It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warn button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I noticed that some people have a little "warn" thing to the left of their posts. Out of curiosity I clicked on someone's and it took me to one of their posts. Did I just warn someone or does this mean that they received a warning?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
No, it means they received a warning from staff. Clicking on it shows the post the warning was for.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It means you went to the post they got warned for. You should take note of this and not do what they did to earn that little sticky.

It is an example of what not to do.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That person had received a warning. Clicking a warn button takes you to the post they got the warning for, however most times, the post has been removed.

Just know that it was something against the T&C's that got them the red warn tag.

They go away automatically in 72 hours.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ah, okay. Thanks for the help.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

So it is kinda like a public admonishment, How 2nd grade of you guys.
second line
third.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

If you have an issue with ATS spit it out already, no need to beat around the bush.

really.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
So it is kinda like a public admonishment, How 2nd grade of you guys.
second line
third.

Says the guy that likes to talk about Zombie Strippers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Do I need to skip recess and hit detention after school?

[edit on 2/20/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I don't believe I was beating around anybody's bush.
If somebody is in violation with policy and procedure then, by all means take him or her to task, but if do it it in an open forum, then you should be wiling to take criticism from the whole forum. my opinion is...this did not have to be posted to the whole ATS community,. Let's all look to see which respectfulness members have red warnings on there avatars..
Be careful it just might become a badge of honor.. If someone is disruptive
then ban him or her, don't "flag" then for the whole community to watch.
We are a community . A living body here, with affiliations and personal allegiances and commitments.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

We do ban those who disrupt.

The warning flags are a great tool and I for one am glad that we have them.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

They are getting criticism from one member of the whole forum, not the whole forum.

It seems like you are the only one with the problem.

JMO...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Oh wonderful, you are a super moderator, gee you get to look at everything I have ever posted, and spit it out. good, thanks you for proving my point. Please guys .. don't ever believe that this forum is moderated for content and applicability to topic... every time you post anything, expect it to be thrown back at you, out of context.
To prove the point of the mod..
Ok have had enough..
Out of here

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was just kidding bud, no offense. I'm sure I've posted worse. No need to be so serious I'm sure you can handle a little criticism just as well as we can be it accurate or not.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Bye.... sorry we couldn't give you an answer that you liked.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin

Ok have had enough..
Out of here

Then why you still here?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Yup I can, but I am not a "Super Moderator" and I don't have to. I apologize to anybody I have offended, but my ethical point still remains.
Frankly guys, I am getting a little worried about the Orwellian slant some of the measures that admin are taking here. OK warn somebody, but when was a kid, my dad told me in private and then my mom did, and if that didn't take maybe the rest of the family got to know about it. every time they went public I rebelled. I guess I feel the same way. sorry to anyone who takes offense.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Your still new here, and the warn tag has been around for some years now. It also serves another purpose, and if any members feel it is a badge of some sort, will soon find themselves on a longer break. As so many of those niffty red tags add up and eventually a temp ban occurs.

It is nothing new, and no one else has made an issue about it. The warn isn't going away, so going on about it won't do any good.

Don't like it, try not to earn any. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Understood

top topics

join