It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out All Lurkers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am here. I lurk most everyday. I do not post because most of the threads are intimidating to those of us with 'ideas' but not hard facts to back them up. Maybe if yall had ATS for dummies forum I would post there.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i lurk to learn. there's nothin worse than not knowing what you are talking about, and i'm pretty new to this whole conspiracy thing, though i have long been fascinated with most things discussed on this board. for example, i started reading UFO books in the 3rd grade. i really just discovered ATS not long ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ok, you got me to post...
I'm passive mon most issues, but i guess nows a good time to join

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well,I have to admit.I am guilty,my only defense here is that i did become a member and i do post comments but very rarely.mostly because i think that i`m not informed enough to make comments on many of the vast amount of subjects here on this site.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Alright Alright, I joined

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Henygirl..Welcome. Don't be afraid of your ideas. Ideas are sometimes better than facts. They have more potential; to grow.

Redhawk724..Jump in.. The water gets warmer once you get your feet wet.

breakingthechains.. Welcome. Passive is good, it means you are being open and receptive. When something really engages you, you'll move to
the moment and speak up.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hello Johnnyrock46... This place is a freakin information highway.
Take a ride.

Anonymousmoose...Hello. Love the name. welcome

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Henygirl

Heny when you have an idea and no facts head to skunk works. If you start a thread just let everybody know that it is speculation and you do not have any facts. You may find people who share your idea and can bring some facts into the discussion.

There are some rude people here but just ignore them and realize that apparently the only thing they can do is crap on others ideas. Do not be intimidated this place is not that bad. Despite what you will here on some of these threads the mods are here to help you any way they can.

So enjoy your time here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ok, you got me. I've been lurking here off and on for about a year.

I first found out about the site when I was looking up info on ancient mysteries. Since then I've read up on many more very interesting theories on different topics. It's also a good place to get a laugh every now and again I've found out
. Anyhow, I'm sure in the near future I'll start to chime in on various topics.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I consider this site entertainment. Instead of picking up a good novel, I come here to be entertained. Great SciFi stuff. Very amusing to me. You should think about making this stuff into a short TV series.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I admit I'm a lurker, but for a few reasons. 1) I'm not informed enough so I'm not about to go make an idiot of myself saying something that is probably common knowledge to others here. Wasn't it Twain who said "It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than to open it and to remove all doubt." LOL

2) some of these topics are waaay out there even for me. I have seen pictures out there of what looks like a dot in the sky, but then there are pages and pages of people who are convinced it is so obviously a space ship. I sit and stare at it from many angles and say 'umm no, it's a little light blob in the sky with absolutely no definition'. LOL I've just seen some wild stuff posted that I'd probably have to be drunk or on drugs to believe.

3) some stuff makes me so incredibly angry at our government and politicians and the way our world is going, but I feel helpless. The govt doesn't give a crap what I say, I have written a few politicians and they don't care. Sure I could become an extremist, get put on a watch list and stand up against my govt somehow in a radical manner, but I'm a mom with four young children. I have too much to lose and nothing to gain.

4) I have four kids, by the time they are all in bed and I'm getting time to veg out online I'm tired and don't have the energy to actively post.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I lurked for about a year, then joined recently, but I don; think I'll post much on ATS maybe BTS. I dont have the time to do the research required - unless we have some cultural theorists here as thats my area of expertise. But i read this site to learn and listen to people with differing opinions. Its all good.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by it fit when I was a Kid

No worries you will find a place to fit in here. THere is nothing wrong with simply putting your opinions out there for all to see. Just take your time you will fall into place.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I found this site years ago and have been loyally lurking ever since. I have found endless amusement in the 911 truth posts - most are quite hilarious to me - and, having seen a flying saucer myself some 40 years ago, enjoy the UFO threads.

But now, with the current threats to my country from within, I read mostly the political threads and find much information here that I just can't find in a single web site elsewhere.

Thanks to andolin for starting this thread as I am no longer a lurker but a member.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Welcome, It fit when I was a kid and Schlotzkins...

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I come on every day and read. I think that i signed up at once point, but i have yet to find a reason to post. Does not mean that i won't in the future. For now i'm just here. ///

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

MaMaa... thank you for sharing, I'm sure there are many others who also
find that ATS can be a disquieting place, and also allow some solace (as we Veg out and relax) in our quiet times. Sometimes it is good just to look and listen. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

I am a lurker, & have been for some time. I come to ATS because a lot of the subject matter interests me,(not so much the UFO stuff). What I usually do is scour the posts for the source links. The reason I don't post, is because I actually read very little of other peoples posts. I'll be honest with you,(I read mostly politics), I find that most posts are comming from people who are, in my estimation, ill-informed. Since I have no desire to get into arguments, or to be insulting, I opt to let those who wish to communicate with others on this site, do so in peace without being attacted. That being said, ATS is a great site, Thanx

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i am also a lurker. tried to register before but was denied for some reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join