It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERT

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Originally posted by Swatman
because no government will be able to help.

I think the biggest problem is that our own governmentwill not help.

Could you imagin how this would be 50 years ago? I have family in Texas. I know for a fact that 50 years ago it wouldn't have been "wheres the government to help?", it would be" boys grab your rifles, it's time to protect our own."

Where has that mentality gone? Where are the proud Americans to take it upon themselves to do what is right? Does nobody have any honor any more? Does nobody no how to stand up for their own country? Are Americans so far gone that his is a null issue with you all????

This is outrageous.

im trying to keep that mentality alive. and a lot of the south west conservative states are.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone realize that we want a civil war in Mexico? We want to destabilize that country? Do you all not understand that the CIA and the Drug Cartels are in bed together?

How easy would it be say to make a North American Union if we were "forced" to intervene into Mexican politics? How simply could we sweep up the ashes of the ruined Mexican government if we made damn sure that the drug cartels were well armed and funded through the illegal drug trade overseen by the CIA?

Sure, we enslave their people, then we scream that they are taking our jobs. We buy their drugs and scream that we aren't doing enough to stop them. We encourage a civil war and scream when it hits our boarder.

C'Mon people think about it for a second and think about what the real policy is towards these people. What we want is cheap labor, cheap drugs, and to totally obliterate any Mexican sovereignty.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Like i said before i live in Brownsville, TX...right on the border...and yes those youtube videos are fake cuz there was no video....and that population chart u gave is for the Whole region not McAllen itself...i've been to other parts of the valley no one city is that big.....

and all this violence yes it does happen OVER in Mexico....yea a few shooting happen in the valley, like everywhere else, but the violence that YOU and Others are talking about has not affected the major border cities like EVERYONE is saying!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Anti-Federalist

No, the National Guard and Reserve are not the Militia.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Or we do everything that you said, not to enslave the Mexican people, but to merge them with us and Canada to officially form the NAU???? Once thats accomplished the globalist agenda moves into full swing and Obama announces the creation of a "one world bank", and a "global government".

The timing of everything happening right now should raise red flag alarms with every body who cares about freedom. Gun ban laws, talk of a global governement, FEMA, Texas NG on alert, oh and by the way the nation is bankrupt and talking to the Eastern powers for loans.... Loans that those countries like China and Russia can afford becasue they've purchased nearly all, or possibly all American trust assets? And finally a puppet President who based his campaign on change and transparency, and so far has handled all business behind closed doors and he hasn't changed a damn thing. In fact, he's signed a legislation that almost garauntee the total collapse of the American financial institution. It's just a stop gap guys!!

I garauntee you the media will disclose information very selctively about whats happening at the border today. If Texas makes a move the Feds will use that as the excuse to push their agenda with Mexico. I say bring it on. I have faith in that. If this was happening in Cali, I know there would be myself and 100 more people I associate with down there, at the border with arms ready to defend our home. Hell all my family lives in San Diego. thats where i was born and raised. If this crap comes to the California border it would be on like donkey kong.

WAKE THE F UP GUYS.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

and all this violence yes it does happen OVER in Mexico.

It also spills over into the US.
www.dispatchpolitics.com...

Monday, January 26, 2009 3:03 AM
In October, Mexican prosecutors reported that the attorney general's office had been infiltrated by informants for the Beltran Leyva drug cartel and that those people might have spies within the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

The violence is spilling over America's doorstep. Criminals are crossing from Ciudad Juarez into neighboring El Paso, Texas, kidnapping people and taking them back to Mexico. Of the 5,600 people who were murdered in Mexico in 2008, 1,600 were killed in Juarez.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Unfortunately I am joining this debate a bit late. While there are many good comments herein, I thought I'd throw in a thought.

I find myself wondering about the irony here. While I don't have any respect for the lawlessness represented in the actions that the cartels seem to be getting away with, I find it interesting that those who don't conceal their naked lust for money and power behind 'political' ideology are instantly proclaimed criminal, when the same fundamental approach and practices of profiteering and exploitation gets concealed by government cronyism and transnational corporate lobbying as a - righteous patriotic agenda of 'prosperity' and 'peace.'

