and East Side/West Side rivalries have their roots in Freemasonic lore, which describes a rivalry between the knights of the east and the knights of the west. The double-headed eagle represents rule over both sides.
  • Hip-hop culture and Masonic "temples" originate in the north-east.
  • "To break north" then obviously means to break ground for a new temple.
  • New York is a hub for York Rite Freemasons.
  • Rapper Wyclef has referred to New Jersey as "New Jerusalem."
  • "Duke" probably comes from the Duke of York.
  • A "master of ceremonies" is present at every Masonic lodge.
  • "Sword" refers to Tyler's Sword, which guards the Book of Constitutions. This is part of a Masonic initiation.
  • The phrase "It's on" probably comes from "Jah-Bul-On."
  • "To fall back" and "pull up" obviously come from the initiation rite of a Master Mason.
  • The phrase "I can't and I won't" comes from the same initiation rite.
  • The burning of incense comes from the same initiation rite.
  • A "cypher" is a book describing Masonic rituals.
  • "The corner" and "the block" are Masonic codewords.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

• "Coming off the dome" and "coming off the top" are Masonic codewords. "Dome" comes from "domas" which means "the presence of God" in Greek. "Coming off the top" probably refers to the capstone coming off the top of the frustrum ("unfinished pyramid").
  • "Bread" is part of the Masonic "increased wages."
  • "Crown" comes from the corona of the sun. Freemasonry is partially a sun-worshipping cult.
  • "Jake" probably comes from Jachin, which is one of the pillars of Solomon's Temple.
  • "Bo" and "az" (ass) are said as part of the grip of an Entered Apprentice.
  • The "Palladium" is the name of a secret society related to Freemasonry.
  • "Ballin'" probably comes from "Baal."
  • The word "badonk" actually was not invented within hip-hop culture. I forget where it comes from, though.
  • Neither was the word "chickenhead." It comes from a book by Philip K. Dick.
  • Philip K. Dick also wrote a book called "Confessions of a Crap Artist."
  • "Baby blue" is considered the most sacred color in Freemasonry.
  • The red cap is also known as the "Phrygian cap."
  • "Black" is the color of the Saturnalian (Satanic) cults, as well as the "Black Nobility."
  • Tommy Hilfiger made clothes in red, blue, yellow, green and white, which are the five colors of the Order of the Eastern Star. They represent the four elements fire, air, earth and water, and the fifth element "acacia" which is the ether.
  • "The most high" is a phrase used by Freemasons to refer to God.
  • The phrase "rules and regulations" is used in the Masonic lodge.
  • Freemasonry was supported during medieval times by "alchemists." It should be obvious by now why they wanted to turn "lead" into "gold."
  • The rapper Common actually did a song called "Communism." He also did a song called "I Used To Love H.E.R." (A reference to the Masonic Goddess?)
  • Rapper Jay-Z has been photographed giving a Masonic handshake to rapper Nas while on-stage.
  • "Ether" is acacia, which is spiritual essence. "Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.
  • Nas's first album "Illmatic" and Jay-Z's first album "Reasonable Doubt" are both loaded with Masonic symbols. Notorious B.I.G.'s first album "Ready to Die," however, contains more Buddhist influence reflecting pre-hip-hop black culture.
  • Tupac Shakur's breakthrough single "I Get Around" comes from a Masonic codeword.
  • Kanye West has been photographed doing all kinds of Masonic things, including wearing a white Baphomet t-shirt.
  • Justin Timberlake, who has collaborated with several rappers, was born in "Memphis."
  • The "roc" is an Ancient Egyptian bird.
  • A "knot" is a physical feature of the phoenix.
  • Africa Bambataa has used all sorts of Ancient Egyptian symbology.
  • Mos Def made a song called "Travelling Man" which is a Masonic codeword.
  • One of the most popular hip-hop songs is Sean Paul - Gimme The Light.
  • Many rap songs refer to "diamonds" and "sands" (sands are the "rough sands of the desert," which symbolizes the Ancient Egyptian god Set).
  • Some rap songs describe the Masonic penalties.
  • The overturn of Jim Crow and the civil rights movement also marked the first time when black men were allowed to become Freemasons.
  • "Crack" refers to the Masonic "Abyss." Freemasons say that after "getting over the abyss" you will be able to transcend good and evil.

