It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck: Prepare For The Worst (Must Watch)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ranhome

They are talking about possibilities and such, you want to look around you and say well it hasn't happened so therefor it can't happen? Is that what I'm getting from you. Try this, stick your hand out in front of your face, palm in about 2 feet away......Thats you thinking in the present, it's why poor people stay poor, why criminals commit crimes and why liberals say and do the things they do, no vision, only present minded people.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by newage2012
I LOVE how post apocalyptic america involves unionized labour, and nationalized banks. I'm apart of a union, I've worked non union, and I can tell you now that the way you are treated is night and day. So why do we disaprove of unions? Or are all of you afraid the US is going to turn into communist russia? Eh comrade? As for the banks, a bunch of privatized units desiged for self survival. Why on earth wouldnt you want them nationalized? Have the people own it, instead of rich billionaires who would rather see you wiped from the face of the earth due to your "vermon" status. If you dont believe me, look at how the average individual treats a homeless person. Its terrible, and guess what, the billionaires view you the same way. SURPRISE. Gotta love it. All I'm trying to say, is why are these guys picking on these concepts? Is this more propoganda shoved down your throats? More "invested interests" by big business? I suppose thats up to all of you to decide.

Wally

For one thing, Nationalized banks are the problem currently...sooooo......ok......any way and second of all they are only imagining in extremities and saying everything is unionized with Gov't control at the helm....try paying attention.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well right now is what we have. The NOW. No one knows what the future will bring. Be grounded in the present, remember the past and keep an eye on the future.

I have never said that it wasnt't prudent to prepare for the future.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I have no response for people in denial. I will say that I listened, I know what is going on, and I know what the answers are. But you and others like you are not ready to receive the answers. :

To those that mock.....do you really think I will let your mocking enslave me or govern what I say and do? Selfish humanoids, only interested in false ego cravings and appetites for bloodshed. It is not I who needs to be prepared for losing it all.

Your "all" (love of money and material wealth) has been perishing since the beginning, and you never saw the end of it coming.

You talk war, not preparation. You talk about saving your country, not saving the planet. You talk about saving yourselves, saving your delusional symbols of freedom, and be damned with the rest of humanity.
None of you will be free until all are free.

How will you accomplish that? With your winchesters, rugers and remingtons?

[edit on 21/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ranhome
remember the past and keep an eye on the future.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that....dude! IS the whole point of this thread! Get real for a second. They are only talking about possibilities....real ones mr. fluffy pants....this kind of scenario isn't exactly original. Besides, always prepare for the worst and hope for the best, if you actually listened to what he had to say, I wouldn't be having to explain it to you.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A big alert and proof that you can't trust Glenn Beck, something from Wiki but unless you are familiar with the true nature of Ayn Rand is

In the early episodes of his Fox program, Beck repeatedly referenced or recommended the works of philosopher Ayn Rand, specifically her novel, Atlas Shrugged. [34]

I say this as a warning to the naive and the innocent a lot of people will try to tell you it is a great book full of great and "right" ideas. It is not.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

Have you ever heard of being "totally prepared" for anything?
They do make suits, masks, fallout shelters, etc.
Better to be prepared and die trying than complain and do nothing....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

How will you save the planet if you arn't allowed to save your own country. God dang....flufffy love and blind devotion to love and understanding, wake up buddy, that is not the world we live. I would give my life if it would create such a world, but get out of your haze and just wake up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ahhh, Mr matrix. You have elevated yourself to a super being and put yourself on a pedestal that none of us Earthly beings can obtain. How nice of you to enlighten us on our evil ways. Do you have a creed that we might worship? I'm sure you can find a few accolites in our foolish population. You may feel untouched by our problems and above the frey, but I will assuredly not be fooled by your novel approach of superiority! If you happen to be a misguided human, your going to fall face first into the crap your so far above!
Zindo

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Your logic is soo overwhelming I shutter in your greatness.

You are the one missing the point...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the posts and it is sounding (from the above posts) that it wasn't such a bad thing!!