For me the conduct and acquiescence of Texas has long been central to this rather unique approach to 'security.' We all commented ad nauseum on the interesting lack of border security while we are being forced to remove our shoes and have our bodies exposed to radiations down to the skin to ensure we are not carrying nail-clippers or a 12-ounce can of soda, or perish the though, a butane lighter onto a commercial plane. Texas 'yielded' to this lax (and dichotomous) approach to national security for over 8 years.

Now that a new administration is in town, it's a crisis of such proportion that people are banging their "yee-haw! long live the south" drums and generally doing their best to create a division in a union that has lasted for over 100 years. Don't get me wrong; the people of Texas MUST look to their safety and security; but they have had the same voice in congress and the senate for years..., even at the very top of the Federal government.

Am I being cynical when I ask if there is more than 'security' behind this move?

Ont the other hand, I understand the alert completely. It's called for. Where the hell is the 'protect' portion of the FEDERAL mandate? Why is a conflict thousands of mile away from our borders MORE important than THAT? Never mind that the entire affair and it's so-called 'security' justification is highly debatable to begin with!

Well, regardless, Texas, I love you, always have, always will. This New York boy lived there, and I can tell you, they've just as much to be proud of as any other State that saw fit to engage in the Constitutional Republic experiment. I just wish so many good people in such a valuable part of out country weren't so eager to give up to these bastards and quit.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

we are talking about the rio Grande Valley not el paso...

that was my whole point...because the previous post was inaccurate about what was going on in the valley...

and besides this has to do with the drug lords and federal officials...it rarely comes to the regular citizens, only if ur related to the offials on both sides of the border...

if the US offials stop getting involved with the drug lords then maybe there won't be a problem....who knows

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Goradd]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I finally found the video of Dan Patrick's interview on Foxnews regarding the alert:

nosheepleshere.blogspot.com...
I had the fox video link posted, but it seems to cut off half-way thru Patrick's interview, so the link above is from a blogger, with the ENTIRE interview.
Scroll down a little to see the entire video

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Well, when the problems begin, I know where NOT to go in Texas. Will someone please post this?

You have read survivalist Michael Bunkers book, Swarms Of Locusts. You agree to the Calvinist doctrines of separation, election, predestination... and you desire to help what you believe to be a brother in Christ. You consider moving down to Texas to be with what you believe to be the body of Christ. You send donation after donation.

This is what you will learn. Michael Bunker sits online gambling all day guzzling case after case of expensive beer. Beer only a chaser to the rum and whiskey bottles that are littered everywhere. His children do not have running water nor anywhere to bathe. They often have no heat in their tiny camper while Bunker and his wife live inside a cabin next door. Their outhouse, which could easily be made into a sanitary facility by simply digging a hole is a putrid stinking mess and you gag just opening the door. An outhouse that would shock the most hardened child protection teams. Bunker refuses to dig them a new one...he says he must toughen them up. He screams and barks order at them to haul dirty water from a pond nearby... but he himself lifts not a finger.
Women in the community are rebuked for head coverings that are too worldly.. or show too much of their hair... but wait! What is THIS?
Donations sent to the ministry are used for the whore Bunker once had and an adulterous relationship with and who he admits at one time aborted his child.

Bunkers whore lives in a cabin Bunker built about twenty yards behind behind Bunker and his wife . The whore grooms Bunker, cutting his hair every week, soothing and flattering him. The room is thick with their smoldering glances toward each other. When confronted about the inappropriate nature of this lustful relationship and the Biblical definition of a strange woman, Bunker threatens that he is still a man and may get in the flesh
( become violent) .
Bunker sneers that his crying wife, rightly upset about the whore in the back yard has nothing to say in this matter because she is not his church elder.

