It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Out All Lurkers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I apologize to the mods if this is in the wrong forum, and if so, please move it.
How many people out there are "LURKERS" who come on here every day, read the posts in there favorite forum, and just say nothing? I was just like you for a long time. i still do not post very frequently, but I am now a member. Why should you join?? Why should you not?? Your choice really... But what good is it if you don't get to express your opinion? Sure you can wait around until someone else expresses your opinion for you, but what about the response ...and the rebuttal?? Surely you have something to say. Be anonymous if you have too. My question is... HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY LURKING OUT HERE???? Maybe the board and Admin would like to know. Just reply to this thread anonymously, or register if you want to, to let ATS know that you are out there and interested. Heck let them know what topics and or threads or authors interest you while you are at it. RESPOND, say I'm here but I don't want to post for whatever reason. I'm sure it will help.
Here is your chance to let ATS know that you exist but just have not, for whatever reason, come out of the closet. It is a wide and diversive community here, reply anonymously or register..Let us know you are out there. You have an opinion and interest here, please express it. Ask questions, express opinions, share information...This is what ATS is all about. Let's hear from all the "LURKERS" out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin

Here is your chance to let ATS know that you exist but just have not, for whatever reason, come out of the closet. It is a wide and diversive community here, reply anonymously or register..Let us know you are out there.

Finally...

Hi, my name is Chapter29 and I'm a Forumholic...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I used to visit the forum for awhile after becoming interested in conspiracy theories in general, and then after reading some posts that interested me in a personal way, I decided to sign up and actually contribute. Although I must warn that a lot of people on here are not flexible in their ideas AT ALL, and will take the first chance they have to rip your ideas apart, but its still good to get your opinion out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

This would mean that you have an addiction to Forums,
Yes I feel your pain..
Being a member here, you have taken the "First step"...
Now you can adjourn to the lobby for coffee and donuts.

Anybody else lurking out there??

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm guilty! For about two years, I've been visiting a.t.s. pretty frequently, but would never stay very long......rushing by this site and a handful of others to try and get the headlines with what little time I had online. I finally joined earlier in the week and was floored at the amount of information! Since joining, I can't seem to get enough of this site, but have been hesitant to share, thinking I don't have enough to add.......or at least anything new to add. I'm feeling more open and capable though, and feel my participation most certainly will increase. You guys and gals run an awesome site!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams9

Yes, contribute, but respect others opinions. someone will always disagree with you..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Are you calling me out to be marked?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tunatarian

This is a common reaction to ATS. There are a lot of "Experts" here. Do not be afraid to express your opinion. do not be scared away. The majority of the community will support your right to express your opinion, without challenging your right to express it... But be prepared for informed rebuttals...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tunatarian
I'm guilty! For about two years, I've been visiting a.t.s. pretty frequently, but would never stay very long......rushing by this site and a handful of others to try and get the headlines with what little time I had online. I finally joined earlier in the week and was floored at the amount of information! Since joining, I can't seem to get enough of this site, but have been hesitant to share, thinking I don't have enough to add.......or at least anything new to add. I'm feeling more open and capable though, and feel my participation most certainly will increase. You guys and gals run an awesome site!!!

Thats exactly how I felt, and why I didnt actually join and post for awhile, but now that I have displayed my views on certain things, I'm addicted! Even if I feel like I don't have a lot to say about a particular topic, I will just start writing, and before you know it, I am 2 paragraphs in! Good luck to you!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shaston

No sir, come out your leisure.. Marking is up to your or others discretion.... Do not be afraid.. Say what you mean and then the markings of others will be upon them...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I started lurking around on ats only because I wanted to read the news of the day. Most of the time someone has already expressed my thoughts and opinions on the thread already and so I really don't want to double it. I can't be bothered at the moment searching out new information on the internet and then making new threads so thats really why I don't have a lot of points.

Its funny I'm always active on the racism topics but I've been spending more time on bts though and giving my input in the 'relationship forum'.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well I am with 29 on this one Hi my name is Ant and i am an ATS forumholic. It started simple. I found this site while researching paranormal activity and found myself drawn back more and more after each hit, of the selected forum
and now it is a full blown addiction.

But anyway yea come on lurkers sign up and sign in. They really don't bite around here unless you want them to.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

I understand that, I have been there. The funny thing about is that...If you don't get to express it..Then the only person you can complain to is yourself..My opinion is.. What the hell.. It's my thought and I can either bury it in my own mind, where only I can judge it, or I can express it and then at least I can get the opinions of others,,and then make my own decisions about the validity of the thought.,,, There are many opinions out there...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm not ashamed to say that i was a lurker,all my closest companions knew about my open secret,but as friends do,they said nothing and carried on like my predilection didn't exist.

I registered a couple of years ago now,but its only recently that I've plucked up enough courage to come out of the closet and openly post on the forums with people like me.

I lurked,and im proud of it !!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Yes I see you have many posts and ATS points, lets get the "LURKERS"
to chime in, thanks for your help...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Thanks,....Fear of posting is a common malady..
Let's all post.. Consider this a Psycho-Social experiment!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Yes I did the same thing,
Then I went to drudge report and Rense and considered myself informed.
About 6 months ago I decide to contribute because I disagreed with what I was reading..
Anyone else feel the same way..??

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

I have joined as a member...but try to avoid the " drama" I read here everyday...love ATS!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have lurked for over a year now, ended up here while searching for answers/information about UFO, alien and other paranormal things. Hardly expressed opinion as there is so little evidence to bite on to and usually a lot of other people have similar thoughts and expressions as I do.

Another reason I didn't join was probably the amount of crazies here. I can say "hey maybe they are onto something, maybe they feel something I don't" but when it comes down to it, that's how they're classed as crazy and mentally ill. Blossom goodchild is a good example- where do those people come from and why create something so far-fetched (make a topic about that, I'd read it)

Anyhow, I'm not here to judge others even though it may happen somewhere.. I'll be gentle.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
An Anonymous just posted and it reminded me of something. Lurkers I don’t know if you realise it or not but a lot of times your post can takes a good bit of time before they appear on the forums. And if the topic is hot or instantly becomes hot as is known to do. You idea, how ever important or powerful they may be may not be seen.

Come on in the waters fine. When you have a regular identity people can relate to you and your views are looked at a little more seriously. You start making your virtual friends that you can bet you will always have something to talk about in the forums.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join