One of Eminem's most popular songs contains a line which goes, "I am whatever you say I am." This comes from the Masonic phrase "I am that I am," which is a phrase that God used to describe himself the Bible. Michelle Obama used a similar phrase on the Larry King show.

I don't have an explanation for some of the more common hip-hop slang words like "yo," "ill," "dope," "fresh," "dis," "blunt," "dime" and "shorty."

There are explanations for many other things, like shoe laces, prison culture, and the words "holla," "mic" and "graf" but I can't remember them all right now.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Please Tell me you are kidding. The people who started hip hop didnt know anything about Freemasons. It was a pass time in the 'Hood' aka neighborhood. The lengths some will go to connect Freemasonry with everything, just sad.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

• ""Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.Ether" is acacia, which is spiritual essence. "Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

• Oh My!!
    This is really hilarious. The acacia symbolizes everlasting life. The sprig of acacia presents itself to the Master Mason as a symbol of the immortality of the soul, being intended to remind him, by its evergreen and unchanging nature, of that better and spiritual part within us, which, as an emanation from the Grand Architect of the Universe, can never die. And as this is the most ordinary, the most generally accepted signification, so also is it the most important; for thus, as the peculiar symbol of immortality, it becomes the most appropriate to an order all of whose teachings are intended to inculcate the great lesson that "life rises out of the grave

[edit on 20-2-2009 by On_The_Level]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
    link   
    OP, Professor Griff would slap the p@## out of you for suggesting this.
    I think this is a dummy account. I defy OP to tell me how rappers like Ganksta N.I.P., Bushwick Bill or Brotha Lynch Hung are "masonic". I'll star this since I lol'ed though

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
    link   
    My computer refuses to be a part of uncontrollable stupidity. Therefore this post must be up there with afew that have been posted. You should stay away from Prozac in the future.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:46 AM
    link   
    bwa ha ha ha h a.
    wait, let me catch my breath. wait...bwa ha ha ha.

Truely, the secrets of masonry have now been exposed. Now we must scurry off to the nether regions and design new ways to make ears bleed.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
    link   
    I was going to write something really funny at OP's expense, but I've decided not too.

However, netword dude's post above is worth a couple good deep belly laughs.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
    link   
    I for one am glad the OP was here to open our eyes with his research. It makes perfect sense as it's vital that the Masonic orders pinpoint and nurture their future members through codified popular culture.

The keepers of a legacy dating back several hundred years (sometimes said to be thousands) which has allegedly prided itself with members of various aristocracies and the very elite of any number of fields must feel very safe and secure handing over that legacy to people who, given no other prospects and opportunities, have often had to 'rap' their way out of constricting urban environments.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:55 AM
    link   
    I, too, am glad that the op took the time to research the material in this thread and post it. I have learned a lot from it and would like to thank him for having taken the time to help enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
    link   
    Enlighten you on what exactly? This post is totally false and ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:15 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Wally Conley

Yes, I'm interested too. Just becasue I know my music. Rap came from the east coast in the late 60's and early 70's. I also know that 2pac was a felon. Sadly as are many rap artists that young kids look up too. Felons and Masons, from my understanding, have um, never gone hand in hand.

The only value the above list has is the comedic kind.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
    link   
    mate you are way off base here, i did start my musical career around 84 and it started with Hip hop, and as in all genres we stayed true to hip hop. We never heard anything around any freemasonery in that circle of trust. Sorry to burst you ideas here..

Also please take a look on this Eminem video and then tell me again that he is high fiving the Freemason´s
    Video here cannot be embeded

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Loke.]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
    link   
    I bet a lot of rappers would be happy to hear this, and would probably go along with it too.

rappers get all this money and fame and still the world refuses to take them seriously. that could breed insecurities and drive to project yourself as someone important.

