It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERT

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wouldnt this be a matter of national security? And OUR governemnt dosnt wanna do nuthin abuot it? Dosnt suprise me. Seems like the governemnt wants to merge mexico with the states, OR for some reason, they favor illegal immigrants. Prob because they work hard for cheap labor. But damn, our own governemnt almsot completely turning thei backs on the public...: ( Revolution is in order.
IM tempted to send an emial to congress, "heard whats goin on, on the texas mexico border, thanks for the help money leechers"

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Makes ya wonder, if governemmnt dosnt wanna help the citizens of texas, aka UNITED STATES, imagine if thier was a full pledge invasion on our boarders, russia, china for example...seems the governemnt wouldnt do anyting about it, and let us die or fend for ourselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Although I wouldn't put much past the wreckless abandon of the Government, especially George Bush, I doubt if the National Guard was removed from State Command.
That wouldn't fly.

What I think actually happened was that Bush got the consent of the various Governors to deploy said troops overseas.

I am uncertain about this so I am just going to comment as if it were so, if not then I am wrong and sorry for the input.

Isn't the national guard considered to be state militia? If the answer is yes then George and co. didn't need to do anything because the constitution according to article two already grants the president the authority over the militia:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States."

The only thing really in question legally is if the National Guard is considered as state militia.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Living in south-central New Mexico I might be able to shed a little light on the atmosphere to our southern neighbors. Northern Mexico is dirt poor and I mean alot of dirt! There gov't hasn't nearly the resources as one might believe. The whole area is like a very spread out rural area. There military is almost nil compared to other countries. The U.S. is only concerned about their property line. Pretty much as in any other community, if you live on the other side of the tracks you're on your own. You can kill each other all day long for all we care. But if you want to change your neighborhood, we'll be more than happy to buy you out for a penny on the dollar. Can anybody say "North American Union". Anyone?

link   
reply to post by The Anti-Federalist

I would be really interested if this turns into a legal debate as to who can deploy them.

I would love it if the state stood up and said "Screw you!" if the Feds tried to order trhe TNG down.

I would also love to see a truly independant of government citizen's army down around the border. Show them that we really mean the business.

link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes it does matter because people here are blowing everything out of proportion....yea there is violence...there has ALWAYS been....everyone acts like in border is in this huge war...when in fact...we all go through our daily lives as if nothing is happening...

like everyone else is

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
reply to post by xxpigxx

I am from the Valley and McAllen does not have 720,000 residents are u kidding me...ahahah...gets ur facts straight... it has about 100,000 people...i'm from Brownsville which is the largest city in the Rio Grande Valley with the population of around 200,000

i don't know where ur getting ur information from, but it is VERY incorrect

ahem . . . argue with the city about it then

www.mcallen.org...

The pic at the bottom has your info straight up . . . and that was 3 years ago.

I do believe, however, that it is including Mission, Palmview, Edinburg, PSJA, etc. as the US Census has it at 126k (and Brownsville at 136k).

Most of Brownsvilles citizens are illegal anyways

[edit on 21/2/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yes it does matter because people here are blowing everything out of proportion....yea there is violence...there has ALWAYS been....everyone acts like in border is in this huge war...when in fact...we all go through our daily lives as if nothing is happening...

like everyone else is

The fact that you are OK with the violence is very telling... that you are okay with the killings, you just want to clarify it's 5-10 not 15-30... why should we stand for someone killing any number of our citizens?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

like everyone else is

Like I said . . . they can't stop the waves of unarmed illegals . . . how in the hell are they going to stop this.

And don't give me crap. Two days ago I was in Hidalgo, and you could here the gunfire consistently.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

nowhere on that page goes it say the population of McAllen is 720,000...and ur comment about brownsville being full of illegals...they don't count illegals in their census...

plus the illegals do all the dirty work....why not have them, the city works great with them around

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

like everyone else is

Like I said . . . they can't stop the waves of unarmed illegals . . . how in the hell are they going to stop this.

And don't give me crap. Two days ago I was in Hidalgo, and you could here the gunfire consistently.

That in itself is a lie about hearing gunfire constantly...i have never heard fun fire my whole life living in the Valley....

actually i have heard gunshots during new years...they shoot guns in the air to celebrate...is that when u went? lol

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Goradd]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have one simple and ver honest question to ask all of you.

Are you surprised by any of this? Becasue I am not.

It's time for people to start connecting the dots. Something big is going on right now, and it's happening to our country and primarily the average citizens. The federal government has been doing their best to step on States' toes since Obama took office. And the Bush administration did everything in their power to set this whole thing up. The bush years were a staging point for what is happening right now.

Are any of you seeing a patern here? A little bit too much coencidence? Or is it really just not a coencidence because there is a relatively active plan to divide America and take her down???? I don't have that answer but I'm leaning toward the latter instead of the former.

Even if the National Gaurd is still "legally" comanded by the state, this is a matter of Border Security, and therefor an issue of Homeland Security.
If the Feds don't back up Texas then i call time for action. That's a blatant disregard of American interests.