I happen to like Glen Beck and appreciate anyone who stands up and speaks what they feel to be the truth. It's like; "Or else what?"

I would rather be mentally prepared than to keep blinders, or rose colored glasses in place, and be duped later. I am limited to what I can do, but half the fight is in understanding what is happening.

The God I believe in, requires you to be awake, and to act on your "senses!"

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OP pushing fear onto people who will listen and act like mindless sheep, thats what this thread is all about.

Its all about what ifs, if's and but's, maybe's.

Maybe a nuke will go off tomorrow, sure sit at home and worry about it today.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I dont suppose we could continue to talk rational and not get resort to name calling and partisan BS on this thread. If you come on here and rant and call people names you are wasting your posts cuz they will leave and the cooperation and advancement dies. This is about getting over it and looking to the future, whatever that may bring. Can we please be civil with each other and be mad at the crooks ripping us off, please? Thank you!
I dont have much to add, its being covered eventually. Thank you all for your posts. Well almost all.

P.S. If you dont like the thread, leave & take the hate with ya.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

How will you save the planet if you arn't allowed to save your own country. God dang....flufffy love and blind devotion to love and understanding, wake up buddy, that is not the world we live. I would give my life if it would create such a world, but get out of your haze and just wake up.

I would tell you if you were awake and not wearing that fluffy suit

It is not I that needs to wake up. I am not a follower. The sleepers follow the sleeping, while deluding themselves into believing they are awake.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by David9176
I found out he was or is a mormon and well, lets just say I lost interest real quick.

That's pretty disappointing. Do you often judge others based on their religion? How's that going for you? Making lots of friends?

Originally posted by shrike071
reply to post by David9176

David -
Almost all of your posts are links to the harpies in the media, especially Beck. What you fail to understand is that Beck/Olberman are in the business of entertaining. Their programs are designed for one purpose - to entertain and make headlines. Unfortunately, there are those that take what they say as marching-orders and act accordingly.

These programs are not rooted in reality, but rooted in the headline-grabbing 'sky is falling' panic-inducing reality that has one purpose: SELL ADS. Everytime these idiots make an outlandish claim, it stands a chance of being picked up and turning viral. Then more people hear about Beck and decide to tune in. VIOLA! They get more viewers. More viewers = more money.

Please - do yourself a favor and unplug. If you want the best idea of what is happening out there, read 'The Economist' or check out the BBC. They may not be perfect sources, but they are far less influenced by $$ than the US outlets. They are also largely immune to the doom-and-gloom reporting that seems to suck so many of us ignorant Americans in.

And yes - I DO know of what I speak. I've been in the industry for 17 years and I've got an Emmy on my mantle to show for it.

In short - yes, things are bad. The landscape IS changing. The economy IS in trouble. However, it is not as bad as these idiots would have you believe. Don't take what they are telling you as ironclad fact.

Do your own reporting.

It's obvious you A) Didn't watch this show and B) Never or rarely watch Beck.

First of all, as any long time listener of Beck would know, he is no shill. He has no affiliation. He's a wild card. That's why he tends to irritate just about every faction.

Second of all, if you had taken the time to watch it, you'd know this particular episode was drenched with disclaimers talking about how none of this is predictive. Philosophically anyone studying self defense, all the way up to military grade survival abides by one golden rule: You first understand the very worst case scenario, and how to deal with that - then dial it back to reality. You understand that worst case scenario is very unlikely to happen, but then you are prepared physically and emotionally for anything that DOES happen in between reality and worst case. This applies to everything. It's a sign of intelligence and self preservation to do so. It isn't fear mongering, it isn't fear peddling, it isn't scare tactics. It's the opposite of ignorance.

So I will take your expert advice and apply it to your post. And my advice to you, would be to maybe watch/read an OP in it's entirety before making know-it-all statements about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
If you happen to be a misguided human, your going to fall face first into the crap your so far above!
Zindo

It appears to me that you are on a high horse of your own. I might suggest your fall will be greater and the impact on earth heard by many more. I have seen myself for what I am, fallen and was raised again, not by any powers of this world, and they assure me as long as I am in their company I shall not fall again. You stand on your own, fall on your own, lift yourself up to fall again, or accept the hand of truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Glen Beck and his right wing agenda-ite followers are not only fear mongering, they blame the problems on an admin that's been in office less than 30 days!!

