It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERT

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Goradd

and all this violence yes it does happen OVER in Mexico.

The violence is spilling over America's doorstep. Criminals are crossing from Ciudad Juarez into neighboring El Paso, Texas, kidnapping people and taking them back to Mexico. Of the 5,600 people who were murdered in Mexico in 2008, 1,600 were killed in Juarez.

OK, How many of these were Americans??? And who exactly got kidnapped? Just some arbitrary victim??? Come on, the kidnappings...people that mess with business; people that owe for drugs, people that tried to screw the dealers. But seriously...what's the number of AMERICANS killed by MEXICAN drug dealers on AMERICAN SOIL????
www.foxnews.com...
[edit on 21-2-2009 by odd1out]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Thanks for the link to my blog. I am glad I had the video available in its entirety. What Sen. Patrick had to say was extremely important.

No Sheeples Here!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

How many are needed before it's justifiable to defend our border?

I would like to think zero. But if we wait to find out what the Mexicans got in mind when things get really violent, then the American death toll will almost certainly rise.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Isn't one enough to warrent action?

Is five?

Fifty?

What is with this idea that it is OK because not a lot of people are being killed?

Imagine if this was some other group.... if it was, say, some kind of Middle Eastern jihadist group that just killed a few americans per month or year?

People would have a cow but somehow it's OK because it's just Mexicans, or because it has been going on for a while?

Why should people dying be "business as usual?"

If you read history we have already fought 1 war over this kind of stuff, the Mexican-American war.

This is not petty crime IMO, it is acts of war and the TExas government is reacting appropriately, though it should be the feds doing this.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Some of the latest, just found this El Paso Times article online:

Texas on alert
Concerns over the border protests prompted the Texas governor's office on Tuesday to place its operations center for border contingencies on alert, said Katherine Sessinger, a spokes woman for Gov. Rick Perry in Austin.

"This is the initial phase of the contingency plan, called increased coordination, but they stood down once it was determined there was no spillover of the violence," Sessinger said. "We will continue to monitor the situation."

El Paso Mayor John Cook said, "It's very dangerous times in Juárez, especially for somebody in law enforcement. It means we have to be prepared and have a plan, and I think you will see (a plan) next week from the (Texas) governor's office."

James Kuykendall, a retired DEA official and author of "O Plata O Plomo?" (Silver or Lead?), a book about the 1985 murder of DEA agent Enrique "Kiki" Camarena, said he is skeptical about Mexico's progress in its battle against drug cartels.

"Corruption is the main cause for why things aren't getting better," said Kuykendall, who worked with Camarena in Mexico. "They gave the country away 25 to 30 years ago to the drug cartels. For things to really change, the Mexican government has to have the political courage to arrest the real criminals and put them in jail."

In light of the continuing violence, the U.S. State Department on Friday renewed its travel alert for Mexico. According to the alert, "Some recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and gre nades. Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico, but most recently in northern Mexico, including in Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juárez."

www.elpasotimes.com...

Read above url for more.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

OK, How many of these were Americans??? And who exactly got kidnapped? Just some arbitrary victim??? Come on, the kidnappings...people that mess with business; people that owe for drugs, people that tried to screw the dealers. But seriously...what's the number of AMERICANS killed by MEXICAN drug dealers on AMERICAN SOIL????

It doesn't MATTER who they are kidnapping. If they are committing a FELONY on US, they should be apprehended.
Do you think that the US laws should be enforced selectively? Give me a break. A crime is a crime. Your kind of thinking leads to complete anarchy and lawlessness.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Maybe this is what Washington wants. They want Texas to use its own troops to secure the border to prevent them from being able to be used against Washington. It has become clear in recent months that decent is forming and their is a sense of revolution in the air. Washington want our troops occupied so they cannot rise up against them. Think about this people.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

No actually I just see the truth behind this BS. And like I said, it has nothing to do with what they are saying.
And are you saying ONE death warrants a MILITARY response from TEXAS???
Drug related death is certainly not a NEW thing in America...yes, anyone caught kidnapping an American should be prosecuted, even if that American is MORE THAN LIKELY INVOLVED IN ILLEGAL DRUG TRADE and probably has it coming. So now, do a google search for news and tell me...HOW MANY AMERICANS have been kidnapped in Texas lately? How many known to be shot dead by a CRAZED MEXICAN DOPE DEALER over from Jaurez for a KILLING SPREE in Brownsville. Where DO YOU LIVE anyway???
It's a load of BS, is all I'm saying. www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Actually, my acquiesce reference could have been better couched. I don't think it is in Texas' nature to acquiesce to anything. I meant it as a reference to her legislators and 'leaders.' I have no compunctions about granting that those folks are a far cry from 'representatives' of the people of Texas. - the same can be said of most states - if not all.

