It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ufo sighting, 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I just wanted to share this with you,

This event took place on September 15th 2006 some time around midnight. I was visiting my father in Louisiana. I was staying with him in a very rural and isolated town, in a small shack in the backwoods of an old plantation.

I was up on the roof of the shack stargazing (No T.V or internet, you have to find ways to keep yourself entertained) when I saw a faint glow over the treetops. I stood up and saw a large orb havering next to the water tower, about 3/4 miles from the shack, give or take. It started slowly drifting to the right of the tower and then sped off, breaking into 3 separate objects as it did so. The whole thing lasted maybe 15 seconds. I couldn't tell how high up it was because it was kind of bright, and may have been further away from the tower then I first thought.

The Reporting sticky says I should attempt to make a sketch, so I did:

EDIT: the image seems to have been cut off, here's the full size img3.imageshack.us...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ShriYantra]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting. When you say they sped off, did they speed off into the sky or did they seem to go toward the ground when they sped off? In you drawing it kind of looks like they are headed toward the ground. Did anyone else see this phenomena with you or anyone in the area? What do you think it is if you had to make a determination? Sorry for all the Q's.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, my perspective is off in that picture, but they went off into the horizon - it looks like they were following a downward path.

I asked a couple of people in the area and two said they thought they saw lightning flashes - but they were inside. It may have been ball lightning, but there wasn't a storm in the area, and the orbs were huge, before it broke off into three objects it was about the same size as the top of the water tower.

I didn't see the direction it came from, but they left a glowing trail as they went off.

I couldn't tell you what it was, I looked up some pictures on the internet but none of them looked like what I saw.

I was hoping to hear other people's explanations.

new topics

join