It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] You know what I think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have been following the conversations in here and as I see it the clues are mainly going to consist of deciphering number codes.. something your everday person does not have alot of experience in. I think the only people who are going to have a chance at winning this are people who have been trained or know alot about decoding etc... Oh well. *deep sigh*

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I have been following the conversations in here and as I see it the clues are mainly going to consist of deciphering number codes.. something your everday person does not have alot of experience in. I think the only people who are going to have a chance at winning this are people who have been trained or know alot about decoding etc... Oh well. *deep sigh*

maybe all of those codes are pointless and only being given to keep everyone busy until the real game starts in May ?

I'm taking notes just in case though...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well with all of the hype that has been generated on this site, I really have no interest in the whole thing anymore. Sure I might ponder something for 5 minutes, but the first thing that comes along to distract me usually does.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Well with all of the hype that has been generated on this site, I really have no interest in the whole thing anymore. Sure I might ponder something for 5 minutes, but the first thing that comes along to distract me usually does.

Funny you should feel that way Jonna because i don't find it interesting. When it first started i was like "wow,cool" now im just "pfft...big deal"

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

That's me out then

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've never really been into the whole code-breaking thing to be honest. I am well aware that my own abilities lie elsewhere. Good luck to everyone who tries though

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I think the mods will make it so everyone can take part, i can't see them making it for the members who are highly intelligent.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think the mods will make it so everyone can take part, i can't see them making it for the members who are highly intelligent.

are you saying just because a person doesn't know codes, they aren't intelligent!!!!

just kidding

i know what you meant...or do I?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

are you saying just because a person doesn't know codes, they aren't intelligent!!!!

just kidding

i know what you meant...or do I?

yeah, I don't know how to decipher the codes, but feel I'm intelligent..

I was also thinking that the Mods will make the game so that all will have a chance. At least I hope so.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Ummm it almost looks as though you were saying that people who are not interested because of the code breaking are not intelligient.... umm ya.
This reminds me of how you will find a question like "what the capital of some foreign country is?" on one of those online IQ tests.. questions like that have nothing to do with a persons IQ. First of all they would have to had come across that knowledge at some point to remember it, and secondly it is not something that requires any brain activity other than recollection.. there is not logic involved.
I am not saying that people who have not had experience with code breaking are smarter... just that they have a distinct advantage over others who have never done that sort of thing before.

My IQ has nothing to do with my apprehension.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is off topic,

but Infinite is that chester in your avvie?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OR. THEY ONLY KNOW 1/2 OF THE STORY AND NEED YOUR HELP TO DISCOVER AND FIND THESE RINGS.

IS IT REALLY A GAME?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
This is off topic,

but Infinite is that chester in your avvie?

Nope Scooter Ward from Cold

top topics

join