Somehow, we must identify the true Americans, as opposed to those who sell out while promising everyone they won't sell out. America needs Texas to be part of America, just like every other state, which says something about DC - home of the Fed and other such unique agencies which are quick to make declarations about the will of the people, while obeying their cartel masters...,

Maybe it's not one of many cartels (financial, energy, drug) at all, maybe there all one cartel.... conspiratorial, huh?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Why don't you check to see how many kidnappings that were in Arizona? So basically your saying because it hasn't happened in Texas yet there is no reason to do anything about it until it happens.

Man, I don't know what to say to that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm gettin ready to retire soon . I told my wife that i'd like to move to Texas or Arizona to do a little " RECREATIONAL " hunting . What do ya think ? By the time I get there it should be " open season " on them extreme southern varmits .

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I say send in the special forces, they'd mop up in no time! I live about 4-6 hours from the boarder so this hits home in a shocking way. I got my guns ready just in case.

It was mentioned there are issues in West Mexico, does this include the California/Mexico boarder?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I get a real kick out of these people that feel illegal incursions into this country are fine and dandy. These are the same people that believe that nothing belongs to a person,it all belongs to all the people. These are the people who seem to hold the popular sway in this country. I'd love to see how they would react. If they came home to a house full of illegals,lounging around,eating all the food,and refuse to leave. IT's the same damn thing that is happening to this country. Think about it!!

It doesn't matter if there has been one kidnapping or a thousand. It doesn't matter if there has been one american citizen killed by an illegal or a hundred. What matters is,the state of Texas has the right and duty to defend it's citizens and it's borders. I say hooray for Texas!!

Maybe this will get the ball rolling for the rest of these wussy states that placate Washington.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I think you're absolutely right . However the homeowners would probably get slapped with a law suit for bootin them out of the house . Unless of course they USED their defence methods . Let the lawyers ask all the questions AFTER I hang the shovel back in the barn !

By the way , great avatar . My flags have been hanging up-side-down since Jan. 21 . I'm getting a lot of flack from the neighbors.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is good old fashioned racism at its finest in America. As the economy tanks immigrants will get blame. Its not a historically new thing for America to single out minorities in times of crisis.

The all out war on immigrants is because of pure bigotry. So many people are declared missing or murdered because the United States trade policies make Mexico struggle.

We are merging as a third world country in America and the clash of civilizations is long overdue.

Should the police state of America keep our borders locked? Maybe but that still is not going to bring back domestic products and cure the trade deficits. The real problem is America and its Sheeple.

The drug cartels are not paying demonstrators. Demonstrators are doing what is right for humanity.

America and its racist detention centers of immigrants must stop. Why is it not torture to hold immigrants in prison camps?

We have a black president who fully supports bigotry and hatred for humanity. He turns his snobby nose at the Afghani and Iraqi people as being in the way of the war on terror.

Now the obstacle in the way for a free world is the Americas. The new racism and imperial pride will bring America down. Lets just sit back and watch.

Get those mint Juleps and confederate relics from grand pappy. Yee Hah! We are in for a bumpy ride.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Hundreds of American tourists were murdered just last year in Mexico. Not to mention the countless kidnappings going down all along the border. This is full on multiple drug cartels kidnapping people and battling each other for territory. If you don't find that frightening than I don't know what else can really be said.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sounds like great news for Americans. Guess its just coincidence that it sparks now, while the item is as hot as the ground under the feet of those in charge at state level? Call me ignorant, but you call DC and expect what? Help?

Aside from the drug-lords dropping Mexican police officers heads on display in iceboxes and the 'possible' spilling of a civilian war across the border. You now want to have your borders protected? Though not asking to roundup that pack of criminals which has infiltrated your government!?

The enemy is not at the gates. They are running the show from within.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stranded

Well most of us are well aware of the government being completely corrupted. Living right near the border though, it's a frightening thought...the possibility of this crap spilling over onto American soil, potentially endangering the lives of many, including some of my family and friends. YES, i have a huge problem with that.
Also, people here have been screaming for all kinds of measures to keep this kind of stuff at bay, and what has been done? Practically nothing is the answer.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well I surely understand the fear and agree borders should be patrolled. Its just that recently heard national guards talking about upholding the constitution. But to gain some urban warfare experience, let themselves deploy to do 'mock' gun confiscations inside the US. So I don't know what is more scary?

edit: just noticed at congresscheck/ronpaul forum the drill has been canceled.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Stranded]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Its too timely to just a coincidence over the economic crisis in the USA, it looks more like another bully mafia styled job to get Mexico to join in the new world order.

How else can you get the amero into circulation?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join