You uncompassionate right winger war mongers that want all the world's wealth for yourself while the rest of the world starves to death under your feet are in denial of the FACT that BUSH and his warmongering admin. put us in this mess.

Some Humans are so pathetic. Their so called awakening is nothing but their dreams that keep them sleeping.
ENJOY:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Once again...while Glenn Beck is a conservative, that is beyond the point.

Let me say it clearer.

HE HATES BUSH.
Why? He is only conservative by name!

More than likely he already does, and will, hate the now current administration.
Why? They are not conservative.

But the idea that he supports the republican agenda is absurd. Obviously you are making obscure comments to ONLY FURTHER YOUR OWN HATE TOWARDS THE IDEA THAT SMALLER GOVERNMENT = BAD.

Maybe once people will stop labeling every single person a G.W.B/Republican Party lover just for being conservative, then we can get some things done.

And to note - I would not consider myself on either extreme. We NEED government, especially on funding for technology,education, public maintenance, public services, but what is happening now is just abuse of powers to fill their needs and only their needs.

The problem today is that the people will never revolt physically or not, if we have some sort of "hope" that we can live in a house and get a decent job - while still forking over all of our pay. It seems that the government/big business trying to make everyone be able to live "just enough", with just a bit leftover money to feel like you are earning something. And if you could not tell this too - business runs this country to some extent, and not in a good way.

So, for the last time (probably not, I will end up repeating myself many more times), the people of conservative ideology did not like Bush on the economic front by any means (the war is another story and year long debate), and we do not like much of what Obama is already doing.

It makes me crazy when people knowingly dismiss information just because of a false label.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Reply to David:

You are making claims that since he is in it for the money, we should not take anything he says serious.

If I am an "entertainer" (as you call it), but I told everyone the truth on my talk show about the cure for cancer, should I be dismissed too since I will only be making more money since there will be more viewers?

Your logic is flawed.

I would rather tell the truth and get paid rather than tell the truth and be poor. But, that is just my view of him.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

Thanks for the reply. Um, ya It does make me alot of friends. You must be mormon. I try not to ever judge anyone, thats Gods job. However, it is more than fine if they judge others, that is what their religion is about. Thats their entertainment. I really am sorry I feel this way. This is where I first found out what racism really was. Anyone who thinks the way they do about things, I don't trust. I have seen numerous incidences of the most hypocritical and backstabbing nature because of the "one true church and others are all going to hell". Like I say I am usually not this way, but I just dont trust them. I do not trust people generally, so no exception here. Everyone has a personal agenda and it usually involves bettering their personal situation and not much else. Thanks for speculating about me! I feel all special now.

When will we realize religion(fanatics)always kill more people in more wars than any other reason! ....ever heard of jim jones?

Moromonism is a cult in every definition of the word.
It is a false perverted teaching of christianity based on one mans dream with no verifiable evidence to back it up. DNA evidence proves their claims are false. Their are places written thousands of years ago in the bible where you can still go and touch and see with your own eyes whats real. Dont give up your soul for one mans claim! WTF?

Sorry for the off topic rants OP and Mods.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share what I've learned, explain my position and voice my opinion!

[edit cuz im a moromon err a morON, there thats right I think!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Someone starts a thread.

There is some kind of proof or in this case, a MSM video.

Now, give this thread, the objectors should be on here providing "proof" that everything is just peachy, and history proves that we will be just fine as we have been though something like this before.

Now, maybe I have not been on ATS for very long, but I don't think it's the ATS'er way to come onto threads and argue just to argue. Getting a kick out of throwing a thread off tracking for your own selfish sick motives.

Why don't you try to convice us with some evidence that your side is right.

In this case, I guess you never watch any news. You don't want to learn any history. You don't care what happens or if you might be in danger.

Then the question to you is.

Why the hell are you here?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join