It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out All Lurkers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Once you start posting around and getting to know the other members, and their views on "normal" things you start to realize that there may not be as many crazy on here as you think,

There is a lot out of the box thinkers here that push to if nothing else research events and places and all in all educateing yourself in the process. After your 100th post or so it gets to easy and then you can't stop so just hold on you get there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just posting so I can read the rollover of the last post. Easier this way..
But thanks for all the replies so far.. I really feel there are a lot of people out there who go to ATS every day and read various topics and forums and NEVER say anything. I know you are out there because I was one of you for almost 10 years. Speak up, don't be afraid. The thing that keeps this public forum active and the best out there is the fact that ANY person can express an opinion. Sure you will get criticism, but the mods won't let it get abusive, AND you have the right to express it. Stay anonymous if you have to...Or create an Avatar and, you are still anonymous to some extent,. The point is ...SAY SOMETHING.... but make it meaningful to you.
Grow and learn..We all have questions, Sometimes the answers are found in the strangest palaces...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Yes... I have seen several anon posters stimulate long and fruitful discussion..... If you don't speak..Nobody hears..except maybe yourself...
Speak up..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have lurked on and off for about 2 years before signing up and even now I still just lurk. I wanted to reply to a few posts before, but I was not registered so I decided not to post. One post did make me want to reply really badly so I eventually signed up.

I find myself not wanting to reply when the thread is so long that I am unable to read every post in it before posting a reply. Even if it is a short thread I still won't post unless I have something really good to say. A few times I started to write a reply only to erase it and not post one.

Basically I don't add to a thread unless I'm able to add on vital information. I dislike posts that only say something along the lines of "I agree with the OP." as it does not add anything useful to a thread.

A man of few words I guess.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Also use the alert button. The mods here are great but they do miss things.
When someone starts to bash you instead of your post or if they are going a little too hard at your post. The mods are an alert away and will correct the problem.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Their name is Legion...for they are many.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
reply to post by nahsik

I understand that, I have been there. The funny thing about is that...If you don't get to express it..Then the only person you can complain to is yourself..

Nahh actually I end up complaining to the next person I talk to either on the phone or when i'm out. Then they complain to me about being doom and gloom, but hey I had the last laugh when they made losses in their superannuation.

Yeah I used to do that with the whole drudgereport and everything also. I just got sick of it when someone else beats you to it haha..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, after sticking around quite a bit I'm going to become a "lurker" for a while...

With all the recent changes, I wonder what this place will look like when I visit next.....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

I know, I waited 6 years before registering and posting. I was following a thread and was really PISSED about something and felt I had to say something. My mistake..If I had just contributed all along, I would have not felt so upset. The point is, join up, and jump in when you have something to say. don't feel intimated or otherwise disclined to participate. All opinions, unless obviously disruptive, are generally accepted. Have a thick skin and move on.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

At least somebody is listening to you..
The great thing about ATS is you can "LURK" until you get fed up with the Bull!@#$$ and the put your two cents in if you want to.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yes I do see a somewhat "Orwellian" influence or tendency..
But I will wait and see (judge) were it is going.
This is a huge and ever increasing community and I am sure there are some intentional and unintentional disruptions to the community coming into play. Simon and company are going to have there work cut out for them. ATS is bigger than the NY TIMES CIRCULATION at this point.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This thread has been moved to "Introductions"..
That seems appropriate at this time, because if you don't want to contribute or are just "lurking" , for whatever reason, well maybe you need to introduce yourself.. Even if you have to do it under a pseudonym or avatar. My point is..hey ...speak up or forever hold your peace. We all lurk until we are forced to contribute for whatever reason. Don't wait, ATS is a great community. You wouldn't be eavesdropping if you Were not interested. Most of us don't bite, and those that do are quickly removed.
Freedom of speech is respected here.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Personally, I don't trust it. It is afterall a conspracy site, probably the most popular one on the net, so as a rather free thinker myself (and slightly paranoid), I would have to assume that ATS is monitored by "outside " agencies, if not worse. Just look at all the policy changes it's made over the last year and a half.
I've had more than one account on here, and had them all "removed" since then and I've long since gotten rid of that computer. Now I just post anonomously every now and then from random locations. At this point, that's enough for me, thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It is now 1:58 AM. and only serious ATS posters or "LURKERS" are left here. Now is your time to post... Let us know you are out there...
Tell us why you want to be heard and what you have to say.
OR come back tomorrow and engage everyone. To all you west coast and overseas folk. I apologize. I must go to bed. I will check back in the East Coast (USA) AM. and answer all replies. Come out..Come out..Whereever you are.............

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i was a lurker that made infrequent anonymous posts until i realized i didn't need to be ashamed of my opinions and decided to go ahead and own them.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kat77

Yes, many of us, for whatever reason(s) just decide to remain silent and wait for someone else to express our thought and or opinion. Then we think "Whew...I'm glad he/she said/asked/ that" Often that "thing" we are hoping to have said, doesn't get expressed by someone else and we just give up and abandon the thread. It's better to open up and say our peace
(piece). Lurking is kinda like letting others do our thinking for us. I'm not saying this in amean or insulting way, just an observation. Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
this is an american thing anyway...they have way too much "saliva" to keep inside ;-)

just "lurking"

If the world gonna end today, i will do what i did yesterday
to walk in hope is something we have forgoten to do
to believe that, despite of this madness, there is a wisdom beyond us
to love even when there is no reason to do so

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
[edit on 2/21/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
good a place as any to post my first post here i was a lurker for over a year just signed up the other day, hello everyone

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilBat

Welcome and this place here Freshman Forums is wonderful if you have questions about ATS.Ad with any questions you may have a lot of mods are really helpfull and most don't mind if you u2u them with questions

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join