It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERT

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
www.thecommentary.net...

Texas State Senator, Dan Patrick, was on FoxNews this morning at 8:45am. He said he had some “breaking news to share”. Boy was it!!! The Texas State Legislature had been trying very hard to get the Obama Administration to respond to a critical situation on the Texas Border. The Administration had not gotten back with Texas as of last night. So the State of Texas told Washington D.C. basically they could go jump, and “we’ll take care of Texas!”. As of last night… the Texas National Guard has been put on High Alert!!! This is the first time in history! Texas tried, desperately to get Washington’s approval… but when they could not get it… they acted on their own. Which I say…. it’s about damn time!!! I personally applaud the guts it took to defy the Fed’s and act in our best interest! In case you are unaware of what the problems are …. Sen. Dan Patrick spelled it out nicely!

1) 100’s of PRO-DRUG CARTEL Mexicans were blocking the entrance to the United States, yesterday and today, banging cars, shouting and holding signs. 10 people were killed Wed. and 12 more yesterday at the border (5 of which were children!!!)

2) They aren’t sure … but they think the Drug Cartel is paying the demonstrators to do what they’re doing.

3) This will spill over into the States! Mr. Patrick, and the other State officials,. are convinced that road-side bombs and car bombs will make it across the border and WILL NOT allow that to happen!!

4) Mexico is breaking out in Civil War in the western part of the border and they expect it to spread the entire border with no end in sight.

5) The National Guard will be activated as the scenario worsens and is on Alert now and will remain so until (and IF) Washington does something to end the danger on the border

Here is a source for the background of what is happening:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Draw a line in the sand, Baby!

If the FEDS will not take care of this situation, and they have not thus far, it is time we take care of it ourselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I have been rather informed about these events getting to the point's of escalation as to be referred to as the "Unmentioned Third war", and there seems to be an onslaught of both criminal and political/police oriented scenarios, but it is definitely a "True Threat" to all that are not welcomed.

Make no mistake, considering the military weapons now being used in Mexico and the number of deaths involved, the country is in the middle of a war. In fact, there are actually three concurrent wars being waged in Mexico involving the Mexican drug cartels. The first is the battle being waged among the various Mexican drug cartels seeking control over lucrative smuggling corridors, called plazas. One such battleground is Ciudad Juarez, which provides access to the Interstate 10, Interstate 20 and Interstate 25 corridors inside the United States. The second battle is being fought between the various cartels and the Mexican government forces who are seeking to interrupt smuggling operations, curb violence and bring the cartel members to justice.

www.stratfor.com...

Something is going to have to give, and I don't think that we are going to have an easy task a head of securing our USA boarders..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There is nothing about this on the TNG website:

www.agd.state.tx.us...

But that may not mean much, as web updates are not always immediate, especially when it comes to the military. But just thought I'd mention it. It would be good to get further source confirmation of this.

And nowhere did I see anything about them actually deploying to the border.

[edit on Fri Feb 20th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
A very interesting development indeed. I would caution the people of Texas to be alert and vigilant to further developments, especially and federal response.

The situation at the border has been deteriorating for years. In 2005, Cadillac Jack, in El Paso, stopped taking truck drivers across the border for sightseeing tours and shopping due to increased violence against Americans.

Spillover is a very real possibility. Be careful and be strong.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
S & F Prof

This is what FREAKING happens when we ignore PROBLEMS.

Damnit it's all going to hell.

Keep watching American Idol everyone and keep wishing this crap doesn't show up on your doorstep.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

And nowhere did I see anything about them actually deploying to the border.

That is correct. Right now, they are just on high alert.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Interesting times, indeed!

Line the Second.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live ~15 minutes from the TX/Mex border . . . ~30 minutes from the fighting.

If it spills across . . . I am ready.

You can hear gun fire and explosions every so often , if you drive 15 minutes SW or SE

Go get em Texas boys!

Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad! Remember San Jacinto!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I thought of this though.

I thought Boy George had removed the National Guard from state command.

So who's really pulling thes trings here?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Although I wouldn't put much past the wreckless abandon of the Government, especially George Bush, I doubt if the National Guard was removed from State Command.
That wouldn't fly.

