It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sombrero-shaped UFO pic-is it real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was browsing UFO pictures on Google, and I came across this. Can anyone tell me if this an alien aircraft? I really need help, and all help will be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I believe it is however there are Black Ops craft also?

This is a realy old pic but a good one and hard to debunk like all the old UFO photos.

You have to think that over the years many ufo shapes have changed and that leaves me to believe that the majority are our own secret craft, just look at the old photos and compare them to todays sightings.

Star & Flagged

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Yeah, that's true. Most old pics are hard to discern from fact of fiction. And it is possible that most pics of UFO's are our own government projects. Thanks for the reply.

Dragonfriend

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfriend

Yeah, that's true. Most old pics are hard to discern from fact of fiction. And it is possible that most pics of UFO's are our own government projects. Thanks for the reply.

Dragonfriend

They are fact my friend be it ours or thiers?.

They were very hard to fake back then and there was not the attention seekers around like today.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yes, another great remark, Bob! The media now-a-days is very high compared to the media of the yester-years. It would be hard to fake, as you said, for the fact that there was no "photoshop". Thanks for the comment!

Dragonfriend

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It does look like the lid of a trash can , but does make an interesting photo.
Yes it was hard to fake back then but cameras were new and people might have been playing around with it , seeing what it could do. What a perfect way to test out your cameras capabilities

Doesn't look like anything i've seen before but it does look like a old trash can lid. Is it real ? Who knows

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That is true, it does look like an old trash can lid! And the reason it looks high is probably because it's closer. It is fairly big. Thanks for that comment!

Dragonfriend

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Have a good look through these photos as there are plenty of what you are calling trash can lids?

ufocasebook.com...

Better than swamp gas I suppose.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Im a big believer in UFOs , i've seen a couple myself actually and i know it gets us nowhere to call things fake but there's better pictures out there in my honest opinion. Most of those pictures you linked do not look like trash can lids , but this one has a perfect trash can handle looking top

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl

Im a big believer in UFOs , i've seen a couple myself actually and i know it gets us nowhere to call things fake but there's better pictures out there in my honest opinion. Most of those pictures you linked do not look like trash can lids , but this one has a perfect trash can handle looking top

Yeh! could look like one, but what type? European, American, British, or Australian trash can lid.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Well , Australian.. But could be anywhere really

Maybe the top has been bent in to shape a little , because i know you're next comment will be " But the handles don't look like that " Hehehe.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl

Well , Australian.. But could be anywhere really

Maybe the top has been bent in to shape a little , because i know you're next comment will be " But the handles don't look like that " Hehehe.

Nah! Im just mucking around.

A bit of playful sence of humour.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I was browsing UFO pictures on Google, and I came across this. Can anyone tell me if this an alien aircraft? I really need help, and all help will be appreciated.

If someone tells you that it's an alien spacecraft, then hes a LIAR, dont trust him, or ask him to PROVE it. You might want to take a look here.
Trust no one, it's simple

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

If someone tells you that it's an alien spacecraft, then hes a LIAR, dont trust him, or ask him to PROVE it. You might want to take a look here.
Trust no one, it's simple

God dam it Iternos!

I was having fun here

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Don't trust the government. I know I can trust some people. But, then again, that Pillage book that came out has a perfect example of not trusting anyone in it. Though, you can trust your family and friends, can't you?

Dragonfriend

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Don't trust the government. I know I can trust some people. But, then again, that Pillage book that came out has a perfect example of not trusting anyone in it. Though, you can trust your family and friends, can't you?

Dragonfriend

In the op, you posed the following question:

Can anyone tell me if this an alien aircraft?

The answer is NOT: those who could, can't, and some of those who don't know would try to reply, but it would be a LIE
My reply was higly respectful of your question. The point is that if someone comes and claims that it is an alien spacecraft then is a liar, regarding that specific case. If you pose the question more in general, then there's to discuss, but regarding this specific case there's not much to say.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The day I trust the government is the day I turn off free thought and join the other cattle grazing in the field.

I know too many people who work for the government and the one thing they all have in common is a habit of lying even when its not necessary out of habit because that is what they are required to do daily as government workers.

and no I don't mean mailmen!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This is the information you requested.
Courtesy of August C. Roberts

The George Stock 1952 UFO photos. A classic case in Ufology wich remains
inconclusive and unexplained. The incident took place on July 29, 1952 at Passiac, New
Jersey at 4:30 PM when Mr. George Stock who had a lawn mower repair shop was in
the yard working on a mower and had a very unusual sighting. Mr. Stock took seven
photos with a regular economical box reflex model camera.

The Stock photos were published in the Morning Call, Vol. CXLI, No. 28, Patterson, New
Jerser on Friday Auguat 3, 1952. Geoge Werz of the OSI, Office of Strategic
Intelligence contacted George Stock and tried to get the negatives but Stock refused
several times until finally agreed under the condition of a prompt return and Werz
signed a receipt. However Werz didn't return the negatives and after six months and
many threats by Mr. Stock finally Werz returned only 5 of the 7 negatives, two of the
original photos have not been seen since.

In an affidavit signed by the contract photo developer John R. Riley on March 13, 1954
he declared:

I John Riley, received from George J. Stock (1) roll of film wich I developed in a normal
manner and what appeared on the film, appeares to be a so called “flying saucer”. The
film to my knowledge has not been tampered with.

John Riley worked as a developing photo contractor for several local agencies.

The Blue Book reference.

UFO Case Files From Project Blue Book, FBI Files, And Air Force Files

UFO CASE 13:

Mr. George J. Stock, who had a lawn mower repair shop in Passiac, was in the yard
working on a mower, around 4:30pm, when he happened to look up and see something
unusual flying in the sky. He yelled to his father in the house, "Bring out my camera!
Bring the camera!" and his father came right out with the economical box reflex model.
George took it and began hurrying back and forth to get the UFO in the viewer and
shoot frames as fast as possible. It was coming directly over his house from the IT&T
tower, a 16 story tubular building nearby. George snapped seven shots on black and
white negative film of the solid looking structured object as it passed above in flight. It
was estimated to be 20 to 25ft above the ground, then it slowed, hovered momentarily,
then accelerated and flew away across the back yard.-

The UFO Hunters featured The George Stock 1952 UFO photos on the History Channel.

video.google.es...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

That is very helpful. I guess it's not a trash can lid! Does anyone know what the actual color of the craft is? That just came to mind.

Dragonfriend

[edit on 2/21/2009 by Dragonfriend]

join