Bunker tells his flock that they are not to speak the Word of God, to outsiders from the community for that is of Satan to evangelize.
Among the generation of the wicked, there are some that have arrived at such a pitch of wickedness, that they are looked upon as dogs and swine; they are impudently and notoriously vile; they have so long walked in the way of sinners, that they have sat down in the seat of the scornful; they professedly hate and despise instruction, and set it at defiance, so that they are irrecoverably and irreclaimably wicked; they return with the dog to his vomit, and with the sow to her wallowing in the mire. Matthew Henry

BEWARE OF DOGS ! BEWARE OF EVIL WORKERS!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well geez I read yesterday that the US State Dept had issued warnings not to travel to Mexico so you can't say Obama isn't aware.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Goradd

if the US offials stop getting involved with the drug lords then maybe there won't be a problem....who knows

Are you saying that we should just leave the drug lords alone, when they cross the border, kidnap someone on US soil, a FELONY on US territory, and just let them cross back?
I can't believe you're saying that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So this means that the U.S might put military personnel across the whole border to prevent violence coming into the U.S? I don't understand why the media makes it out to be this big thing. Most people in Mexico don't even hear about the drug cartel things unless they live in a big or border city. Media propaganda.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by QiToNf

Most people in Mexico don't even hear about the drug cartel things unless they live in a big or border city. Media propaganda.

Well, considering the fact that Mexico is near a state of total collapse, I would suspect that the propaganda is on the Mexican side of the border, hiding what is going on from it citizens, hoping they don't find out what is going on.
Read the entire thread, and you'll see the US State Dept. Travel warning about traveling in Mexico, as well as an abundance of other problems south of the border.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry if someone already posted this, but I find this relatively ironic...

Texas just put forth concurrent resolution 50, all but asking the feds to stay out of their business...

And now they ask for help...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Although I wouldn't put much past the wreckless abandon of the Government, especially George Bush, I doubt if the National Guard was removed from State Command.
That wouldn't fly.

What I think actually happened was that Bush got the consent of the various Governors to deploy said troops overseas.

??????? What does Bush have to do with this? He's retired-

Texas is perfectly capable of taking care of itself. The Federal Govt can only stand in it's way.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I just want to point out that on a local level there have been MANY attempts to stop the illegal immigration problem here in Texas.

The problem is, someone from the Fed steps in and interferes with that.

For instance some towns here started passing laws that said no one can rent to someone who is not a citizen or legal resident. The people here wanted that almost unanimously yet people from out-of-state said, you can't have that, it discriminates! I have heard lots of talk about small militias and vigilantes working on this too, but little MSM there.

Then there was the whole Rameos and Campeon thing, the idea of "border security" has been a joke since then.

It is quite a difficult situation to be in, please understand, because to do anything but "aquiesce" would be to go against the feds and as other replies in this thread have shown, that is av ery delicate process.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Ah yeah...that's what I said on page four. People rely WAAAAY to much on MSM for their beliefs about what is going on. I'm amazed that people thousands of miles from the border have an opinion on this. They are fear mongering and using the 'ol DRUG & VIOLENCE bait to get everyone riled up. People act like Mexican drug dealers and hitman are crashing the gates as we speak. How much of the billions of dollars worth of drugs that come into the US actually come in via ground transportation through the border? VERY LITTLE!
I live VERY CLOSE to the border and it's business as usual. You want something to worry about??? Cut the flow of drugs into this country and you'll see the price of Heroin and Cocaine skyrocket...then we'll have millions crazed of dope fiends on our hands. And we'll have the GANGS here in this country, in operation for decades now, turning the screws as well. This talk about MEXICO has NOTHING TO DO WITH DRUGS or increased violence in Mexico...it has to do with US infiltration into that country as their economy collapses and drug money becomes the only money left, especially in northern Mexico. WE HAVE to have control of that money before TSHTF, or yes, it will end up in the wrong hands...those desperately trying to keep control of their only source of income. US drug addicts have fed the masses in Mexico for 30 years now. AND they are just the middle men, Heroin and Cocaine are NOT PRODUCED in Mexico. They would have us believe there is a huge amount of Meth coming in through Mexico, but I sincerely doubt that...why take the risk, it's made right here in the US.
www.berkeleydailyplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Borders seem like such a quaint and outdated idea to me. The idea that we are born in one country and we MUST live there, even if we can afford to live elsewhere and choose to obey that country's laws, seems strange.

I think we should open our borders to any and all. It would be a quick and easy fix for our economic situation. The housing surplus would be gone instantaneously and it wouldn't require putting future generations into massive debt.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

uuummmm...and the fight would begin at the grape vine until we reach L.A. and on through San Diego to attach ourselves to the small and surrounded resisitence that was left to fend for themselves. After we took care of those obstacles, only then would we exchange bullets at the border of Mexico. It would be ugly but it could be done

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join