It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seventh Son

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is anyone here a "Seventh Son" or "Seventh Daughter"?

Not just a song by 80's popular heavymeatal band Iron Maiden
There is legend behind the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Daughter.

The Legend states the 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son' is the unborn one in the poetic sense, 'He' being preordained by his birthright too be a 'Maker of Things' endowed with gifts of 'second sight' 'predicting the future' 'healer' 'lucky' and a 'devil may care attitude' being referred to as the 'Divine One' or the 'Chosen One' who has a 'special purpose in life' for the 'Lord of Hosts' who is also cursed by the good & evil forces battling for his eternal soul.
www.mystical-www.co.uk...

Seven is an important number in many cultures.
Sheva (Hebrew) means full and complete.
In Genesis seven is used quite often. Seven days of creation (actually six plus the day of rest), Seven deadly sins, seven seals, seven plagues,ect.....

Enoch was the seventh generation from adam. He was good enough in gods eyes to take him up to heaven without dying (rapture?) at 365 years old (7x52=365... I know debatable signifigance).

Anyway this thread is about the seventh son or daughter not the number seven alone, so lets move on.......

Through history it's been thought that the seventh child had healing powers and the seventh child of a seventh child was twofold. People use to make their seventh child become a doctor based on this legend these children were known as Septimus children.

Certain qualifications were essential to the healer's art. Being the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter (or seventh son of a seventh son) brought the power to heal by touch especially if the parents had been seventh children. Seven was accepted as the most sacred of numbers, and seventh children possessed 'second sight' and the art of seeing the future. Although today it is not so common to find a family with as many as seven children, until the end of the Victorian era huge families were very common. Another reason presumably, why there are so few mystics in the latter part of the twentieth century!

www.shyscyberchamber.com...

It would be intresting to hear from anyone that is an actuall Seventh child and if they have any thing special to share. I leave you with the song lyrcs from Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son:

Here they stand brothers them all
All the sons divided they'd fall
Here await the birth of the son
The seventh, the heavenly, the chosen one

Here the birth from an unbroken line
Born the healer the seventh, his time
Unknowingly blessed and as his life unfolds
Slowly unveiling the power he holds

Seventh son of a seventh son

Then they watch the progress he makes
The Good and the Evil which path will he take
Both of them trying to manipulate
The use of his powers before it's too late

Today is born the seventh one
Born of woman the seventh son
And he in turn of a seventh son
He has the power to heal
He has the gift of the second sight
He is the chosen one
So it shall be written
So it shall be done

Sorry if this has been discussed. I did a search and didn't find anything. If there is just go ahead and delete it.
Baked

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What if the story of Enoch is realy a parabol for the movement of the sun. And his "death" was the end of the solar cycle ie 365 days. And since the solar cycle is marked as it is now with 7 days of the week and 52 weeks in the year thus 365 days.

Notice how Enoch could have been equinox or Equinochs or shortened to E'noch. Since an equinox is a yearly event marking the Sun highest or closest point in earth's orbit. Is it possible that the story of Enoch really tells us about the motion of the Sun compared to the earth and of the method used to track the days ie 7 of 52 = 365?????

Just thought I would throw that in there

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah I was thinking something similar to that while doing this thread. There definatly seems to be some conection there. I believe he actually existed tho. He was probably the first enlightend one and thus god took him up. Many say he was also Jesus or Micheal.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Also a seventh child King David of the Jews:

I Chronicles 2:13-15
2:13
And Jesse begat his firstborn Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimma the third,
2:14
Nethaneel the fourth, Raddai the fifth,
2:15
Ozem the sixth, David the seventh

More on King David

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I had a search around to see if I could find any genuine seventh sons of seventh sons. There isn't a lot of info out there about it, search engines tend to keep throwing up the maiden track. there is a lot of talk of seventh sons or seventh child. I found that Osama Bin Laden is actually a seventh son.
The only genuine 7th son of a 7th son that I did come up with was Perry Como
www.geocities.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My uncle would have been the 7th son, but he died before I was born. I don't really know much about him, my mom doesn't really talk about her side of the family that much, so I don't know if he's the 7th son of the 7th son. I know my grandfather had 9 brothers and sisters, but I don't know where he was in the order.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hey there... Well my mother is number 7. She got 1 younger sister, two older brothers and four older sisters... So 8 siblings.

There hasn't been anything weird there... :/
-Quane

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quane
Hey there... Well my mother is number 7. She got 1 younger sister, two older brothers and four older sisters... So 8 siblings.

There hasn't been anything weird there... :/
-Quane

I believe it would have to be the 7th son or daughter not the 7th child. Like they would have 6 other siblings of the same sex making them the 7th.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Reading the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, I noticed that Lestat, (I dont know if he will be familiar to you or not) was a seventh son, it must have some significance...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If you read the lyrics to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son it kinda tells you whta being a seventh son means.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My dad IS the seventh child. His mother's first marriage was to a man who mannaged to get her first two pregnancies aborted--long story. He has four older brothers, to boot, and is the only son of a second marriage--she was 40 when he was born. His children have only lived if they were the odd chlid. 1 Me 22, 2 Lorelie (would be21) (died of bathtub drowning 2 days after 1st b-day), 3 Mike III 18(married with Mike IV on the way), 4 (physical labor-induced) miscarriage 12, 5 joseph 11 (induced labor b/c of bloodpressure)...dad got vasectomy after that since the next pregnacy could kill mamma. Suspect that # 6 would have klilled her and he would have remarried and had # 7.