I'm totally outraged right now. Sons and daughters of America IT IS TIME TO PULL OUR HEADS OUT OF OUR ASSES AND TELL THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THAT WE DON'T WANT THEIR CRAP ANY MORE! Our country is slipping away right before our eyes and every one is too scared to scream at the government. Well I dare them to bring this to the borders of California. We would be down there so fast throwing bullets at those Mexican law breakers....

TEXANS, GET DOWN WITH YOUR BAD SELVES AND INSPIRE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY TO ACT. TAKE A STAND AND MAKE AN EXAMPLE AND OTHERS WILL FOLLOW!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

like everyone else is

The fact that you are OK with the violence is very telling... that you are okay with the killings, you just want to clarify it's 5-10 not 15-30... why should we stand for someone killing any number of our citizens?

5-10 i don't know what u are talking about...if you are so fond of saving people from getting killed why don't u go help or help the countries in africa?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Good!! if the stinking Feds and idiots want a DRUG WAR, well, now they HAVE ONE!!

I hope that the situation gets so bad that Americans finally get off their dead keisters and demand an end to the ridiculous drug war. The people WANT drugs...that has been the case for all of mankinds existence. They will do what it takes to get what they want, meaning PAY MONEY.

The providers of substnaces will find a way, no matter what, to get the money sitting there waiting. It is fact, and common sense. The only way to solve the problem is:

END PROHIBITION!! That is the only way to establish a system that allows adults to use what they want, while keeping a measure of control over the distribution. WHO controls the distribution and sales now? Criminals! They do NOT ask for ID, kids have money too...and they will kill to keep their businesses alive.

It is INSANE to keep denying reality in favor of stupid platitudes about' the message to kids'...the kids KNOW hypocricy when they see it, and the drug war is nonsense. The kids get drugs easier when it is illegal!! The entire basis for prohibition is faulty, illogical and innane.

Maybe some day the people will wake up and realize that it is NOT worth all the deaths and trouble , just to keep someone from smoking a joint or doing a line...as long as they harm no one else, it cannot be a crime, so leave them alone. The whole problem is tha drug use has been seen as a ' sin' situation...it is RELIGIOUS in nature just like the prohibitionists were in the 1920's...the religious far right thinks that all we need is their brand of religion and we will be happy and not need drugs...they want us to conform to THEIR views or be thrown in a cage.

I hope the border states get trashed, ruined and attacked until someone gets their brain in gear and says the obvious: Stop the prohibition, stop the arrests for personal use, stop treating us like children, and the troubles will go away. Let the people have and do what they please , as long as no violence occurs. Period.

When the profit motive is gone, so will be the gangsters. Simple.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It baffles my mind. We can send troops overseas to perceived threats, but can not take care of a threat that borders our own soil? I can not wrap my head around it. Do they they think if they ignore it , that it will go away?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
get ready guys because there is going to be border mayhem. and just like they said in we were soldiers:

Prepare to Defend Yourself

because no government will be able to help.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by xxpigxx

nowhere on that page goes it say the population of McAllen is 720,000

Lemme help you:

www.mcallen.org...

...and ur comment about brownsville being full of illegals...they don't count illegals in their census...

plus the illegals do all the dirty work....why not have them, the city works great with them around

It was a joke

Originally posted by xxpigxx

like everyone else is

That in itself is a lie about hearing gunfire constantly...i have never heard fun fire my whole life living in the Valley....

actually i have heard gunshots during new years...they shoot guns in the air to celebrate...is that when u went? lol

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Goradd]

Yes . . . new years was two day ago.
Where in the RGV do you live . . . Hargil?

I have given you all the info . . . a link for the showing the population, a link for a reporter in the midst of a gun battle, etc.

You have yet to disprove me.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Guess this is fake:

you know . .. it not being new years and all

Yep . . . this happens every damn day . . . that is why CNN is just starting to talk about it

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
There is nothing about this on the TNG website:

www.agd.state.tx.us...

But that may not mean much, as web updates are not always immediate, especially when it comes to the military. But just thought I'd mention it. It would be good to get further source confirmation of this.

And nowhere did I see anything about them actually deploying to the border.

[edit on Fri Feb 20th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

It's unlikely that the TNG will post anything about their planned actions on their website because it's an OPSEC risk (Operational Security). They never want to tell their enemy where they'll be, or when. If this is real, I also wouldn't expect the MSM to report this to any large degree because it goes against their plans of our two nations merging. It's been reported more than once that Mexico isn't doing well. They can't even keep a chief of police because they keep getting killed. All is not well south of the border. If things continue to deteriorate down there (and they will) we can expect to have problems along the border. Problems that won't be solved with hugs and outreach programs.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by bpg131313]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
because no government will be able to help.

I think the biggest problem is that our own governmentwill not help.

Could you imagin how this would be 50 years ago? I have family in Texas. I know for a fact that 50 years ago it wouldn't have been "wheres the government to help?", it would be" boys grab your rifles, it's time to protect our own."

Where has that mentality gone? Where are the proud Americans to take it upon themselves to do what is right? Does nobody have any honor any more? Does nobody no how to stand up for their own country? Are Americans so far gone that his is a null issue with you all????

This is outrageous.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join