What I think actually happened was that Bush got the consent of the various Governors to deploy said troops overseas.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I thought of this though.

I thought Boy George had removed the National Guard from state command.

So who's really pulling thes trings here?

He just made it able for the prez to take control of them . . .

this might lead to something bigger

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

OK thanks.

No crap, huh? I thought it was all jokes about a serious secession movement, but this drug thing has a lot of people pissed off and it looks more plausible. I'm for it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is time to take a stand that is for sure.

Screw the fed if they want to act incompetent then let them Texas will take care of their own to preserve their way of life.

What is Obama going to do? Nothing that is what, he might try, but at this point I think Texas is like screw passing a resolution, we are just going to act.

You know what they say Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

The Feds will have to take it seriously.

Think of so much of the USA's fuel, food, military, and technological intersts being based here.

If that is compromised for some reason, the rest of the country is in trouble.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Called three friends in national guard in different locations and they said they haven't heard nothing. This guy is a proponent of using Texas taxpayers money to tackle the problem.

2 | Illegal immigration – secure our borders now
The Federal Government has failed to protect our borders as they are constitutionally required. It is time we use Texas taxpayers’ resources to protect our borders instead of providing services to those that entered this state illegally. It is time for Texans to protect the Texas border.

www.danpatrick.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Called three friends in national guard in different locations and they said they haven't heard nothing. This guy is a proponent of using Texas taxpayers money to tackle the problem.

2 | Illegal immigration – secure our borders now
The Federal Government has failed to protect our borders as they are constitutionally required. It is time we use Texas taxpayers’ resources to protect our borders instead of providing services to those that entered this state illegally. It is time for Texans to protect the Texas border.

www.danpatrick.org...

It looks shiezty at first glance.

But I think it is a GOOD idea.

Let us be self-sufficient and get in a place where we DO NOT have to rely on the feds. I am willing to pay extra for that!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We have troops all over the world and Mexico is on the verge of collapsing yet NOT A DAMN THING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT.

What the hell are they waiting for? DO SOMETHING OBAMA!!

DO SOMETHING BESIDES HELP SEND THIS COUNTRY FURTHER INTO BANKRUPTCY!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hi All,

Hmmmmmm, I wonder why washington was dragging its feet?! I guess one could assume the "bigger fish to fry" angle, but according to the description of the situation, you would think that at least someone in washington would realize the potential that situation has to turn into something large and nasty.

Then of course [tin foil hat on!!] maybe those in washington want something to happen as a good excuse for:

a- A distraction for the american public so that other things can get done unnoticed.

b- A reason to pass more laws to help keep us safe ...

c- _____________ (insert something here that just doesnt make sense.)

Whatever the reason, I am glad that TX is acting on their own to take care of the situation. I hope things dont get out of hand.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

This is applicable?

When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression.

When the Federal Republican Constitution of their country, which they have sworn to support, no longer has a substantial existence, and the whole nature of their government has been forcibly changed, without their consent, from a restricted federative republic, composed of sovereign states, to a consolidated central military despotism, in which every interest is disregarded but that of the army and the priesthood, both the eternal enemies of civil liberty, the everready minions of power, and the usual instruments of tyrants.

When, long after the spirit of the constitution has departed, moderation is at length so far lost by those in power, that even the semblance of freedom is removed, and the forms themselves of the constitution discontinued, and so far from their petitions and remonstrances being regarded, the agents who bear them are thrown into dungeons, and mercenary armies sent forth to force a new government upon them at the point of the bayonet.
We, therefore, the delegates with plenary powers of the people of Texas, in solemn convention assembled, appealing to a candid world for the necessities of our condition, do hereby resolve and declare, that our political connection with the Mexican nation has forever ended, and that the people of Texas do now constitute a free, Sovereign, and independent republic, and are fully invested with all the rights and attributes which properly belong to independent nations; and, conscious of the rectitude of our intentions, we fearlessly and confidently commit the issue to the decision of the Supreme arbiter of the destinies of nations.

TX Declaration of Independance

150+ years later?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join