Only he and his children have this weird thing where we dream reality before it happens--watertowers falling, running into trees before palying football, whole days, meeting peole, hearing songs beofre they come out. we also walk, talk, do weird things in our sleep, bothe go away with age. No one shows this that I know of--maybe dad's dad does...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
oh, yeah, the previous two were male, or maby it was one girl and twin boys--it IS one or the other; my dad is the 7th son

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
my grandfather is a seventh son of a seventh sun (he has a LARGE family). he doesn't buy into any of the paranormal stuff though. he seems normal too me..

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have never understood the meaning (seventh son of a seventh son), I come from a family of 10, I am the 9th born, I have 2 older sisters and 7 older brothers, and 1 younger brother, who happens to be my twin, but we are born on difrent days, allso, my berthday, my fathers birthday and my twins birthday, run concurently 1 after another,

If enyone can enlighten me on what it means, pls do,

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by marccc]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't know anything about specific prophecies, but my general understanding is that they are special to the faries and often have an abnormally high natural psychic leve, i.e., if they want they can do real big-time magic consistantly. I don't think it's accurate, but people always seem curious about it. My dad was a 7th son, and he shows a really stromg capacity to have his dreams come true, litterally, and I don't think it starts in this family before him...at least, my grandparents have never admitted to having them. Lok to see if anyone is abnormally anything...and you might have your answer.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marccc
I come from a family of 10, I am the 9th born, I have 2 older sisters and 7 older brothers

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by marccc]

If you have 7 older brother wouldnt that make you the 8th Son and your next oldest the 7th?
2 Older sisters + 7 Older brothers = you were 10th born
Also 2 Sisters + 7 Brothers + You + Younger Twin = Family of 11

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by ShiftTrio]

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by ShiftTrio]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't know very much about this, but I ran into these postings when I was searching for information on a family myth. While digging up my family roots I found that my grandfather was claimed as a Seventh Son of the Seventh Son and he had a Seventh Son who would have been my uncle that died. There is some wieird tail that my grandfather held a worm in his hand while his son was born and it lived, so the son was cursed to die, which he did when he was 9. The tail is an old Indian belief that if the worm had died the son would have lived.
Just wierd stuf that gets passed down. I think back then, there wasn't a lot of entertainment.

'Overview of the Legend and Mythology
of the Seventh Son'

This Legend although mentioned in specific detail through many books of the old and new testaments of the King James version of the Bible, predates it, back to the dawn of time in all major philosophies and cultures of the world.

The Legend states the 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son' is the unborn one in the poetic sense, 'He' being preordained by his birthright too be a 'Maker of Things' endowed with gifts of 'second sight' 'predicting the future' 'healer' 'lucky' and a 'devil may care attitude' being referred to as the 'Divine One' or the 'Chosen One' who has a 'special purpose in life' for the 'Lord of Hosts' who is also cursed by the good & evil forces battling for his eternal soul.

He is a person who pervades the domain of intellectual speculation and diffuses himself through the channels of moral activity. He is omnific, omniform, omnipercipient, omniscience, omnipotent. He it was who invented letters, printing, the railroad, the steamboat, the telegraph, the platitude and the circle of the sciences. He created patriotism and taught the nations war -- founded theology, philosophy, law, medicine and Chicago.

He established monarchical and republican government. He is from everlasting to everlasting -- such as creation's dawn beheld he fooleth now. In the morning of time he sang upon primitive hills, and in the noonday of existence headed the procession of being.

His grandmotherly hand was warmly tucked-in the set sun of civilization, and in the twilight he prepares Man's evening meal of milk-and-morality and turns down the covers of the universal grave. And after the rest of us shall have retired for the night of eternal oblivion he will sit up to write a history of human civilization in the Books of Life!

There has been over 200 autobiographies or reflections of 'Seventh Sons' down through history, and it is also linked with musical scores performed by various artists starting with the blues great 'Willie Dixon' whom wrote the original lyrics that was taken from Benjamin Elijah May's 'A Black Man's God as reflected in his thinking' that Johnny Rivers rerecorded in his anthology of 1965 to 'Iron Maiden' who devoted an entire CD Disc to the Legend of which their lyrics were based on 'Orson Scott Cards' series of books on the 'Seventh Son'.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm technically the seventh of the seventh. My grandfather was the seventh son, and my mother was his seventh child. I'm my grandfather's seventh-born grandchild, but only my mom's second-born child. I think I've had some experiences that sound a lot like the seventh child of the seventh child attributes/experiences, especially with luck and recently with "foretelling the future."

My mom has said that she thinks the seventh child thing, at least in her experience (and mine, too) has made her life a quest to find something bigger than herself, like a god or just a higher power. . . it's the same with me, too.

Unfortunately, I never really had a chance to talk about such things with my grandpa, because he died in 2000 or so, before I knew anything about the seventh child legend.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the seventh daughter of the seventh daughter. I have never heard of this before though.

Interesting to say the least.

b56

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Uh oh.
My server was reset - I think I posted the reply to this in another thread

Sorry.
But I said that I was 7th in line for 'this stuff', although 2 of the women (one still alive) iether don't have it, although she doesn sence when we need her --- hm. And she don't cry - ever. Not even when death comes to very close loved ones. Ok. She's down right strange.
Anyway - say la ve

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join