I would never believe rappers are masons, but i would believe masons use rap as a tool to dumb down the masses. keep potential smart kids in the deep abyse of "yo yo" "bling bling" "me me me" "look at my chain." fools listen to fools

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
    link   

Originally posted by On_The_Level
    Please Tell me you are kidding. The people who started hip hop didnt know anything about Freemasons. It was a pass time in the 'Hood' aka neighborhood. The lengths some will go to connect Freemasonry with everything, just sad.

Maybe not Kool Herc, but you can't put it past Afrika Bambataa or even Funkmaster Flex. Until very recently when rappers started making their own beats, they were at the mercy of the DJ, who was at the mercy of the producer (often he was also the producer).

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:29 AM
    link   

Originally posted by On_The_Level

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

• ""Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.Ether" is acacia, which is spiritual essence. "Acacia wood" is also used in Masonic fables to symbolize an erection.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

• Oh My!!
    This is really hilarious. The acacia symbolizes everlasting life. The sprig of acacia presents itself to the Master Mason as a symbol of the immortality of the soul, being intended to remind him, by its evergreen and unchanging nature, of that better and spiritual part within us, which, as an emanation from the Grand Architect of the Universe, can never die. And as this is the most ordinary, the most generally accepted signification, so also is it the most important; for thus, as the peculiar symbol of immortality, it becomes the most appropriate to an order all of whose teachings are intended to inculcate the great lesson that "life rises out of the grave

[edit on 20-2-2009 by On_The_Level]

"Everlasting life" and "immortality" are Masonic codewords for the vagina. A penis "dies" when it loses its erection. Isis "resurrected" Osiris by singing "magic spells."

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
    OP, Professor Griff would slap the p@## out of you for suggesting this.
    I think this is a dummy account. I defy OP to tell me how rappers like Ganksta N.I.P., Bushwick Bill or Brotha Lynch Hung are "masonic". I'll star this since I lol'ed though

Speculative Masons were first allowed into the lodge to discuss philosophy, so Freemasons nowadays pride themselves greatly on their ability to "wax poetic" about philosophical issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
    link   
    this is a terribe list and all speculative in nature

come on man, you gotta do better than this

why would black guys from the ghetto get rich and wan't to join a society of a bunch of old, crusty, white guys?

yea, instead of partying and living the life as a rap star

let's go into old temples and drink blood?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
    I for one am glad the OP was here to open our eyes with his research. It makes perfect sense as it's vital that the Masonic orders pinpoint and nurture their future members through codified popular culture.

The keepers of a legacy dating back several hundred years (sometimes said to be thousands) which has allegedly prided itself with members of various aristocracies and the very elite of any number of fields must feel very safe and secure handing over that legacy to people who, given no other prospects and opportunities, have often had to 'rap' their way out of constricting urban environments.

"Urban" in its current usage is a misnomer. It was originally a place for the wealthy. "Taking back the ghetto" has its roots Marxism.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:59 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Loke.
    mate you are way off base here, i did start my musical career around 84 and it started with Hip hop, and as in all genres we stayed true to hip hop. We never heard anything around any freemasonery in that circle of trust. Sorry to burst you ideas here..

Also please take a look on this Eminem video and then tell me again that he is high fiving the Freemason´s
    Video here cannot be embeded

First of all, hip-hop started in the 70's.

The "Illuminati" has always co-opted every pre-existing social movement, including Freemasonry and hip-hop. Coincidentally, Afrika Bambaataa never invented hip-hop but claims ownership of it through the "Universal Zulu Nation."

That song is called "Mosh"
    Is that "Freemason's" or "Freemasons" ? There isn't any high-fiving, but there are lots of other hand signs.
    I'm sure you know that the book Eminem is reading is "My Pet Goat." The "anti-war movement" and anti-authoritarianism are the Illuminati playing one side against the other. The people are wearing "revolutionary" military fatigues and black "hoods," which are more Illuminati symbols.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join